• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I had a CZ452 before my V22. First thing was trigger. I have a Timney CE single stage on it, same as my other rifles. Consistency is significantly higher than the CZ. The CZ would randomly have flyers, happened with every ammo I tried. Even with other shooters. Feeding with the CZ was good 95% of the time. I could still get groups with the right ammo, but there was always that flyer that was going to pop up and piss me off. Yeah in a PRS match I still would have most likely made a hit. But I couldn't mag swap that gun worth a crap, so I was significantly handicapped in that respect with the CZ. Along with having to juggle the bolt occasionally to get it to feed. The kids are getting Tikkas for Christmas. I'd love to buy a couple more Vudoos, but not this year. I think the Tikka is slightly ahead of the CZ, the Vudoo just has the additional custom gun refinement.

Yea, I know what you mean. I had similar issues with my CZ and I'll bet a contributor to the fliers is bullet damage while feeding. I know I saw it in my 455.

It was crazy random, didn't always occur with bolt irregularities. I'm thrilled with my Vudoo.
Oh really? Was it rebarreled? I guess I should have mentioned mine was rebarreled by MPA and I think they used match chambers. To be fair I never scientifically correlated anything, but I do know that I dinged ammo in my vudoo and it induced a flier every. Single. Time. But i cant say much more than that.

Vudoos generally I'd say with good ammo and a good shooter, shot about 1/2" at 100. Whereas CZ457/Tikka's, probably around 3/4".

Not really... I love my Vudoo and have shot thousands of rounds this summer including benchrest, nrl22 and sihlouette (prone). Although it is extremely accurate it is an honest .7-.8" gun. I've shot xact, eley eps, Midas + at the benchrest match and my 10 shot groups avg .7-.8" at best.
I would like to see 'general' cz and tikkas do that. Exceptional samples when the stars align, maybe, but not most.
Now,,yes, I see the 6x5s posted and there are a few exceptional guns/shooters that put up great avgs. At our local outdoor benchrest shoot, there is a 'pot' where shooters can participate by throwing in $1. The post is up to $250. Nobody has ever won the pot in many years. This would require 200-20x. X is a 1" circle at 100. 2 targets , 10 shots on each. There are some excellent shooters with decades of experience and some really competitive guns. The Vudoo will hang (200-18x, 200-17x, etc) and has won some matches but the 200-20x is evasive. That's where my standard is measured

Wind is such a factor with .22lr IMO, it's hard to get a real honest comparison of accuracy unless everyone is at the same range and shooting the same conditions with the same lot of ammunition. Bipod, rest, bag, optic, etc. Chasing perfection with a.22lr is a dark deep hole.

I'm new to this bughole game and started shooting a monthly 100/200 bench match against some seasoned vets with tried and true firearms and rest setups in April of last year. The Vudoo allowed me to achieve a top three finish for the season in 2018, currently I believe I'm in 2nd shooting SK Rifle Match against the top competitors shooting Federal Ultra Match, RWS R50, Lapua Midas Plus and Xacta.

The Vudoo platform eliminates many of the numerous .22lr variables, but what I enjoy the most is it feels and functions like a real custom smithed high quality firearm..... not a diminutive compromise like 80+% of the rimfire market.

I've never had any remorse over the cost of my Vudoo and accessories, and it was a major expense on my budget. Dollar for dollar it's been the most enjoyable firearm I've owned since my first firearm purchase in 1974, which was a Ruger 10/22 for $58.98 not on sale. Still have it. ;)

Sleg

Are you shooting with a bipod or front rest? If a rest which one. Hoping to get my Vudoo within the next week as I'm told that stock should be back from painting this week and is already bedded, ready to assemble and test fire

Sleg

Are you shooting with a bipod or front rest? If a rest which one. Hoping to get my Vudoo within the next week as I'm told that stock should be back from painting this week and is already bedded, ready to assemble and test fire
I started with an Atlas V8 bipod with the rolling legs and Caldwell rear bag, replaced the Caldwell with a Protektor #14. A few months ago I bought a Cowan rest and Protektor Deluxe Bumble Bee bag, built a UHMW glide plate for the rifle, then bought a Sinclair Anschutz front bag plate with quick detach picatinny adapter, and recently installed a single shot adapter.

