• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Waiting on parts for a new build - Mega Maten .308 what do ya'll think about the parts?

Intensefab

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2012
Columbia, Tennessee
Just ordered the parts for a new build that will hopefully shoot sub MOA, I have not had a lot of luck with the AR10 platform and sub MOA but here I go again...

Mega Maten MKM upper, lower and hand guard
JP Enterprise 20" .308 barrel with compensator
JP Enterprise adjustable gas block and gas tube
JP Enterprise BCG
JP Enterprise AR10 silent capture buffer
POF 4 pound drop in trigger
Ergo 2 suregrip

Not sure of stock as of yet.

What do ya'll think of the parts list? Anything else I should change or add to get the most accuracy out of a gas gun?

Hoping to Cerakote the upper, lower and hand guard this weekend if all goes according to plan.

Jeff

Last edited:
JPs barrels are made on wilson blanks right?

I would go with a Bartlein or Rock Creek barrel if I was building an AR10. The Rock barrel on my AR10 shoots right around .40".

I would also ditch the POF 4# for an SSA-E. I have a POF P308 that came with the 4#. I saw significant accuracy improvement with the SSA-E. I favor the UBR stock but thats me. Alot of people go with a PRS.

Mega makes awesome stuff here are some pics of my build. I recommend a non prs stock due to the weight. The STR stock feels perfect on mine. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412039455.682977.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412039473.422335.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412039490.615312.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cerakote color is by a local shop called "Rootbeer".

I would go with a Bartlein or Rock Creek barrel if I was building an AR10. The Rock barrel on my AR10 shoots right around .40".

I would also ditch the POF 4# for an SSA-E. I have a POF P308 that came with the 4#. I saw significant accuracy improvement with the SSA-E. I favor the UBR stock but thats me. Alot of people go with a PRS.
Where did you get your rock creek barrel from?

Yes it's my rifle. I sent the pics to them also after I finished the build Friday.

All POF P308 come with Rock Creek match grade barrels.

I know Southern Precision Rifles sells Rock Creek barrels.

The rock creek barrels on the POF are completely different than what you would buy from SPR/Bugholes. POF and other OEMs get button rifled barrels and the aftermarket gets cut rifled. They are made on completely different machines with different processes. Aside from having the same brand name, they share nothing else.

I never said they were the same barrel. He asked where to get a rock creek barrel and I told him where to find rock creek barrels

Just making sure he knows, as most people dont. Apples & oranges and all that...

Let's put it this way, the Rock Creek on my P308 14.5" may not be cut rifled but its a laser. Sub .50" at 100 with handloads, shot sub moa (just under 5") at 500 and hits at 800 are piece of cake. I couldn't believe it banged steel at 1000 first try. I know many others that have extremely accurate P308's as well.

Last edited:
I built a 308 on a Mega Maten last year, whose purpose was heavy metal (iron or non-magnified) 3 gun. And then my schedule changed and I haven't used it.

16" JP Barrel with BattleComp, Wilson Combat TRIM rail, Magpul UBR stock and Wilson Combat Tactical Two Stage trigger. I also put a Slashes heavy buffer weight in. Cerakote with Burnt Bronze...

It shoots really nicely, but I haven't mounted a scope and tested its accuracy.

Battlecomp.jpgMega.jpg

Triggers are like Ford vs. Chevy vs. GMC... Pick the trigger you prefer and works for you.

Got the upper and lower in today, wow it is a very nice set. Fit and finish great and they fit together with no play! Just finished cerakoting the upper, lower and hand guard in FDE. Now gotta wait a few weeks for the barrel to come in. I have the POF 4 pound trigger really want something around three pounds single stage but can't seem to find one.

Got the upper and lower in today, wow it is a very nice set. Fit and finish great and they fit together with no play! Just finished cerakoting the upper, lower and hand guard in FDE. Now gotta wait a few weeks for the barrel to come in. I have the POF 4 pound trigger really want something around three pounds single stage but can't seem to find one.

Timney AR Competition 3#. I have it in my AR15 Recce rifle and it breaks like glass. I prefer the 2 stage SSA-E for precision shooting but the Timney 3# is perfect for the purpose of my Recce rifle.