• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Ravage ordered other questions to ponder while waiting.

Defender32

Whiskey & Hammers Help
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 28, 2020
    West KY
    V-22 Ravage with Ridgeback stock 20" Ace Kukri Barrel, 40 MOA Rail, NF NX8 4-32 Mil-XT with American Rifle Company Low rings.

What scope caps should I use? Butler Creek or another brand?

Should I have them sent it to Lapua for lot testing or just shoot the SK Rifle match I have. ( Currently shooting in the B14R )

I have Sawtooth Rifles ARCA Rail in the safe waiting. What Barricade Stop should I get?

Bipod is now Atlas with Area 419 Setup. ( Using on B14R )

Anything else I'm missing????

If they send it to Lapua I believe it would have to be returned to them, not you, but worth asking for sure

If they send it to Lapua I believe it would have to be returned to them, not you, but worth asking for sure
    I figured it would have to ship back to them before it could come to me. Typical cost less than $200 for testing and all shipping you think? I work for the FFL-SOT so getting the ammo order shipped to me isn't a problem after testing!!!

Lupua recommends running 200 rounds through the barrel before sending them your rifle. The NX8 comes with NF caps.

Reactions: Defender32
    Lupua recommends running 200 rounds through the barrel before sending them your rifle. The NX8 comes with NF caps.
    Thanks. I wasn't aware of that recommendation. I also couldn't find that caps shipped with the scope. Vudoo is taking care of all that with the rifle purchase. This is my FIRST Custom rifle order. I'm busting lots of Cherries on this one!!!!

My Vudoo shoots the SK red box stuff and center X really nice.I know how hard it is to find 22 rf right now but try different ammo in it to see what works best.

Actually if you check out the Lapua web site they recommend 1000 rounds before lot testing.

Good lucky with the cherries to come.
    I did just read it and it did state
    • If you have a new rifle/barrel, we request 200 rounds through the barrel before sending it in for testing. Accuracy may change if break in period is not complete. Please consult manufacturer for any questions/concerns regarding break in.

My Vudoo shoots the SK red box stuff and center X really nice.I know how hard it is to find 22 rf right now but try different ammo in it to see what works best.
    Yea. my Bergara likes it as well. I think I have 4K Red, 2K Yellow & 1K Grey. Then I have 5K+ CCI Standard & Tactical. I have notifications setup for multiple sites for in stock notifications and guys I shoot with looking as well for case purchases.

If you're chasing Bugholes, consider the Lapua route.
    But if you're thinking of shooting NRL22, positional matches, etc, and it sounds like that's your plan from your described setup, I would just start shooting matches, as then you will learn first hand what you like and need to experiment with for equipment, before throwing money at gear.
    Some of us have ADHD real bad and constantly swap shit around, guilty here, but the more you compete, the better you'll know what set-up works best for you.

If you're chasing Bugholes, consider the Lapua route.
    But if you're thinking of shooting NRL22, positional matches, etc, and it sounds like that's your plan from your described setup, I would just start shooting matches, as then you will learn first hand what you like and need to experiment with for equipment, before throwing money at gear.
    Some of us have ADHD real bad and constantly swap shit around, guilty here, but the more you compete, the better you'll know what set-up works best for you.
    Yes NRL22 is my game. I have fallen down that Rabbit Hole. I have all the gear now I run with my Bergara. I may look into the Lapua thing towards the end of the year after enough matches are run with the V22 on what ammo I have. I plan to keep the Bergara for a loaner so ill continue to buy what it likes as I see it.

Reactions: StrayDog
    They recommend 1000 rounds
    Buy a sample pack from Goods shooting. You won’t be disappointed

The NF comes w/ its own caps and they are great.

I would have it shipped to you, run 500+ rounds through it and then send it to Lapua. I'd make the appt. w/ Lapua the day the rifle arrives. There's two reasons for sending it to Lapua. 1. To find the best lot number. 2. To have access to a large amount of .22 ammo at a decent price. More important now than ever IMO. You can play with other ammo while having all that Lapua on hand and to use as a baseline.

Thanks.

I am in West KY and planning to do the East Facility in Ohio and make a 4 day weekend of it. I have plenty of CCI to run through it to get the barrel done as well as good SK to shoot for NRL22 Matches.

Wrt chassis vs stocks: Personal preference. I like chassis mainly for adjustability. I have two rifles in MPA BA Comp chassis and my newest is in an MDT ACC. Six of one and half dozen of another in terms of pros and cons. Both are awesome. I do have a preference for MDT as a company because I've made a lot of purchases from them and their customer service is amazing - only Vudoo does as well. That is not to imply MPA isn't great as well - honestly I don't know. I got one of the MPA chassis as part of a used-rifle purchase from a friend of mine and the other came from Vudoo as part of my Apparition build. So I've had no direct interaction with MPA.

Wrt testing at Lapua: I also considered driving to the Ohio facility. Glad I didn't - it was much cheaper and more convenient to ship it to the AZ facility via my LGS - that experience is described here.

You are likely to find that running a Vudoo bolt with CCI SV requires quite a bit of effort. If you search the Vudoo V22 thread for CCI SV, you'll find quite a bit about it. Bottom line is it's decent ammo for the price but you can just expect to romp the bolt pretty hard to cycle it, and no, it isn't going to hurt the rifle. I find it's suitably accurate for positional practice out to 100 yards but I don't mess with it for anything "serious." I have my tested lot of Lapua Center-X for that.

