• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vudu 1-10 release

Color me extremely interested. I was about to be in the market for a new LPVO and was leaning Razor but I am really partial to LPVOs that still have exposed adjustable elevation turrets. This might just be the ticket depending on how the early reviews look.

Reactions: st1650 and JDB55
I love my Razor 1-10, I have it on a shorty bolt gun, and it has been a party! I've got it mounted in APA rings, and its soo nice and low! I miss a paralax adjustment, but ya know, can't have everything.

What excites me about the Vudu is the LE-5 reticle because it has an actual crosshair. The Vortex is super awesome from a field-practical perspective, but the reticle makes shooting groups on paper a little more difficult.

Reactions: FatBoy and JDB55
I went back to Eotech's booth on Wednesday morning. Then I looked at my Razor Gen3 this morning (just got home). I would submit that it's not quite as bright, BUT the Eotech is also trying to light up a lot more of the reticle (especially the circle at 1x), and this may impact what they're able to get out of the illumination system. I also don't know whether brightness would fall off due to the scope being on blast for days at a time at SHOT or whether they were swapping batteries. I did not hear anything about battery life, but I would not expect it to be radically different than what we've seen from other FFP LPVOs in this price range. Side by side review with the gen3 under tough lighting conditions is really the only way to properly compare.

Someone asked about 1x reticle visibility, and it's very good. The big fat circle does a good job of luring your eye to the center dot, vs the thin "wings" on the gen3.

Very interesting about a Chinese made fiber optic illuminated lpvo. Are you able to share which manufacturer/scope specifically?
Blackhound's mid-range 1-6. But if they can do it, I assume it will be a thing that others can pull off, such as Athlon. The reticle was somewhat disappointing due lack of holdovers (eg, the Razor Gen2E isn't out of a job yet), but it was definitely a fiber optic dot. (Blackhound's top end scopes are made by JOL in Japan, in case you care.)

I went back to Eotech's booth on Wednesday morning. Then I looked at my Razor Gen3 this morning (just got home). I would submit that it's not quite as bright, BUT the Eotech is also trying to light up a lot more of the reticle (especially the circle at 1x), and this may impact what they're able to get out of the illumination system. I also don't know whether brightness would fall off due to the scope being on blast for days at a time at SHOT or whether they were swapping batteries. I did not hear anything about battery life, but I would not expect it to be radically different than what we've seen from other FFP LPVOs in this price range. Side by side review with the gen3 under tough lighting conditions is really the only way to properly compare.

Someone asked about 1x reticle visibility, and it's very good. The big fat circle does a good job of luring your eye to the center dot, vs the thin "wings" on the gen3.

Blackhound's mid-range 1-6. But if they can do it, I assume it will be a thing that others can pull off, such as Athlon. The reticle was somewhat disappointing due lack of holdovers (eg, the Razor Gen2E isn't out of a job yet), but it was definitely a fiber optic dot. (Blackhound's top end scopes are made by JOL in Japan, in case you care.)
Great review, really appreciate you going above and beyond for us on here. Seriously appreciate it Erwos.

Honestly the Eotech doesn't have to be "Nuclear" if it could have a little pop as a daylight bright reticle and do more than say, the trijicon accupower/credo 1-8s. I think that is exactly what I would want. The Razor is very very bright, and while that's awesome, if the Eotech could just be very bright (lol) with a more visible 1x reticle it's going to be a winner IMO.

Reactions: FishinGuns
Just saw this, per the rep-"It's got a glass etched reticle so it's daylight bright but not quite as bright as a fiber optic reticle". I still maintain of it turns out to be brighter then the accupowers I'll be interested.

The tree reticle was executed extremely well and the build quality was par for the course for Japanese optics.

I absolutely hated the illumination controls, not sure if the traditional rotary switch design adds a ton of cost but the buttons did not impress me.

My feelings on the illumination mirror others, it’s not ”nuclear“ bright but who knows how smoked the batteries were in the show rifles.

Reactions: JDB55
For that kind of weight I might sell my VX6HD and get the vudu 1-10 for my SBR 300blk bolt gun. Kinda reminds me of the Burris XTR 1-8 FFP. Even if the reticle wasn’t daylight bright it was still totally usable at 1x for “timber hunting”.

