• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo owners, what scope you go with and why?

I'm looking for high magnification for my V22. I "think" I'm down to NF 7-35, Trijicon 5-50x56, or Vortex Golden Eagle. Not seeing much love here or elsewhere for the Vortex and I've never used a Trijicon scope. Recommendations?

I'm looking for high magnification for my V22. I "think" I'm down to NF 7-35, Trijicon 5-50x56, or Vortex Golden Eagle. Not seeing much love here or elsewhere for the Vortex and I've never used a Trijicon scope. Recommendations?

The scopes are a mix of FFP and SFP. You need to figure what you want first and go from there. The Golden Eagle is a SFP scope made for F Class/BR style shooting. Very good for that. I have one and put it on my Vudoo for 50-150 yard silhouette style steel where I need to be in tight. For PRS style matches i use a FFP Razor II. right tool for the job.

I have the Crow. I like my Weaver Grand Slam 4-14x42. Mine is for hunting and plinking. I like compact scopes. Very nice , clear glass. EBX reticle.

They are all SFP. The biggest functional difference between them is that the Golden Eagle isn't illuminated

They are all SFP. The biggest functional difference between them is that the Golden Eagle isn't illuminated

Didn't realize NF made a sfp 7-35. Sorry. All are good optics. You will have to look at a few factors. The power you need, total elevation needed, click value, reticle and if illumination is needed.

How much power do you see yourself using? You said you wanted a high power so if you wanted 50-60x then the NF is out. That said 35x is a good amount of power. I only use more in the steel silhouette shooting to get a more exact aiming point and that shooting is only to 150 yards.

Total elevation is important in a .22 scope depending on how far you plan to shoot. The NF and Trijicon both have 100 MOA of travel but the Golden Eagle only has 55 MOA total. If going 200+ yards then more is better.

The values used for elevation and wind age as the Golden Eagle and Trijicon are 1/8 moa. The NF is 1/4 MOA or .1 mil. Depends on how precise you need to be. For BR the finer would be better. For PRS style any would work.

Reticles. If using it for more of a BR style then the reticle isn't as important as it's more for an aiming point than for holds. Seeing as you want SFP I am assuming you won't be using reticle holds a lot so something to think about in the reticle style.

And lastly illumination. If shooting BR style then not really needed but if using for hunting or even some PRS style it's nice to have at times.

"Total elevation is important in a .22 scope depending on how far you plan to shoot. The NF and Trijicon both have 100 MOA of travel but the Golden Eagle only has 55 MOA total. "

This matters. Thanks for pointing it out.

Reactions: Rob01
For my Vudoo I purchased a Swaro Z8i 3.5-28x50 with BRX1 reticle. Two reasons. Currently all my shooting is standing offhand. 3.5x is good for offhand shooting while 28x possibly for future endeavors. I wanted a total weight of 12.5 lbs. The rifle, scope plus mount and a sling weigh 12.6 lbs.

I originally was gong to put a PST GenII on mine. Ended up trying out the DiamondBack Tactical on my Vudoo and see no reason to switch. Why put a $1000+ piece of glass when the $300 works fine. I shoot NRL22 and currently no further out than 200 yards. I'm just as competitive with the top guys. I'm happy. My 2 cents.

Reactions: Heffo
I originally was gong to put a PST GenII on mine. Ended up trying out the DiamondBack Tactical on my Vudoo and see no reason to switch. Why put a $1000+ piece of glass when the $300 works fine. I shoot NRL22 and currently no further out than 200 yards. I'm just as competitive with the top guys. I'm happy. My 2 cents.

Glass quality is a big thing for me. I have the Ares BTR for $400, and then the Ares ETR for $1000. After using the ETR, going back to my BTR it's a significant difference. I am eager to get off that BTR rifle and get back onto my ETR.

Also over cast/shaded targets / lower light, you might see a significant difference in image quality.

Reactions: themightytimmah
7-35 Nightforce SFP with MOAR-T reticle. Awesome glass with a fine reticle for tiny targets. Plenty of elevation for distance.

7-35 Nightforce SFP with MOAR-T reticle. Awesome glass with a fine reticle for tiny targets. Plenty of elevation for distance.
I have 2 of the ATACRs with that reticle, IMHO is the best reticle for shooting tiny groups. Awesome glass for a Vudoo!