Enjoy the new rifle!

Send it to Lapua, couple of our Voodoo shooters have and when they're on their hard to beat.
    Our you can do what small bore prone shooters have done for years get test lots shoot a ton of ten shot groups and order a case or two. My 52C does not like Lapua, after testing 8 lots, 100 rounds per lot, 10 ten shot groups at $16/$23 dollars a box I found a great lot of RWS R50. $1630.00 delivered, plus $400 in test ammo, Lapua Test center is a deal on time and money. Yeah I have more money in ammo than I paid for the rifle:)

Last edited:
    Wrt chassis vs stocks: Personal preference. I like chassis mainly for adjustability. I have two rifles in MPA BA Comp chassis and my newest is in an MDT ACC. Six of one and half dozen of another in terms of pros and cons. Both are awesome. I do have a preference for MDT as a company because I've made a lot of purchases from them and their customer service is amazing - only Vudoo does as well. That is not to imply MPA isn't great as well - honestly I don't know. I got one of the MPA chassis as part of a used-rifle purchase from a friend of mine and the other came from Vudoo as part of my Apparition build. So I've had no direct interaction with MPA.

Wrt testing at Lapua: I also considered driving to the Ohio facility. Glad I didn't - it was much cheaper and more convenient to ship it to the AZ facility via my LGS - that experience is described here.

You are likely to find that running a Vudoo bolt with CCI SV requires quite a bit of effort. If you search the Vudoo V22 thread for CCI SV, you'll find quite a bit about it. Bottom line is it's decent ammo for the price but you can just expect to romp the bolt pretty hard to cycle it, and no, it isn't going to hurt the rifle. I find it's suitably accurate for positional practice out to 100 yards but I don't mess with it for anything "serious." I have my tested lot of Lapua Center-X for that.

Enjoy the new rifle!
    Thanks for the info.
    The CCI will only be for positional shooting at 100 max. I have a bunch of it and that is all it used for. Just helps me save on the priceless Match ammo I have as I never thought I’d need it 5-10 years ago when I started buying the CCI for suppressed shooting in pistol and 10/22.

I know I’d spend more driving to the facility for testing, but it’s just the experience and a weekend away from my shop. Mental breaks are worth the money spent some times. I will read your experience.

Reactions: DownhillFromHere
    V-22 Ravage with Ridgeback stock 20" Ace Kukri Barrel, 40 MOA Rail, NF NX8 4-32 Mil-XT with American Rifle Company Low rings.

Should I have them sent it to Lapua for lot testing or just shoot the SK Rifle match I have. ( Currently shooting in the B14R )

I have Sawtooth Rifles ARCA Rail in the safe waiting. What Barricade Stop should I get?

Will the 40 rail work with a 50 yard zero on the NX8? Thinking about buying one for my Vudoo that will be here next week.

I have this exact scope on my Vudoo. It comes with nice scope caps.

Will the 40 rail work with a 50 yard zero on the NX8? Thinking about buying one for my Vudoo that will be here next week.
    I was told by Vudoo it would. This is why I upped from 30 to 40 MOA. They are taking care of scope & rings for me as well.

Reactions: Lastsaint21
    Current configuration of my Vudoo.

Attachments

• D2C8D610-D501-4EEB-BF97-C872E6A51EC3.jpeg
      D2C8D610-D501-4EEB-BF97-C872E6A51EC3.jpeg
      540.6 KB · Views: 71
    Current configuration of my Vudoo.
    Good looking rifle. I was thinking about having the cerakote my rings to go with the base and BA as well. I went Sniper grey BA and Grey w/ black webbing on the stock.

They recommend 1000 rounds
    Buy a sample pack from Goods shooting. You won’t be disappointed
    Yea and right now it is delivered by a midget stripper. I buy all my ammo from them. Just ordered some friday. It will be a long time before you see sample packs. As of Friday they didnt know when the next shipment would arrive.

Reactions: RandomWAguy
    Thanks for the update,Just trying to help the OP out

My Vudoo really likes standard velocity CCI for practice. It shoots almost as good as Center X and nothing shoots as good in mine as the old Wolf ammo i have had for 10 years. You will love your Vudoo though!

@ccollier
    Which bolt knob?
    5 round plastic mag?
    Beauty.
    I ordered the bolt knob from PTG.

It is a 5 round plastic mag. I just cut down several of the 10 rounders. I used JB weld to glue them back together. I've been shooting the 5 rounders I made for over 2 years now and I've never had a single hiccup.

Vudoo builds an awesome rifle!!!! I've got two of their repeaters and one single-shot and all three of them are extremely accurate rifles.

Shane

Reactions: StrayDog
    My Vudoo really likes standard velocity CCI for practice. It shoots almost as good as Center X and nothing shoots as good in mine as the old Wolf ammo i have had for 10 years. You will love your Vudoo though!
    Thanks. I hope mine like CCI for practice and SK Rifle Match for Game Day!!! I’ll try to send or drive it to Lapua by the end of the year if I can’t get a case or 2 of SK.