• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Want to get a can. But got a few ??

SouthPawShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2010
Kansas
I want to get a can that I can use on my Rifle which is a 308cal it is threaded due to it having a brake on it and at the same time be able to use the same can on my 22-250 AR-15. Is there a certain thread size for smaller calibers I have to stick with or can my AR be theaded the same as my 308 and just use the same can on both. One salesman told me a can for an AR15 in 223 would not work on my 22-250 because it has more pressure then the 223 and said the can would not hold up to it, with that said, if I get a can for my 308 will it be too big to use on my AR I really don't understand all this all too well.
Question #2
Now can you pick out cans with different disable ratings or are they all the same I mean I am taking in the fact a suppressed 223 will be quieter then a suppressed 375Cheytec I'm sure, but lets say you got 5 cans from 5 different manufactures for a 223 are the manufactures limited on how quit these cans can be or is it all about $$ per DSBL rating

Re: Want to get a can. But got a few ??

It is an AR15 platform in 22-250 built by Olympic Arms.
Check them out, I love mine!

I just searched your posts and found it... I'll call myself a tard for not knowing it was made (deleted my previous post) but I'm not an Olympic Arms fan, never have been, probably never will be...

from what I can see on the Olympic website, your 22-250 isn't threaded... check to be sure, but your 308 is probably 5/8x24... get a 308 can threaded to match your barrel, have the 22-250 threaded the same... 22-250 will shoot through a 308 can just fine...

the salesman was right, the 22-250 should have way more pressure than most 223 cans are rated for

Speaking for our 223P-1 and 223A, they will withstand .22-250 just fine; however, they will be louder than .223 due to the additional gas volume.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking for our 223P-1 and 223A, they will withstand .22-250 just fine; however, they will be louder than .223 due to the additional gas volume.
</div></div>

Zak... why I said "most" 223 cans... you guys aren't average...lol

I still think he needs a 30 P-1

How quiet they are will depend on the quality of the can. Talk to that man Zak Smith there. Top notch suppressors. Like FM said look into the 30p-1. You won't be dissapointed. First step would be go see your local class 3 dealer. They will have all the info you need.

Find a local Class 3 dealer and order what you want. They'll walk you through the paperwork when the time comes.

A good .30 cal can should cover all what you want to do with .308 and .22-250. If you want to get something for your .223's and the .22-250, though, you could go with one of the "stout" .223 cans.

On your question #2, there are definitely some loud cans on the market. In practice most of the top cans suppress a very similar dB level.

Who is a reputable place to send my upper to for barrel threading for a break and or can

Southpaw.
my go to can for 22-250 and 243 is a THUNDERBEASTARMS 30p-1. I think both those calibers are quieter than my 308.

All my thread jobs are done by GA Precision in Kansas city.