• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors WA Silencer Bill 1016 Senate hearing 3/9/11.

Ranb

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2008
Belfair, WA
There is a Senate Judiciary hearing for bill 1016 at the O'Brien building on Wednesday at 1:30 pm. It appears that Senate bill 5112 is not going to get out of the Rules committee, so House bill 1016 will resume its normal course out of the House (where it passed 88 to 4) and into the Senate Judiciary committee then the Rules committee.

Just as with the last two Judiciary hearings in the Senate and House weeks ago, we need to be present to show our support and speak at the hearing, especially if anyone shows up to oppose the bill.

We really need industry representatives to tell the Senate how unfair the current statute is as it does not allow FFL/SOT class 2's to test the silencers they make. Only one industry representative showed for the last two hearings; this is totally unsatisfactory. If you have the ear of any silencer manufacturers, let them know they need to be at the hearing.

Ranb

Re: WA Silencer Bill 1016 Senate hearing 3/9/11.

+1 on this. It would be great to finally get this straightened out.

It passed yesterday! Now we just have to wait for the Gov to sign it.

The law goes into effect 90 days after the session ends. July 23, 2011 is the first day silencers are legal to use in the state.

Ranb

Wow. Congratulations to everyone who put in the hard work to make this happen. I always found it silly that ownership was legal and utilizing said legal object was illegal, but I guess Washington's main concern was poachers. Not too certain on that fact, but I would assume as much. I believe I have seen you post in other forums stressing the issues and gaining support for the cause Ranb. Congratulations again.

AWESOME!!
I am glad the calls and emails paid off.
Other than the veto from the Gov (which seems unlikely but you never know), is there anything else that might prevent this from becoming law....appeal of some sort from the libbys, etc?

I consider myself pretty "libby", voted Dem, own an evil black rifle and will soon own a suppressor. Generalizing is awesome!

As I told my friend when she was interning for Lisa what's her name, in the legislature, the Democrats have run both chambers in the legislature and held the governors office for 40 of the last 46 years. If there's anything wrong with this state, don't blame me.

I heard it has been sign ed and now we wait for it to go into written law...

It has not been signed by the governor yet. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=1016&year=2011 As of Sunday 4/11/2011 the status of the bill is "delivered to governor". The governor has five business days to sign it, else it passes without her signature.

Although it got only 4 no votes, she has been know to veto bills that had zero no votes in both houses. She is unlikely to veto 1016 as the police need this bill more than the rest of us do.

She is scheduled to sign bill 1016 along with several other bills on live TV (TVW) Monday, 4/12. http://www.tvw.org/index.cfm?bhcp=1 I heard it will stream live on a webcast and aired later on TVW.

Ranb

Governor signed it this afternoon. The new law goes into effect on July 23.

Ranb

YES!
As stated earlier by others, a "Thank You" email to everyone is a good idea....mines going out shortly.

Thanks again Ranb and everone else for their efforts.

Incredible news. Looking forward to seeing a lot of suppressors at the range.

I'm somewhat surprised she signed, glad she did!

This makes me really happy, now all that is left is SBR and F/A!

There is a small group of people working on pushing an SBS/SBR bill that is supposed to be submitted very soon. For you WA people who want to help, we are gathering a list of names, addresses and phone numbers of people who want to be part of the team. The list will not be published online, but will be given to all of the team members. This will enable us to better coordinate our efforts and prevent wasted efforts and mistakes. The thread is on the Hometown Washington portion of the AR15.com forum. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=434430&page=33

Ranb