• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Walking Dead back this week

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Sunday Night, New Walking Dead, to get you ready...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tKxVuZ5kTpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Re: Walking Dead back this week

laugh.gif

DAMN IT TO HELL!!!! Dish dropped AMC. Gonna have to find it online I guess.

For the first time in 5 yrs I am off on Sundays. Gonna leave the DVR set though, just in case.

Less than 20 minutes to go! I hope it's a good episode and an even better season....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madppcs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hershel got bit in the prison. I like the zombies in riot gear. Lol</div></div>

Shut up Spoiler Boy,

I am on the West Coast Today and can't see it for 2 hours ... Tool.
    smile.gif

Lol didn't think about the time differences. I won't go into any more detail about how they enter the prison ans go toe to toe with zombie hordes.

Lmao enjoy!

Not what I was expecting, but a good start.

My biggest beef was that seasons 1 & 2 we followed them basically with 1 episode equaling one or two days in their lives. So I was unhappy to see the time shift. =(

Handguns that fire without the slides moving, and no ejection of spent brass. You'd think with the series being such a hit they would hire some competent firearms expert.

Overall, it was ok.

In season 2 I was amazed by hersals unlimited ammo shot gun .......and liked how he reloaded three shells then blasted another nine out lol...

its an assault crossbow - dont you know anything about made for tv weapons?

grin.gif
    grin.gif

Bad fucking ass first episode. Finally got some suppressors (albeit home made) and assault rifles, but the handguns still have no recoil at all. Could at least tell them to jerk their hands back when they pull the trigger to simulate recoil or something, lol.

Good start to the season. I like the fact they are using supressed weapons, but the Maglight supressor was silly, but I expect some Hollyweird stuff here n there.

Ther writers must be reading the Walking Dead Blogs...taking constructive criticism.

Much better then the last two seasons, at least so far. I suspect it'll grind to a mind numbingly boring halt in the next few episodes but in the mean time it's looking good.

i was saying it early on this episode..you need to head check each of those "dead" guys on the ground....you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Sasaki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bad fucking ass first episode. Finally got some suppressors (albeit home made) and assault rifles, but the handguns still have no recoil at all. Could at least tell them to jerk their hands back when they pull the trigger to simulate recoil or something, lol. </div></div>

Yea, I wish shooting a 12 gauge was that easy to do. BEst part for me was the leg amputation. I was telling my wife "cut the damn thing off." and sure enough he did just that.

good episode with a lot less drama than last year, lori is still bugging the hell out of me but carl impressed me big time, that kid is wising up. The ninja chick is cool too so far.
    I hope they keep it up the rest of the season

My hope for the season is to have Lori killed by her own baby, god I hate that chick. Then Rick can start hittin' the hot blonde who's with that black samurai zombie on a leash walking chick.

I'm glad they actually took the time warp leap. The role of Rick was defined as a strong leader and the drama they had with Shane/Rick last season kind of took away from that so they needed the time warp to get them back on track before entering the prison. It's closer to the comic's now where rick has to be a strong leader in the prison etc. I'm also glad people are no longer cry babies and have cowboy-ed up. Man this show is so much better then post apocalyptic Revolution!

Anyone else catch Carol operating the charging handle of her AK after each shot?

And yeah, I was saying the whole night... play it safe, cut the heads off the dead ones too. Nobody is going to care.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My hope for the season is to have Lori killed by her own baby, god I hate that chick. Then Rick can start hittin' the hot blonde who's with that black samurai zombie on a leash walking chick. </div></div>

^^^ THIS

Yea, you'd never catch me walking over a dead zombie. Head cut off or not, it's just common sense. Also, two things:

1. I would think the smell would be unbearable in that prison, but I didn't see anyone so much as cover their nose.

2. I don't even understand the zombie apocalypse. I mean, zombies are supposed to be dead right? That's why they're rotting? Well where is all the maggots and flies? Technically since maggots eat dead cells, all the zombies should have been gone in a couple days right? So the zombie apocalypse should only ever last like a couple days before they all decompose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Sasaki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, you'd never catch me walking over a dead zombie. Head cut off or not, it's just common sense. Also, two things:

1. I would think the smell would be unbearable in that prison, but I didn't see anyone so much as cover their nose.

2. I don't even understand the zombie apocalypse. I mean, zombies are supposed to be dead right? That's why they're rotting? Well where is all the maggots and flies? Technically since maggots eat dead cells, all the zombies should have been gone in a couple days right? So the zombie apocalypse should only ever last like a couple days before they all decompose. </div></div>

That and they have > months worth of energy despite having no energy consumption (most of them anyway). They're breaking laws of physics on that one and should be tapped (Matrix style) as an endless energy source. In reality, I don't see how a zombie outbreak could last much longer than a week or so but that's going to be a fun week.

Arguing the feasability of zombie scenrios is about as worthwhile about as useful as shopping for a tin for tarten paint.
    grin.gif

Liked the track this seasons heading on though.

i didn't understand why MIchone kept the armless zombies around, but then it made sense, she uses em as pack mules...brilliant.