NF 7-35 MIL-XT

I expect that it'll end up on a big gun at some point, and replaced on my Vudoo by a NX8 MIL-XT.

S&B 3-20 Ultra Short is what will be going on mine. I have run a couple other options including the razor and NF but the Ultra Short will be the perfect balance for this rifle and my uses.

I have a 5-20 Ultra Short on a 16” 6.5x47 that I did run on my .22 for a while. I have been extremely impressed with its performance in every regard over other options. The 3-20 may not be the perfect tool for some applications but for a well rounded rimfire that is capable of doing anything well; I believe it is worth looking at.

I went with the Kahles K525i SKMR3 LSW. The main reason is because I wanted to try a Kahles. I have noticed some chromatic aberration in a certain condition (white painted steel targets in early morning direct sunlight) and the lack of knurling or texture on the parallax ring can be an issue.

But overall I like the scope.

Got my NF 7-35 with MOAR-T today (thanks to Doug at Camera Land). Optical clarity is amazing and this reticle works for me; uncluttered with enough info to work at all the distances I shoot.

Reactions: Cuzz
I have a Nightforce 7-35 F2 MOAR-T on my Vudoo and really like it a lot. I've be using this rig for rimfire F-class and it does a fine job.

Reactions: tlsmith22
Athlon Ares BTR here. I like the reticle, and the glass is clear enough, but the eye box is nowhere near as forgiving as my Razor gen II.

I am still looking for the perfect scope for my Vudoo. Started with NXS 5.5-22 and it wouldn’t focus down below 50. Picked up a PST Gen II EBR-4 reticle and I haven’t loved it yet, but no real complaints. I want one that focuses 25 or below(maybe 32 like the RZR) and has a fine reticle to shoot groups. Honestly I don’t care how much it costs at this point. I am a NF guy and may just get an ATACR 7-35 but want to hear differing opinions on what you guys like. The RZR, AMG, Kahles, and Burris XTR iii are all in the running. Her is how my Vudoo started with NF glass.

View attachment 7156791

I just did same thing. Tried a NX8 but didn't love it. lost time and money and now I'm going for a ATACR 7-35

Yep mine

Yep mines Ace. Im an air gunner also. I got a 4th place at the 30 yd one year and 100 next year at AOA’s extreme benchrest about 3 years ago fx guns

Lol, we own FX rifles. Looking at the .35 cal these days

I too used to compete In air rifle. One thing that means is, I must have crystal clear focus below 10 yards. I have an ARES and CRONUS
and they are OK. But what I really like is the Trijcon 5x50. I got mine from B&H camera and they offer a 30 day test drive
Great glass, reticle. Also wonderful tool less zero.

Attachments

• VUDOO V22.JPG
    VUDOO V22.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Ordered this before they were even released to public. Took 9 months to get it but well worth it!!
Athlon Optics Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 Riflescope

opplanet-athlon-optics-4-5-30x50-riflescope-direct-dial-side-focus-34mm-aplr2-ffp-ir-moa-retic...jpg

Reactions: littlepod
I have settled on a Kahles 624i on my vudoo as this gives me the fov and crisp focus with the floating dot and has enough in it to dial to 400 yards

20200419_183125.jpg
20200419_183104.jpg

Depends on the task yer doing.

I like my Sightron 45 x in my V-22 for nighttime F-class matches.

When my S-22 comes,that's going on it, for F-class smallbore, and I'll get a Nightforce (or something) with a ranging / BDC type reticle to shoot steel plates.

Yes. But picking up some 1’s and 2’s to have as well.

One day I'd love to get behind a ZCO... right now my optic budget is $1600-2000 a scope. Which I'm trying out the Tract 4.5-30 and I think I'll try out the Delta Stryker 4.5-30.

If I increase it to $2500, I might be able to land a NF 7-35. But definitely still way below the ZCO pricing.

S&B 5-45 on one and 5-25 on the other.

I mainly went with the 5-45 to help spot hits/misses at longer ranges.

If I just burned ammo at 50 yards in paper, both those would be overkill. Maybe. My F-Class 40X Elrod repeater wears a S&B 12-50 with 1/8 minute clicks.