All said and done: The Atlas rolling legs are a pain on the bench and I prefer my Harris bipod over it. Accuracy between two is very close, Atlas wins in range of adjustment. I'm still learning/experimenting with setup and technique using the rest and single shot adapter. It's more enjoyable shooting off the bipod using the magazine. ;)

Reactions: AMTGMC and 10ring1
Talking about the cost of the Vudoo rifles my V22 is one of the least expensive rim fires I have owned over the last 10 or so years.

Go and try to build a custom 22lr repeater that is as accurate and functions a reliable as the Vudoo for the same money. It’s not going to happen. IMO these Vudoo’s are a bargain!!

I can stop the next dozen Vudoo threads in their tracks- NO, the Vudoo is not perfect and yes you can build something better. The problem is you keep running into Vudoo owners who it is perfect for. Best firearm I own. I screw with my centerfires all week- one thing I know when I go to the range- the Vudoo's gonna shoot and I'm going to be smiling!

The top one is the kukri and the bottom one is the MTU? Looks quite heavy i've requested a switch to the kukri profile.
i
For those shooting a Vudoo in an AI AT chassis wgich action torque specs did you use. The Ai recommend 53 in/lbs or Vudoo recommended 65 in/lbs? Or something completely different.
I read somewhere?? that Vudoo recommends 65 unless otherwise specified by stock- chassis maker.

i

I read somewhere?? that Vudoo recommends 65 unless otherwise specified by stock- chassis maker.
That's my understanding. If the manufacturer recommends 52, there's probably an engineering reason behind the spec.

Friends & I found out jbell's right when it comes to building a .22RF repeater that's as good as the V-22 - three of us sent off CMP 40X & XB actions to jelrod to have him do Mike Bush's repeater mod. Even at the quite reasonable prices we paid the CMP for our complete 40X rifles, by the time we'd gotten them re-barreled to be comparable in accuracy with a V-22, then put good triggers, stocks, and scope rails on them, we had more money in them than you'd have in a complete V-22 from VGW. I love my 40XB/Krieger/Manners T4A repeater, and it shoots about as well as either of my hvy bbl'd V-22s - but it'll probably never be made to run as smoothly as the V-22s...at least not by me working on the extractor/pusher parts.

Reactions: AMTGMC and jbell
I can stop the next dozen Vudoo threads in their tracks- NO, the Vudoo is not perfect and yes you can build something better. The problem is you keep running into Vudoo owners who it is perfect for. Best firearm I own. I screw with my centerfires all week- one thing I know when I go to the range- the Vudoo's gonna shoot and I'm going to be smiling!
^^^^THIS^^^^
Love my Vudoo

Nothing I have ever shot in .22 rifles comes close to a Vudoo gun with an Ace barrel, in overall accuracy
PERIOD.
I have had them all. Coopers, Kimbers, a small truckload of Anschutz, CZ's, NS522's, remingtons, Sako's , you name a .22 rifle and I have either owned it or own it. The only one I can think of that I haven't owned is a Bleiker, which are Lilja barrelled at a cost of 10,000.00 or more. I would put my Vudoo up against a Bleiker or any Anschutz, off sand bags, in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

What I am about to show you , many here will call bullshit........especially Kevin1 who has admitted that he stalks me.
I have my own range which I can light up at night. I shoot .22 rimfire and PCP airgun, almost daily. I do this to keep my skills honed in.
I do not own a rest and shoot primarily off cheap sand bags from Cabelas when going for extreme accuracy levels.
My targets are at a lasered 50 yards from the muzzle of the barrel.

My Vudoo hasn't been shot in about a week. I've been playing around with Airguns. So today, from the gun safe to the sand bags this is what a Vudoo gun can do, with 0 warm up fouling shots.
These are 5 shots including the cold bore.
The target bull is approximately 1/8 inch. ( smallest of the Birchwood Casey targets)
I shot the Vudoo only 5 times today. After the 5th shot, I picked the gun up, got up and walked away.......put it back in the safe and then went and plucked the target.

This is the target. It was shot at roughly 6:12 pm today.
So when I see and hear all the bullshit about CZ's and Anschutz and some of these other 22 rifles being as good as Vudoo.......lets see one of em do this.
My gun was crafted by Mike Bush, Paul Parrot and team Vudoo. I have never seen , handled, or fired a better , more inherently accurate .22 rifle.
And let me add this. My gun does this ( or very close to this) with astounding regularity. Not every single time, but with astounding regularity.

