• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo feeding issues. First range day impressions.

IamJoHo

Shoot Better Nerd
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2019
    Columbus, Oh
    www.facebook.com
    Has anyone else experience feeding issues with their Vudoo. Brand new Vudoo built Friday. KRG Bravo stock. 2 different Vudoo mags. Center-X and Midas+ only. Seems like this may be more of an issue with the Chassis. After a few malfunctions I noticed that the magazine seemed to drop in the front causing the bolt to either completely miss the round, push in to the side of the case or push the the bullet into the back of the barrel causing deformation and if it did feed an extremely hard bold closing.

I had saved these rounds but unfortunately stepped away from the bench and when I came back they were no where to be found. I did manage to save one though.

Attachments

• 20201026_173003.jpg
      20201026_173003.jpg
      185.5 KB · Views: 116
    @RAVAGE88

That’s the guy you need to talk to. Give Vudoo a call in the morning if you can’t get an answer. They have some of the best customer service in the business.

Reactions: tinman52
    Has anyone else experience feeding issues with their Vudoo. Brand new Vudoo built Friday. KRG Bravo stock. 2 different Vudoo mags. Center-X and Midas+ only. Seems like this may be more of an issue with the Chassis. After a few malfunctions I noticed that the magazine seemed to drop in the front causing the bolt to either completely miss the round, push in to the side of the case or push the the bullet into the back of the barrel causing deformation and if it did feed an extremely hard bold closing.

I had saved these rounds but unfortunately stepped away from the bench and when I came back they were no where to be found. I did manage to save one though.

Did you look at the Bravo installation directions about how to install the rear screw? You can also adjust the fore-end screw on how tight/loose the mag is as welll.

When did you get your gun? If it was around March, it could a mag issue. That's what happened to me. They sent a replacement mag and now it's working fine. Otherwise, you'll probably have to send it back so they can readjust the barreled action in the chassis.

When did you get your gun? If it was around March, it could a mag issue. That's what happened to me. They sent a replacement mag and now it's working fine. Otherwise, you'll probably have to send it back so they can readjust the barreled action in the chassis.
    Barreled action was picked up Friday morning.

The KRG Bravo doesn't always come out of the box in a way that mags fit correctly. There's an adjustment process for the chassis that will fix your issue. Shoot me a PM or give the shop a call tomorrow and we'll talk you through it.

Edit to add: Did not see @littlepod post until after I posted. Follow those instructions....

MB

Reactions: squishee
    I should have started this thread off much better than I did. I should have also given all of my first impressions of the rifle and not just the issues I had.

The rifle was amazing! Feeding issues aside(which I don't think are caused by the barreled action) this thing shot better than anything I have ever pulled the trigger on. Quick sighting in and then a five shot group was just a ragged hole. Then standing head shots on steal at 100 was too easy. Moved out to 12"x12" steal at 200 dialed using the Lapua app and only took 2 shots. Sent a few more at 200 and it was too easy. Went to the same size at 300 and 2 shots and back on steel. Tried at 400 but couldn't dial anymore and was trying to hold over farther than what the glass allowed but was right there. I will be picking up a 30moa base this week.

Played some more and then went to the rimfire range which is just a 4" plate(or maybe 3") every 25yards out to 250. Walked all the way out to 250 only taking one shot to hit each gong. This rifle almost seems like cheating.

So needless to say I'm in love. Plan on shooting NRL on the 14th and PRS on the 28th. I can wait.

The KRG Bravo doesn't always come out of the box in a way that mags fit correctly. There's an adjustment process for the chassis that will fix your issue. Shoot me a PM or give the shop a call tomorrow and we'll talk you through it.

Edit to add: Did not see @littlepod post until after I posted. Follow those instructions....

MB

Thanks MB for the quick reply. I will definitely try what littlepod posted. I will give you guys a call if I need more assistance.

Also thanks for the awesome rifle. After shooting yesterday I'm just trying to figure out what day is best to call out of work this week to get more trigger time. I think I figured out how to burn all of my remaining PTO this year. Never though 22lr could be this fun.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
    Thanks MB for the quick reply. I will definitely try what littlepod posted. I will give you guys a call if I need more assistance.

Also thanks for the awesome rifle. After shooting yesterday I'm just trying to figure out what day is best to call out of work this week to get more trigger time. I think I figured out how to burn all of my remaining PTO this year. Never though 22lr could be this fun.