From 3:10-6:01 the eotech 1-10 is referenced/talked about and I believe that video shown is down the tube of it with ILLUMINATION on. Just figured I would throw it up for you guys as another piece of the puzzle. They say it's definitely daylight bright...but, I know people have different interpretations of that.

Reactions: MG58

Best picture yet down the tube, man that looks pretty bright(albeit it's in doors). Rep says it's not as bright as a fiber optic/daylight bright. Seems like the jury will be out on this one for a bit and there will be people squabbling on whether it is or isn't truly day bright haha.

Looks interesting. Doubt it’s daylight bright by what the rep said but at 1700 MSRP it’s much cheaper than the vortex so def an option to consider.

Reactions: MG58 and JDB55
I'm predicting it's not going to be "daylight bright" enough for most.

It's still going to be on my short list along with others I'd like to try out this coming year.

I am going to wait until I see a review from someone who can show the reticle in brighter conditions.

I still think the Gen lll will be the gold standard IMHO. Only bummer is they have jacked the price $500 more on the Gen lll which may steer some potential future buyers more toward the Eotech, and others that are less expensive.

I'm predicting it's not going to be "daylight bright" enough for most.

It's still going to be on my short list along with others I'd like to try out this coming year.

I am going to wait until I see a review from someone who can show the reticle in brighter conditions.

I still think the Gen lll will be the gold standard IMHO. Only bummer is they have jacked the price $500 more on the Gen lll which may steer some potential future buyers more toward the Eotech, and others that are less expensive.
Agreed. Two things I do like about the Eotech to the Razor, the 28mm objective should yield a more forgiving "eyebox" and I also think the reticle is going to be more useable at 1x with the donut of death, the Razor is just a little small/thin on 1x.

Agreed. Two things I do like about the Eotech to the Razor, the 28mm objective should yield a more forgiving "eyebox" and I also think the reticle is going to be more useable at 1x with the donut of death, the Razor is just a little small/thin on 1x.
That's what I'm hoping for, is that they took advantage of that 28mm obj. when they engineered it.

I owned a Primary Arms platinum 1-8 with 24mm obj, and an Trijicon accupower 1-8 with the 28mm, I did notice the Trijicon was brighter on 8x than the PA.

I received a notification from Scope List this morning that they have them in stock! (never purchased from them)

I received a notification from Scope List this morning that they have them in stock! (never purchased from them)

Scopelist is basically euro optic. They are good to go. I've made a few purchases through scopelist

Scopelist is basically euro optic. They ar.e good to go. I've made a few purchases through scopelist
I'm building a light weight 6mm ARC gasser. I'm a little ocd when it comes to the looks of my firearms. Do you think this 34mm scope will look bulky? I know it's just .15 inches larger than 30mm. Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: Birddog6424
I'm building a light weight 6mm ARC gasser. I'm a little ocd when it comes to the looks of my firearms. Do you think this 34mm scope will look bulky? I know it's just .15 inches larger than 30mm. Thanks

That's up to you. To me it doesn't bother me at all. It also has benefits over 30mm.

n3Ahgq9.jpg

kPPcBeq.jpg

That's up to you. To me it doesn't bother me at all. It also has benefits over 30mm.

n3Ahgq9.jpg

kPPcBeq.jpg
Oh! I’ve been contemplating putting an NX8 on my TacSol! What do you think of it?? Give me the good bad ugly.

Oh! I’ve been contemplating putting an NX8 on my TacSol! What do you think of it?? Give me the good bad ugly.

That's an atarc. I just pulled it off one of my AR's for pictures. I haven't decided what I'm putting on it. Tbh for my purposes even an nx8 on it is over kill. I'm thinking a 1-6 probably sfp. We'll see

That's an atarc. I just pulled it off one of my AR's for pictures. I haven't decided what I'm putting on it. Tbh for my purposes even an nx8 on it is over kill. I'm thinking a 1-6 probably sfp. We'll see
Lol. Ok.
Any positive or negative impressions at all?

I hate to start a new thread to ask this:

You guys with the 5-25 Vudu, do you find the parallax finicky at all?

