• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warner Tool Company Dies

shoedo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
Georgia
Does anyone use the Warner custom sizing reloading dies? Are they worth the money. Are they appreciably better than say the redding competition dies?

Re: Warner Tool Company Dies

Yes, yes, and yes.

What type of shooting are you doing?

I'd love to have those.If I hadn't already bought my other custom dies and was starting from scratch,they'd be mine.Best of all worlds.All the advantages of a full length sizer and a neck sizer all rolled into one.Once you've made the initial investment for the main die then all you have to do is order the internal dies.I love the shim idea for adjusting the shoulder bump too.

Steve

I have them and yes, yes, and yes. They are amazing not only in how they look, but also how consistently well they work.

My new 7 WSM F-Class rig has a Warner sizing die (one step and amazingly consistent sizing results), as does my newest 6x47L.
smile.gif

JeffVN

i have a 308 die for my Palma gun. No question the best die on the market. Bill

Steve - LOL! No bs the dies are incredible, but probably not worth selling other custom dies to get some.

They do NOT fit on a Dillion die plate, so if you use a progressive tp load you are likely not able to use them. That is why my brother has Neil Jojnes custom dies for his .284 and his new .284 Improved.

JeffVN

i have them and they are the best. there is no better feeling than when you get it and you look at it in your hand. tolerances so tight it will make you smile. Threads are bigger than normal dies so you have to unscrew the black adapter on the old rock chucker. you can change between calibers with additional inserts. Best dies ever in my opinion

FYI

The Warner Dies will NOT fit in 99% or the progressive or Turret presses such as the T-7. Their dies have a 1.25-12 threaded body and all of the turrets have a 7/8-14. Thus, they "recommend" a press that accepts the larger thread (since anything else is NOT going to work). The Big Boss presses will accept their die by removing the threaded insert (same proicess for the RCBS Rock Chucker). Hope this helps.

JeffVN

Here is the email that I got when I inquired about a die for my 6.5x284. Here is Dan's reply:

<span style="color: #FF0000">Thanks for the inquiry. You are correct, we would need 3 or 4 fired cases in which to build your die from. Cost for the die; one caliber complete is $375. Additional neck shoulder bushings are $75 per. Chances are that your chamber is standard, then we have inserts already made that should work with your brass. Delivery in this case would be within a couple of weeks. If it is non-standard, then we would have to make the inserts accordingly, which would extend the delivery by 6 to 8 weeks. Let us know if we can get this started for you.</span>

Mine was standard and after he received my cases, three days later he called and said he was mailing it out to me. Very good service thus far.