No worries, I appreciate your enthusiasm and you always have a direct line to me if you need anything.

MB

Had similar issues with my chosen used stock and bottom metal recently. My mag wasn't sitting high enough and I wasn't feeding reliably. Called Vudoo. They offered to either send me an extended mag latch I could try and fit, OR to send me a label and look at my whole rig. I took them up on the mag latch. After some filing, I've got the mag so that it goes all the way up and latches with no vertical play.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
    So I took the entire chassis apart. Pushed the mag catch/trigger guard forward as much as possible and pushed the polymer forend as far back as possible. Didnt really seem to help at all. Thinking I will be needing another chassis or maybe a different mag catch.

So I took the entire chassis apart. Pushed the mag catch/trigger guard forward as much as possible and pushed the polymer forend as far back as possible. Didnt really seem to help at all. Thinking I will be needing another chassis or maybe a different mag catch.

Call Mike @RAVAGE88 and see if he can like facetime you through it.

I am having the same problems with my V22. I ordered it complete with Bravo from Vudoo. Mag latch adjustment has not helped. I have a new mag from Vudoo to try this weekend, i hope is the remedy.

On my end, I just picked up a Xylo chassis a few weeks ago and the mag is very loose with their mag latch that I would get bolt over on the last 1-2 rounds of my poly mag. It hasn't happened at all with the aluminum mag. I ended up having to go to ARC and ask for a slightly taller mag catch which has fixed my issues.

Does the magazine have any vertical play - even an eighth of an inch? If so, try shimming the mag latch with a piece of duct tape just to see if it makes a difference. Vudoo will provide a permanent fix, regardless of problem.

An adjustable mag latch fixed the loose magazine and associated feeding issues with my MPA-chassis'ed V-22.

Does the magazine have any vertical play - even an eighth of an inch? If so, try shimming the mag latch with a piece of duct tape just to see if it makes a difference. Vudoo will provide a permanent fix, regardless of problem.

An adjustable mag latch fixed the loose magazine and associated feeding issues with my MPA-chassis'ed V-22.

Mine does. I will be sending a message to Mike tonight to see what their thoughts are.

I think mine does also, but not available now to check.
    Let me know w

Very odd... @Jefe's Dope run's his Vudoo in a Bravo just fine. @Rods when was your Vudoo built?

I've been following this thread. I wish I could help. I've had very few feeding issues with my Bravo and many mags ordered over several months including both red and black followers and a 12 and 15 round aluminum. I've had a few of the stove top w/ dented case but most of my misfeeds are due to jamming my mag into a bag while on a barrier.

All I can add is mine is tightened down to about 45 inch/lbs. and I put it on the buttstock on a table while holding it vertical to tighten down the rear bolt per the instructions. Actually IIRC the instructions state to tamp the action into place before tightening the rear bolt.

Maybe try loosening the action bolts and moving the action around in the little bit of play available to find the sweet spot with a magazine in place and then tighten it down. It's a .22 you don't need to crank down the action screws unless it works better for feeding.

Three different Bravos. Two in .22 and one in 6.5. One Rem 700 footprint(Vudoo), one Tikka action footprint(TacA1) and one Tikka .22 action footprint. All have worked very well out of the box. There was some feed issues with the Tikka .22 but I'm pretty sure it was a Tikka/ejector spring issue that had zero to do with the chassis/stock as many had similar issues in the factory Tikka stock as well.

The wind calmed down today, so i escaped to the range for a short ammo test session after work.
    I had 2 shells jam on the first or second mag run, then feeding was perfect!
    I hope for more testing this weekend.
    At 100meters CenterX i had 3/4 to 1 1/4" groups, SK std about the same.
    Pitured are shells that jammed.

Attachments

• 20201028_215207.jpg
      20201028_215207.jpg
      90.8 KB · Views: 53
    Number your mags and keep track to make sure it's not a mag issue.

Update on my experience today.
    New mag #3 has fed great. Original mag #2 had no issues today, but has in past sessions.
    Original mag #1 had feeding problems again today.
    Had feeding problems with all if mag was against anything.
    There seems abouut 1/16" vertical play in mags, so i think the extended catch may help. Is fitting required?
    I am really loving this rifle!