5shot1hole2.jpg

This is the gun
v2222.jpg

T.S.

Attachments

• 5shot1hole2.jpg
    5shot1hole2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 47
I started with an Atlas V8 bipod with the rolling legs and Caldwell rear bag, replaced the Caldwell with a Protektor #14. A few months ago I bought a Cowan rest and Protektor Deluxe Bumble Bee bag, built a UHMW glide plate for the rifle, then bought a Sinclair Anschutz front bag plate with quick detach picatinny adapter, and recently installed a single shot adapter.

All said and done: The Atlas rolling legs are a pain on the bench and I prefer my Harris bipod over it. Accuracy between two is very close, Atlas wins in range of adjustment. I'm still learning/experimenting with setup and technique using the rest and single shot adapter. It's more enjoyable shooting off the bipod using the magazine. ;)

You are a little over a year ahead of me. How much better is it shooting off of a mechanical rest? I'm using atlas cal and a rear bag. Even though I shot some good scores I definitely am seeing movement in scope, have to squeeze bag a good bit to get the bottom 2 rows. Just recieved pint sized game changer today and will hopefully get to try it out at tomorrow's shoot. Few guys using joystick rests, Neo I think. One of these may be in my future.
20190917_213847.jpg

Last edited:
You are a little over a year ahead of me. How much better is it shooting off of a mechanical rest? I'm using atlas cal and a rear bag. Even though I shot some good scores I definitely am seeing movement in scope, have to squeeze bag a good bit to get the bottom 2 rows. Just recieved pint sized game changer today and will hopefully get to try it out at tomorrow's shoot. Few guys using joystick rests, Neo I think. One of these may be in my future.
View attachment 7149042
Whether bipod or formal rest it's all about the setup with either. The gun has to track straight under recoil IMO and not be overly influenced by the Indian aiming it and pulling the trigger. I'm pretty confident in saying I could stay in the top 3 in our league shooting off the bipod and possibly win overall IF I do my part very well.

Reading and understanding the wind conditions and timing your shot is the biggest variable reguardless of equipment.

I had to try the formal rest to satisfied my curiosity, though I have yet to fine tune the set up with it. It's more of a PITA to pack and setup vs flip the bipod legs out, put a bag down, and stuff a magazine in the gun.

Our range has somewhat vicious swirling wind conditions the majority of legal shooting times so the real accuracy potential of a rifle and ammunition is somewhat of an unknown. Indoor controlled environment is the only way to really know the true potential of ammo/rifle/shooter/support method. Rimfire is a never ending challenge!

Reactions: AMTGMC and 10ring1
What is the lowest extreme spread (ES) and standard deviation (SD) that Lapua Center-X or SK has produced for you and what do you consider to be acceptable ES and SD?
Best ES/SD out of the five sample lots of SK LR Match was 14/5. Best shooting lot of Center-X I've tested has ES/SD of 36/10. Contrary to LR Match having lower numbers, there's very little difference on target between that ammo and the Center-X, with this lot of Center-X actually shooting a bit better on target, on average, from 50yds on out to over 200yds. The explanation for this seems to be that the ES/SD numbers of the same lot# of LR Match, but out of the full case I bought after testing, are slightly higher - 25/7 - than what I initially tested.
Also of interest is an exceptional lot of SK Std+, which has ES/SD of 17/5, and which shoots very nearly as well as the good lots of either Center-X and LR Match. Chronograph any of this ammo on a different day, with slightly different conditions, and you're likely to see different ES/SD, even though - when I'm shooting well - there's seldom much difference in accuracy at distances from 50-200yds. So as far as I'm concerned, the more shooting I do with good ammo out of good rifles, I'm still seeing things that don't always make sense to me. But - and this is probably key - I don't keep good records when it comes to atmospheric conditions. No excuse for this - there's always a Kestrel 4500NV in the back seat of my truck. On a typical work day, I'm usually in a hurry to get out & get set up to shoot before it gets dark, so don't set up the chronograph all that often - IOW, after finding a good lot of ammo, I tend to reward myself by simply enjoying shooting with it, rather than to keep testing & taking notes.

