• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Waiting for the Skunkworks Infidel - Patience

JSTARSZ

Lefty's Rule
Minuteman
  • Feb 6, 2008
    Wolftown
    Waiting2.jpg

It has been a long time coming but I finally put down the deposit for a <span style="color: #FF0000">Skunkworks Infidel</span>. The long time coming is I am a left eye dominate shooter but I have been shooting right handed rifles for years. Until one day I got a Left Handed Remington 700 VS from Kenco Arms and my life changed. What a joy it was to shoot a lefty for a change. Then I got it in my head that I needed a left handed tactical rifle and went looking for someone to build it for me.

I did research on builders on the Hide and after seeing the Infidel pictures from Mike Bush of <span style="color: #FF0000">Skunkworks</span> I decided to go for it in a left handed build. First off let me say that Mike is a great guy to deal with. I am not sure how he does it but he is wired all the time on the computer. He is very communicative even when he is traveling. My hats off to him and his work ethic.

I have a tour coming up in Iraq in January 2011 and will be gone until September some time so I will get it about the time I am leaving but I think I will be able to shoot it a couple of times before I leave...I hope. I have all the accessories ready for the build so when I get it I will be heading to the range shortly there after. This is the first time that I actually have all the items needed to get it working. I am usually missing something big like the optics and hoping the wife will let me get that next.

If you are looking for a new build take some time and look at Skunkworks - Mike is good people in my book.

Re: Waiting for the Skunk Works Infidel - Patience

Good luck with the wait and, more importantly, with the deployment. You will absolutely love the Infidel - I do. Here's a pic to tide you over:

DSCN0589.jpg

Stay safe!

Patton63 - thanks for the pic and since you are in Northern Virginia and so close may be I can come borrow it for awhile.
    wink.gif

Re: Waiting for the Skunkworks Infidel - Patience

Congrats... I put my deposit down at the beginning of the month for the Skunkworks Infidel as well. I can also say that Mike is a great guy to deal with and I am anxiously awaiting my new rifle. What did you get the rifle chambered in?

I got it chambered in 308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derrick300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what kind of time frame did they give you for your new build?</div></div> well, he didn't say exactly but he said I will have it before I leave so that leads me to believe 2-3 months. Since it is a lefty getting items are not always as easy as a right hand rifle as I am sure he has most of those items in stock.

Whats the word Im thinking of?...
    Oh yeah, JEALOUS!

Hopefully you get to send a good bunch of rounds down range before you head overseas.

I just heard about Skunkworks last night, and I am already certain that next year Im going to buy their BABR.

Anywho, have fun with that beast when you get it. I bet time cant go by fast enough!

Thanks for your service as well and stay safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clamber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I just heard about Skunkworks last night, and I am already certain that next year Im going to buy their BABR.
    </div></div>
    If you do some research on here you will see some of his fine work and he is very innovative. There are some great gun plumbers on this site; some of the best I have seen in my life time. That is the great thing about Sniper's Hide. If I were not a member I would have no idea he even existed.

Yeah, I like supporting companies who take their time to make a presence on forums. And Mike seems like a stellar guy with a great product.

Im a noobie and cant tell a lot of scopes by looking at them, so I must ask, what is that scope you'll be mounting on it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clamber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im a noobie and cant tell a lot of scopes by looking at them, so I must ask, what is that scope you'll be mounting on it?</div></div>
    It is a Leupold Mk4 M1 Turret 6.5 x 20 Mil Dot - it will probably get replaced with something else but right now it works great. It is a decent scope and I got a good deal on it.

Nice, better than the scope I'm getting!

Be sure to post photos when you get it.

The wait will be worth it and I am sure youll enjoy it when you get it. Good luck on your deployment and stay safe over there.

I am going to order a Infidel in 338 Lapua, with a BO FTE muzzle brake begining of next year. I am saving up the deposit right now.

nice to have a place where you can shoot a 338. I don't have that kind of opportunities. I am sure it is going to be an awesome builds so when you get post up some pics.

i put in my deposit today for an infidel package, 21" threaded barrel with surefire brake/adapter.

mike quoted a december-ish delivery time. can't wait!

+1 for Mike UGSW. I've been working back and forth asking lots of questions and have settled on specs (almost identical to the above post minus the threaded barrel). So in a week or so my wife is calling it in and making the deal for me while I'm gone.

Mike is the one with the patience especially when dealing with folks like me asking so many questions.

Good luck on your upcoming tour JSTARSZ.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good luck on your upcoming tour JSTARSZ.</div></div>

right back at ya SR15match. I seem to be a contrarian in my tours. I ended up going to Afghanistan when it was not the in thing and now I end up in Iraq when it too is off the news coverage. Not sure how I do that but it seems to be an art
    eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good luck on your upcoming tour JSTARSZ.</div></div>

right back at ya SR15match. I seem to be a contrarian in my tours. I ended up going to Afghanistan when it was not the in thing and now I end up in Iraq when it too is off the news coverage. Not sure how I do that but it seems to be an art
    eek.gif
    </div></div>

Be careful out there. I think right now is not a good time to be in Iraq.

