• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortext hs-t failure

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
Guess I have been lucky I have 3 pst and never had a problem. Cabelas discontinued the 4x16 HS-T. I got it for 390. Which is a great deal. Shot it all summer on a volquartsen 22 magnum. Lots of ground hogs killed. Took it out last night and went to adjust the magnification level and now the cross hairs turn along with it. What are you going to do. So let's have some recommends on a 4x16 Moa scope. Price point max 600 I won't be putting this back on this gun.

Vortex will be more than happy to fix it for you. If it worked all summer for you I wouldn't hesitate to use one again. Maybe it took a fall?

I own a handful of Vortex and will continue to because of their awesome warranty. I'll take that broken HS-T off from you if you don't want to bother sending it to them to get fixed.

If there is one problem I have seen most often with Vortex it is the canted reticles that happen on some scopes after a bit.

Guess I have been lucky I have 3 pst and never had a problem. Cabelas discontinued the 4x16 HS-T. I got it for 390. Which is a great deal. Shot it all summer on a volquartsen 22 magnum. Lots of ground hogs killed. Took it out last night and went to adjust the magnification level and now the cross hairs turn along with it. What are you going to do. So let's have some recommends on a 4x16 Moa scope. Price point max 600 I won't be putting this back on this gun.

I'm sure Vortex will be quite happy to fix/replace that scope for you.

I can see the problem though. You were using a "magnum" cartridge, which we all know these aren't up to. Even if your "magnum" is a .22 rimfire. /snark

That's a screaming price for a HS-T.
Regular HS's were on sale for that much.
Luckily Vortex's warranty program is awesome.