Reactions: 10ring1 and Sieg
Friends & I found out jbell's right when it comes to building a .22RF repeater that's as good as the V-22 - three of us sent off CMP 40X & XB actions to jelrod to have him do Mike Bush's repeater mod. Even at the quite reasonable prices we paid the CMP for our complete 40X rifles, by the time we'd gotten them re-barreled to be comparable in accuracy with a V-22, then put good triggers, stocks, and scope rails on them, we had more money in them than you'd have in a complete V-22 from VGW. I love my 40XB/Krieger/Manners T4A repeater, and it shoots about as well as either of my hvy bbl'd V-22s - but it'll probably never be made to run as smoothly as the V-22s...at least not by me working on the extractor/pusher parts.

there are just too many high quality complete rifles on the market to make me send out something to be "built" anymore...
vudoo is one of them...absolutely love it

Has anyone bought and posted results for the KRG integrally suppressed vudoo v22?

I have seen the post on IG last year by I would like to know if anyone has finally got one after the form 4 wait and how it shot and how it sounded

Best ES/SD out of the five sample lots of SK LR Match was 14/5. Best shooting lot of Center-X I've tested has ES/SD of 36/10. Contrary to LR Match having lower numbers, there's very little difference on target between that ammo and the Center-X, with this lot of Center-X actually shooting a bit better on target, on average, from 50yds on out to over 200yds. The explanation for this seems to be that the ES/SD numbers of the same lot# of LR Match, but out of the full case I bought after testing, are slightly higher - 25/7 - than what I initially tested.
Also of interest is an exceptional lot of SK Std+, which has ES/SD of 17/5, and which shoots very nearly as well as the good lots of either Center-X and LR Match. Chronograph any of this ammo on a different day, with slightly different conditions, and you're likely to see different ES/SD, even though - when I'm shooting well - there's seldom much difference in accuracy at distances from 50-200yds. So as far as I'm concerned, the more shooting I do with good ammo out of good rifles, I'm still seeing things that don't always make sense to me. But - and this is probably key - I don't keep good records when it comes to atmospheric conditions. No excuse for this - there's always a Kestrel 4500NV in the back seat of my truck. On a typical work day, I'm usually in a hurry to get out & get set up to shoot before it gets dark, so don't set up the chronograph all that often - IOW, after finding a good lot of ammo, I tend to reward myself by simply enjoying shooting with it, rather than to keep testing & taking notes.
Thank you for your response. Now I have a benchmark for my testing and some idea of what to realistically expect. I did not want to be chasing the impossible dream! I have not tested any of the SK LR Match, but i have some test lots of it on the way from Cathy.

there are just too many high quality complete rifles on the market to make me send out something to be "built" anymore...
vudoo is one of them...absolutely love it
You have a point, but when we converted our 40Xs to repeaters to use Mike Bush's 10rd mags, the V-22 wasn't yet available. And we all three had multiple 40X or XB rifles from the CMP that weren't being used for anything else, so...we all three wound up with really excellent rifles, albeit with considerable investment to reach that point.

Reactions: brianf and Sieg
When I was much younger I actively competed in three position small bore shooting, as such I was fortunate to have fired many fine .22 rimfire rifles from BSA, Rem,ington, Winchester and Anshutz. I have over the last several years put many rounds down range from my Volquarsten bull barrel 10-22 and was happy with the results until today. I shot my Vudoo for the first time testing various brands of .22 match and WOW what a gun. As with any rifle different barrels like different ammo but there were no bad groups through this ne barrel and in windy conditions at 100 yds.

The gun has the Vudoo barreled action, a Jewel trigger, McMillian A-10 stock (painted red, white and blue naturally) and a Nightforce scope
The rifle looks a lot better than my poor photo

Vudoo makes a great action and Hill Country Rifles did an outstanding job of bedding it in the McMillian stock their test group at 100 yds in a climate controlled range was .26 .... gives me something to work towards

That is an Act Tac bipod which Im very happy with

Attachments

• IMG_2089.jpg
    IMG_2089.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 195
When I was much younger I actively competed in three position small bore shooting, as such I was fortunate to have fired many fine .22 rimfire rifles from BSA, Rem,ington, Winchester and Anshutz. I have over the last several years put many rounds down range from my Volquarsten bull barrel 10-22 and was happy with the results until today. I shot my Vudoo for the first time testing various brands of .22 match and WOW what a gun. As with any rifle different barrels like different ammo but there were no bad groups through this ne barrel and in windy conditions at 100 yds.