Thanks for your service. I'm jealous as well, particularly as a lefty!

Mike is supposed to be test firing my infidel this week! I am hoping it will be coming my way very soon. Btw Mike has been absolutely great to deal with!!! Rthur

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rthur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike is supposed to be test firing my infidel this week! I am hoping it will be coming my way very soon. Btw Mike has been absolutely great to deal with!!! Rthur</div></div> Make sure we get some range reports and pics from your new rifle. I need something to keep me going during my wait.

Congrats. I got an email this morning saying that my build should be getting the green light any day now. I would love a range report as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rthur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike is supposed to be test firing my infidel this week! I am hoping it will be coming my way very soon. Btw Mike has been absolutely great to deal with!!! Rthur </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patton63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good luck with the wait and, more importantly, with the deployment. You will absolutely love the Infidel - I do. Here's a pic to tide you over:

DSCN0589.jpg

Stay safe! </div></div>

That pik is downright sexy!!!! And yes be safe on your deployment, thanks for serving our country!

Jstarsz I will post a range report as soon as I can. I will have to have my kids help me load up the pictures. I find they outpace me when it comes to electronics anymore. I only have BH 139 gr rounds right now, but it should be interesting to see if it likes them. Rthur
    Infidel
    260 24" /bo fte
    Aics 20 fde
    NF F1
    Atlas V8
    Rings ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rthur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jstarsz I will post a range report as soon as I can. I will have to have my kids help me load up the pictures. I find they outpace me when it comes to electronics anymore. I only have BH 139 gr rounds right now, but it should be interesting to see if it likes them. Rthur
    Infidel
    260 24" /bo fte
    Aics 20 fde
    NF F1
    Atlas V8
    Rings ? </div></div>

Get some badger medium rings. That is what I'm going with

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rthur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jstarsz I will post a range report as soon as I can. I will have to have my kids help me load up the pictures. I find they outpace me when it comes to electronics anymore. I only have BH 139 gr rounds right now, but it should be interesting to see if it likes them. Rthur
    Infidel
    260 24" /bo fte
    Aics 20 fde
    NF F1
    Atlas V8
    Rings ?</div></div>
    I also find my kids are much better at technology now but when I was growing up I did the same to my parents...technology just bypasses you.

I almost went with a 260 but I would have to buy reloading materials for it and then reload a new round. It is hard to start a new caliber because of all the start up costs. May be in the future.

Nice scope selection and I agree with low Badger rings.
    Badger Low Rings

Here's my Infidel.
    I only had to wait a week for mine, so I can only imagine how hard it's going to be to wait a few months.
    Mike is first class and builds first class products.

Scap99 nice group. Was that reloads or were you using factory ammo? I assume thats 5 shots? Rthur

Thank you.
    5 shots at 100 yards using 168 gr Fed Gold Medal Match.

Here's one from 300 yds last weekend.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Scap99, what is the weight of your rifle with scope?

Using a bathroom scale; I weighed myself both with and without the rifle in hand. The difference works out to 14.6# unloaded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scap99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Using a bathroom scale; I weighed myself both with and without the rifle in hand. The difference works out to 14.6# unloaded.</div></div> thanks, not too bad at all; is that with scope? My GAP M40A3 with Vortex Razor and Gemtech suppressor is 20# - that thing is a monster to handle but it is a shooter.

Yes it is.
    SWFA 10x42HD, Badger Medium Rings, and Harris Bi-pod.

My Infidel has an 18" barrel.

I talked to mike and it could be 2 weeks before it is complete. I guess I got fired up and it wasn't quite done. I'm ready to do some load testing! Rthur

Well I just received an email from Mike and it sounds like it should be shipping around the 14th. I'm should have a range report before christmas. I'll also try to get some pictures for this thread. Rthur

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rthur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I just received an email from Mike and it sounds like it should be shipping around the 14th. I'm should have a range report before christmas. I'll also try to get some pictures for this thread. Rthur</div></div>

Bastard!
    wink.gif
    . I've been waiting since Feb.

I just talked to Mike and my Infidel is shipping this week. I have to say I'm fired up about getting it in hand. I'll try to get a range report albeit from a novice at 300 when the weather permits. I'm also taking it to Rifles Only in march to a Precision 1&2 course. It should be interesting to say the least. I'll try to put together a review of the rifle and my thoughts on the course from a novice's first instruction. I'm sure it will be an enlightening experience. By the way I don't have time to develope a load so I'll be using Southwest 260 139 scenars. This will also be in the review.

Rthur

This thread just had to pop up didn't it.

I ordered my Infidel in 338 LM a little after Christmas. I sent the paperwork off for my TBAC Silencer a few weeks back. I'm super pumped for this rifle.

At home awaiting delivery is a Nightforce scope and some badger rings.

Mike is probably getting tired of me checking in on things every couple of weeks.
    wink.gif