Lol. Ok.
Any positive or negative impressions at all?

On that 10-22 it's almost unusable because it's in a 1.7" mount lol.

As far as my thoughts on the atarc 1-8 it's an incredible optic. Absolutely love the fc-dmx reticle, glass is phenomenal, beyond daylight bright, eye box is good, etc.

Did you have a specific question about it I can try to answer?

I’ve got “notify me” set from half a dozen websites. The only one who has pinged me was Euro Optic but their price was high imo and they sold out quickly, maybe a very small shipment. It seems like this is a verrrrry slow rollout.

I’ve got “notify me” set from half a dozen websites. The only one who has pinged me was Euro Optic but their price was high imo and they sold out quickly, maybe a very small shipment. It seems like this is a verrrrry slow rollout.
Same

Reactions: Odysseus1911
@koshkin have you had a chance to play with one of these or are you planning a review? I know a lot of us would be interested in your take on this one.

I see these listed in-stock several places, are they actually shipping? Haven’t seen a single firsthand review.

I have one in a basket at online vendor...I was about to pull the trigger but flamed out. Now I keep getting those "you left an item in your cart" emails and "don't let it get away", etc. I don't have an immediate need for it...just wanted to try it out. But hey, Bidenomics lol.

Reactions: HaydenLane
I've been reading the few reviews and watching videos on the Eotech since it was first announced. Most initial reviews were positive (may have been paid reviews?), but this one came up recently and was fairly negative on the optic. I saw someone posting on reddit explaining that the limitations of lenses mean that it's physically very hard to have a flat image throughout the magnification range with this much of a range. Unfortunate, because with the military discount Eotech gives out the Vudu 1-10 a tempting optic. I'm not a camera guy but apparently, camera lenses rarely have much more than 4x magnification range because it's hard to keep a flat crisp image once you start going too high above that. If that's true that'd explain some of C_Does issues he had with the Razor 1-10.

Anyone got suggestions for lightweight MPVOs with good eyeboxes? Want one for a 16" AR, might still pick up the Eotech but if there are similarly priced 3-15s (or 2-12 or similar) that don't add too much weight I might go that route. Leupold Mk5 is the only one I'm aware of that's very light while still having a good eyebox and clarity but I'm sure there's others.

I’m not sure I would call that a negative review other than him stating a number of known limitations of all optics with 10x erector ratios. The Razor 1-10 is a super popular optic despite those same limitations. If you need a 1-10 then I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a quality one. I have a Vudu 1-10 arriving this week, for a rifle on which I have felt the current 1-8 could use an occasional top end boost for shooting beyond 600yds.

Reactions: macmo
I’m not sure I would call that a negative review other than him stating a number of known limitations of all optics with 10x erector ratios.
Yeah I guess that's fair enough. The few other reviews I've seen published have been overwhelmingly positive on the Vudu 1-10, so I was surprised this one seemed much more lukewarm. Makes sense though that it's just a limitation with 1-10x in general. The biggest disappointment was hearing the image quality isn't that good at 8-10x but that is similar to what I've heard with the Razor.

Last edited:
@macmo thanks for posting that video, I might not have stumbled upon it otherwise. It also pretty much scratched the scope off my list.

Reactions: macmo
I was able to compare a NF NX8 and a Vudu to each other a couple of weeks ago. Despite the optical quality of the NF at 1x I still chose it over the Vudu just because of the brightness of the two reticles. The Vudu was definitely harder to pick up. Say what you want about the NX8 but the reticle is at least nuclear bright. For me that is door check. If a scope can't do that, I don't even care about the other shit. Might as well just make a small 5-10x MVPO with great glass.
Interesting,

I would like to check out the vudu, It seems like it has a decent reticence for a shorter 308 gas gun. I have trijicon 1-8 that alot of people comment on the recticle not being daylight bright but honestly i think its fine for most applications.

IMO, i think that most of the LPVO's have short comings, be it recticle brightness, the eye box or the weight. Ideally I would of liked a product improved leupold mk6 that may have dropped a couple oz, but in their infinite wisdom they come up with that vx-patrol bullshit.

If NF could drop the weight of the ATACR to that of the NX8, I would buy one today.