A9799F2B-EA5C-4A00-B9E3-FCC568DC93F3_1_201_a.jpeg
64D2290C-BC96-4A18-A801-EC2F01378FC8_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Recently had the chance to test a vortex strike eagle.
Thought the glass was close to a pst 2 and the reticle looked decent.
A close parallax and if the tracking proves to be solid this one should be a
great choice in that price range.
I run a couple of Minox but the 35-40 minimum parallax isn't ideal.
If you get a chance check them out.

R

Ran a s&b 5-25 on my vudoo since I got it and just upgraded to a ZCO 5-27 mpct 2 reticle. It’s my first floating dot tree reticle and I couldn’t be happier with it. Like Dthomas said, if you’re gonna own the best 22lr, you may as well own the best glass for it.

Ran a s&b 5-25 on my vudoo since I got it and just upgraded to a ZCO 5-27 mpct 2 reticle. It’s my first floating dot tree reticle and I couldn’t be happier with it. Like Dthomas said, if you’re gonna own the best 22lr, you may as well own the best glass for it.

Are you good at 25 yards with the ZCO 5-27 (parallax)? I'm also considering getting a ZCO for my Vudoo (currently running K525i SKMR3) for the 35MIL elevation.

Reactions: Krob95
Are you good at 25 yards with the ZCO 5-27 (parallax)? I'm also considering getting a ZCO for my Vudoo (currently running K525i SKMR3) for the 35MIL elevation.

yessir it parallaxed down to 25 yds no problem at all. Make sure you get a mount with cant in it if you plan on making the most out of the elevation travel. I just have a 20moa base but I think I’m gonna go up to a 40moa base at some point as I only have 18mil total elevation after setting the zero stop.

yessir it parallaxed down to 25 yds no problem at all. Make sure you get a mount with cant in it if you plan on making the most out of the elevation travel. I just have a 20moa base but I think I’m gonna go up to a 40moa base at some point as I only have 18mil total elevation after setting the zero stop.

I had a 30MOA base with my K525i initially and it was fine until I finally took it to 400 yards. It stopped around 20.7 MIL and I needed a hair more for 400. So I swapped out for a 60MOA which gets me to 500 easily without having to hold above target. But I literally have to bottom the turret for a 25/50 yard zero (-0.4MIL).

Thus, I started looking at the ZCO for that 35MIL adjustment (vs 29MIL in the K525i).

Reactions: Krob95
I'm using Meopta Optika6 5-30x56 mrad and so far very happy with it, especially in $700 price range.
Now if I were looking in the ZCO, TT and SB price range the new March 5-42×56 HM looks like it checks a lot of boxes, 40Mils of elevation and 10yd Parallax.

My Vudoo wears an NF NX8 4-32
My CZ wears a Strike Eagle 5-25
My Rim-X will wear a Burris XTR III

I really like a reticle (MIL) with .2 MIL hash marks like with the NF MIL-C, Burris SCR2, and others. The Vortex EBR-7 does not have them.

My V-22 is topped with a NF ATACR 7-35 MIL-XT

I have the exact same scope on mine ATACR 7-35x56mm F1 Mil-XT (C613). For me it was important to have that level of magnification for shooting dime sized targets at 50 yds.

I have the exact same scope on mine ATACR 7-35x56mm F1 Mil-XT (C613). For me it was important to have that level of magnification for shooting dime sized targets at 50 yds.

Yeah it is awesome, I thought about going a little cheaper, but glad I bought once...

I love “Hubble” way to see the distance or the detail.... Vortex Golden Eagle or Nightforce comp 42x for lite way to see far.

In regard to the IOR optics. I have a couple of these instruments. One needed some repair a couple of years ago. It took 1 1/2 years, Yes 1 1/2 years to have it returned. When I received it again it had only been partially repaired.

During the time it was gone I tried to call the person in Western Colorado to check on the reason it had not been returned. The only thing I ever received was a unanswered phone on the other end. I finally just gave up.

When it comes to an IOR optic you could not give me one for free. I would just take it and throw it in the trash. Should I have any issues with the ones I presently own they are going straight into the garbage can were they belong.