The zombies in the prison have were mostly half eaten. (The ones inside). Looks as if they where eating each other. And I think they wasted what little ammo they had by shooting the ones in the Prison yard. They could have lured all of them up to the fence and just stab them in the head. Some were taken out like this, but afterwards they started to complain that they were out of ammo.

And yea, I saw that chick manually cycling the bolt of her AK47 after each shot. (Maybe she was using sub-sonic ammo?) LMAO I doubt it.

Great opening episode, though it should have been Lori that got bitten. Man she sucks. Nonetheless, the show's starting off better than it did last season. Too damn slow, too much baby daddy drama.

Two things that I read above which wholeheartedly agree with:
    1. Behead them all. No need to take the risk.
    2. They've got all the time in the world. Don't waste precious ammo by shooting them all.

Methinks this would be a badass anti-zombie tool:

i3b76t.jpg

I was wondering why they didn't just lure them up to the fence and stab them in the head one at a time as well. It's not like they don't have the time...what was the rush? Especially since ammo is an exhaustible resource. Dumb.

And also, if this is a blood born pathogen (evidenced by it being transferred by bite) it's pretty amazing that they all seem to be just fine when covered from head to toe in gore. Seems like scrapes / cuts / eyes / open mouths etc... would be a problem with blood spatter going everywhere.

Then again...it's just a show.

Everybody has the pathogen. I think the infection rotting flesh causes kills the person then the Zombie action takes over. At least, that's the only way I can have it make sense. Because the blood isn't festering in an open wound they are "ok".
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former0302</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering why they didn't just lure them up to the fence and stab them in the head one at a time as well. It's not like they don't have the time...what was the rush? Especially since ammo is an exhaustible resource. Dumb.

And also, if this is a blood born pathogen (evidenced by it being transferred by bite) it's pretty amazing that they all seem to be just fine when covered from head to toe in gore. Seems like scrapes / cuts / eyes / open mouths etc... would be a problem with blood spatter going everywhere.

Then again...it's just a show.</div></div>

:...that's the only way I can have it make sense"

SENSE? we are talking Zombies here
    smile.gif

True, there is that too. I don't think about how Zombies can actually exists as their is too many things that don't compute. Sometimes you just have to believe in the magic :)
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">:...that's the only way I can have it make sense"

SENSE? we are talking Zombies here
    smile.gif
    </div></div>

Loved the episode - time skip was sorta needed to keep the plot in line with the graphic novels and helped lessen the sit-around-talking episodes that many people complained about last season.

Carl still annoys me to no end..... oh and I need to order a good Katana from Japan for my bug out bag : )

Zombies would be like shooting fish in a barrel. Now if we get those amped up roided out Darkseekers they had in I Am Legend then were f'ked.

2. I don't even understand the zombie apocalypse. I mean, zombies are supposed to be dead right? That's why they're rotting? Well where is all the maggots and flies? Technically since maggots eat dead cells, all the zombies should have been gone in a couple days right? So the zombie apocalypse should only ever last like a couple days before they all decompose.

or the maggots become zombies and only eat each other

I got to say I thought the level 2 riot gear toting zombies was a nice change of pace. Though why shoot a arrow at them common sense should have playing in that one. After the level 2 riot gear zombies I was almost expecting they come across a boss zombie farther in the prison. Oh well maybe in the next episode.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cstmwrks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    StuTalon said:
    Black leather trench coat... that is how you know they are serious.</div></div>

Hilarious.

PS, i hope she and the baby die. its probably shanes anyway (whore). And to make it even better it should come out like alien through her breast bones. then rick stabs it in head with pocket knife.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmc02xx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cstmwrks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    StuTalon said:
    Black leather trench coat... that is how you know they are serious.</div></div>

Hilarious.

PS, i hope she and the baby die.</div></div>

Funny you say that. She was on a local radio show here this morning and said that is a high possibility.

Also that more than likely most people who started the season won't be alive near the end.

OK if the infection is already in everyone and you die by non-walker means, but you come back as a walker, then how in the hell does a bite kill you? I understand a bite infecting a person, or the thing already being in you (air born, etc...) but then the bite should be equal to a regular bite. I dont know, just seams like one or the other not both.

Anyway, This show caused me (more like last straw) to get a .22 can. I ended up with the suppressed 22/45 in my hand after the first house clearing scene.

Just got an email from Dish Network. AMC is back on Dish! Channel 131. Great to hear for all us Dish customers that have been complaining.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roadwild17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK if the infection is already in everyone and you die by non-walker means, but you come back as a walker, then how in the hell does a bite kill you? I understand a bite infecting a person, or the thing already being in you (air born, etc...) but then the bite should be equal to a regular bite. I dont know, just seams like one or the other not both.

Anyway, This show caused me (more like last straw) to get a .22 can. I ended up with the suppressed 22/45 in my hand after the first house clearing scene. </div></div>

Maybe it is like Staph. Its already all over our skin, but doesnt cause infection until you break/puncture the skin. They don't explain it very well at all. However, this wouldnt happen with a neck break either so IDK. Just have to leave it as straight up fictional.

if you accept the fact that there can be zombies, all other facts realistic or not are irrelevant, simply watch the show and enjoy. Makes life much easier.
    cheers.