The gun has the Vudoo barreled action, a Jewel trigger, McMillian A-10 stock (painted red, white and blue naturally) and a Nightforce scope
The rifle looks a lot better than my poor photo

Vudoo makes a great action and Hill Country Rifles did an outstanding job of bedding it in the McMillian stock their test group at 100 yds in a climate controlled range was .26 .... gives me something to work towards

That is an Act Tac bipod which Im very happy with
Nice toy..ill be gettihg my a10 soon for my vuddo aswell with pillars installed.do you think bedding is a must???

Im certainly not a bedding expert by any means. That said I think miller bedding is critical to a center fire shooting great and it certainly aids a rimfire. I cannot say enough good words for the expertise at Hill Country Rifles. They built me a 6mm Creedmoor in a McMillian A5 that whose test target was .35 with factory Hornady match and re stocked and bedded my Remington 40X 22-250 that I have had for over 30 years in a McMillion A 5 with a test group of .31 all these were at 100yds in their test range. Bottom line is proper bedding means something to me and the results prove it

Nothing I have ever shot in .22 rifles comes close to a Vudoo gun with an Ace barrel, in overall accuracy
PERIOD.
I have had them all. Coopers, Kimbers, a small truckload of Anschutz, CZ's, NS522's, remingtons, Sako's , you name a .22 rifle and I have either owned it or own it. The only one I can think of that I haven't owned is a Bleiker, which are Lilja barrelled at a cost of 10,000.00 or more. I would put my Vudoo up against a Bleiker or any Anschutz, off sand bags, in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

What I am about to show you , many here will call bullshit........especially Kevin1 who has admitted that he stalks me.
I have my own range which I can light up at night. I shoot .22 rimfire and PCP airgun, almost daily. I do this to keep my skills honed in.
I do not own a rest and shoot primarily off cheap sand bags from Cabelas when going for extreme accuracy levels.
My targets are at a lasered 50 yards from the muzzle of the barrel.

My Vudoo hasn't been shot in about a week. I've been playing around with Airguns. So today, from the gun safe to the sand bags this is what a Vudoo gun can do, with 0 warm up fouling shots.
These are 5 shots including the cold bore.
The target bull is approximately 1/8 inch. ( smallest of the Birchwood Casey targets)
I shot the Vudoo only 5 times today. After the 5th shot, I picked the gun up, got up and walked away.......put it back in the safe and then went and plucked the target.

This is the target. It was shot at roughly 6:12 pm today.
So when I see and hear all the bullshit about CZ's and Anschutz and some of these other 22 rifles being as good as Vudoo.......lets see one of em do this.
My gun was crafted by Mike Bush, Paul Parrot and team Vudoo. I have never seen , handled, or fired a better , more inherently accurate .22 rifle.
And let me add this. My gun does this ( or very close to this) with astounding regularity. Not every single time, but with astounding regularity.

View attachment 7148976
This is the gun
View attachment 7148984

T.S.

That is a nice group for sure, but what I want to know is how in hell did you keep the cup from moving?

Im certainly not a bedding expert by any means. That said I think miller bedding is critical to a center fire shooting great and it certainly aids a rimfire. I cannot say enough good words for the expertise at Hill Country Rifles. They built me a 6mm Creedmoor in a McMillian A5 that whose test target was .35 with factory Hornady match and re stocked and bedded my Remington 40X 22-250 that I have had for over 30 years in a McMillion A 5 with a test group of .31 all these were at 100yds in their test range. Bottom line is proper bedding means something to me and the results prove it
Some months ago, when asked if I thought bedding a V-22 in a Manners or McMillan stock was necessary for best accuracy, I was more or less ambivalent in my reply, based on experience shooting my 1st V-22 in a Manners Elite T4A. However, after bedding that same bbl'd action in the same stock, plus bedding it again in a Manners PRS1 a few months later, and then bedding my 2nd V-22 in another PRS1 after shooting it first w/o bedding, I've changed my tune. While experience based on two rifles doesn't make for much of a scientific sample size, I'm convinced that a good pillar bedding job does help bring out the potential accuracy of these two rifles.

However, I've still got a jelrod-converted 40XB/Krieger repeater in a Manners T4A mini chassis stock that I've never skim bedded, and likely never will. It shoots just as well as the two V-22s in their bedded stocks when torqued to Manners' recommended value, which - IIRC - is 65 in/lbs. I originally finished this rifle with a 26" Lilja titebore in sendero contour, and once in awhile, I'll swap bbls on it out of curiosity. That Lilja has shot some of the best groups and strings on novelty targets that I've ever shot. The reason I've always gone back to the 22" Krieger I did for it is because a 26" bbl w/Spectre II can mounted is a heavy & awkward rifle to shoot in a match, and because it just doesn't seem to be as consistent as the Krieger is.

That is a nice group for sure, but what I want to know is how in hell did you keep the cup from moving?

There is a natural phenomenon known as Gravity. It comes from the Latin word, " grativas" meaning weight.
This allows one to use things like paper weights to hold down things like, you guessed it.....paper.
It is a natural phenomenon by which all things with mass or energy—including planets, stars, galaxies, and even light—are brought toward (or gravitate toward) one another. So we can conclude that by placing enough weight on the cup in question, and firing a small projectile traveling at roughly 700 miles per hour.......that the projectile will pierce the Styrofoam cup, without moving the Styrofoam cup.

That is what I could have done to keep the cup from moving. But that is not what I did.

This is what I did.
I had one of the clowns from the Barnum & Bailey Circus come over and hold it down with a bowling pin, that they usually use for juggling, to make sure it didn't move. He was wearing a bullet proof vest, but I was disappointed , not because I didn't hit him, but because he forgot his big red nose at home.

You see , Jbell, you can fool some of the people some of the time, and that should be good enough.

T.S.

• Haha
Reactions: Frankr and BillOH
There is a natural phenomenon known as Gravity. It comes from the Latin word, " grativas" meaning weight.
This allows one to use things like paper weights to hold down things like, you guessed it.....paper.
It is a natural phenomenon by which all things with mass or energy—including planets, stars, galaxies, and even light—are brought toward (or gravitate toward) one another. So we can conclude that by placing enough weight on the cup in question, and firing a small projectile traveling at roughly 700 miles per hour.......that the projectile will pierce the Styrofoam cup, without moving the Styrofoam cup.

That is what I could have done to keep the cup from moving. But that is not what I did.

This is what I did.
I had one of the clowns from the Barnum & Bailey Circus come over and hold it down with a bowling pin, that they usually use for juggling, to make sure it didn't move. He was wearing a bullet proof vest, but I was disappointed , not because I didn't hit him, but because he forgot his big red nose at home.

You see , Jbell, you can fool some of the people some of the time, and that should be good enough.

T.S.

Well played sir...

I retired June 1st. The Mrs. said, you should treat yourself to a new gun to celebrate. She asked, isn’t there anything you want to buy? I will just say, if Voodoo comes out with a handgun that would be a competitor of the S&W Model 41 I am in deep trouble. I can see the purchase of one of their long guns but to buy two at once! This site has already cost me thousands of dollars as it is.
Their gun case with matching long gun & a hand gun would be a really nice retirement package.

Maxwell

I used to shoot Olympic air rifles so she has some high standards to meet. Not to be confused with shooting in the Olympics.
Air rifles were only cheaper than .22 in terms of ammo. Ultimately, it came down to shooting enjoyment. It surprises me that the .22 ammo varies so much in cost and in performance. The only way I could justify buying this 45-70 was if I got a .22lr liner for her.
Had I know about a Vudoo, I likely would have passed on the big bore. Don't get me wrong.... I really like the 45-70 but it does tie up a bunch of cash. and then I had to buy a scope and have it mounted.

Attachments

• 8F379FB9-E899-4EC7-9870-B2D4AE5AD64A.jpeg
    8F379FB9-E899-4EC7-9870-B2D4AE5AD64A.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 125
Throwing my build in the V-22 thread.

Build write-up - https://www.ocabj.net/precision-rifle-project-series-vudoo-gun-works-v-22/

Component list:

• Vudoo Gun Works V-22 barreled action, Bartlein 20" MTU contour (30 MOA base) in FDE
  • TriggerTech Diamond Pro Curved
  • Masterpiece Arms BA Competition Chassis
  • American Rifle Company M10 34mm, 28mm height scope rings
  • KAHLES K525i 5-25x56mm LSW SKMR3

Not many rounds down the pipe, yet. Unfortunately, barreled action was received and built during a vacation blackout at work so I'm still breaking it in. Center-X seems to shoot better than SK, though.

No feed issues with the V-22 in the MPA BA Comp chassis (latest revision).

(Not me in those photos, btw).

Throwing my build in the V-22 thread.

Build write-up - https://www.ocabj.net/precision-rifle-project-series-vudoo-gun-works-v-22/

Component list:

• Vudoo Gun Works V-22 barreled action, Bartlein 20" MTU contour (30 MOA base) in FDE
  • TriggerTech Diamond Pro Curved
  • Masterpiece Arms BA Competition Chassis
  • American Rifle Company M10 34mm, 28mm height scope rings
  • KAHLES K525i 5-25x56mm LSW SKMR3

Not many rounds down the pipe, yet. Unfortunately, barreled action was received and built during a vacation blackout at work so I'm still breaking it in. Center-X seems to shoot better than SK, though.

No feed issues with the V-22 in the MPA BA Comp chassis (latest revision).

(Not me in those photos, btw).
Great write up Jonathan. Huge fan of your vids. I commented on your recent video if the V22 about the new Lapua test center in Ohio. Small world. You will never, ever regret buying this rifle. I picked mine up in the spring of 2019. I have shot and enjoyed it more than any gun I've ever owned. Shot a good many nrl22 matches this summer and thoroughly enjoy them. My son like mine so much h bought his own. A few are popping up locally at matches now that others see what the Vudoo is capable of. These guns are incredible and customer service with the company is second to none. Mine is basically the same as yours (without the kahles) but it sits in a Gray or Ridgeback. Incredibly accurate with center x and a shade better with Midas. Can't get enough of this gun. If I could shoot one off of each shoulder I would have 2. Welcome to the vudoo club

Reactions: tlsmith22 and ocabj
The Vudoo like every other match .22LR I have shot is very picky about ammo. I've taken mine to the range twice now and tested several brands of quality ammo in it at 100yds. The ammo includes Center X, Wolf Match, Eley, SR long range and SK match.
Both days I had a quartering tailwind od 8-12 plus knots.

Both days the tightest groups were with SK long range followed by SK match and then Center x and Eley ( this two were about equal and their groups were somewhat larger than those made by the two SK bullets). Wolf match had the most dispersion but I expected that as it does not have the initial velocity of the others. Of note in my Volquartsen bull barrel the wolf make incredibly tight groups at 50 yards . I want to do some more testing but so far SK long range and closely behind SK match are the winners

Shot my Vudoo again this morning. Played around with SK standard plus and Wolf ME again. I am blown away every time I shoot this rifle. I cant shoot this damn good, its the rifle! Mine still loves the Wolf the most. You won’t have any buyers remorse from a Vudoo purchase.

1616097D-2CB7-4A87-A812-9BA9F47AB84B.png

Got me a new squirrel gun! Wanted to keep the weight down so I went with the new Manners MCS-UC. The stock weighed in at 17.0oz. Scope is a March 2.5-25x42 with seekins rings and bottom metal is Hawkins. Could have made it lighter but I stuck with the 18" Specter barrel. Total weight as seen is 7lbs 15oz. Not too bad! I think a sub 7lb gun is possible with the right scope and barrel combo.
pic 1.jpg
pic 2.jpg

Got me a new squirrel gun!

Yes you did! First of all, it looks great. Secondly, I think you ended up with the perfect weight. Eight is enough to steady a rifle and is a weight that most can carry without fatigue. If it balances well for you, you hit the jackpot.

Looking forward to seeing a 6X5.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone that contributed to this thread. I've been tempted to order a V22 for quite a while now. Started on page 1 and finished reading it last night. This afternoon I called Mile High and a 20" kukri barreled action should be on its way tommorow!

On a side note, I ordered a TT special through them and a TT diamond through someone else.

I was hoping to run a special on it since all my centerfires share it. Reading through here though, it seema there are issues for some reason. Are there as many problems running a special as it seems or are these problems blown out of proportion?

Edit: missing words

Reactions: RAVAGE88 and ocabj
Moved the Vudoo from the Ridgeback Stock to the AX chassis to mirror my AX. This thing is a tack driver and tons of fun to shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_5199[204].jpg
    IMG_5199[204].jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: Mark Watson