• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WARNING: Be careful, when you purchase from www.opticsplanet.com

My only experience with them was a set of rings. I ordered 34means was sent 30mm. I called and returned them with no issue. The issue was getting my money back took over a month. Called again and they acted like that wasn't a big deal it was taking so long.

They aren't my first choice, or even in my top 5

I am not sure when they started doing this, but optics planet began to charge sales tax for the state of Ky and that was a big turn off for me. I am not a huge fan of optics planet to begin with, but it just made it a bit worse. From what I understand with a new law, it is optional for them to charge sales tax for KY and that is a little weird to me. I try to steer clear of them if I can.

Allstate is the worst. If you are ex military or are married to ex military then sign up,with USAA. They are far and away the best insurance agency in the world.....

I'm ex mil but also hard headed and loyal,, it takes some friction burns with my kind sometimes ??

Allstate is the worst. If you are ex military or are married to ex military then sign up,with USAA. They are far and away the best insurance agency in the world.....

Hi,

Well that might be your opinion and experience with them but it is not considered the norm.....

For me personally they quoted my auto policy at get this......$180 a MONTH higher than anyone else and could not explain to me why. No accidents, No tickets, No auto insurance claims ever!!!

Also USAA has a huge base of people that have filed suits against them for not paying claims:
https://kdvr.com/2018/11/09/colorad...ing-husbands-1-million-life-insurance-policy/
https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Insurance/USAA-refuses-to-pay-for-kitchen-damage/td-p/149644
https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Car/Horrible-Claims-Handling-amp-Customer-Service/td-p/160859
https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Insurance/Denied-Life-Insurance-for-PTSD/td-p/113574

Sincerely,
Theis

They offered it to you for less than it was listed, WTF again? I’ll bet you’re the kind of person who has a thousand negative google reviews.
giphy.gif

Sounds right to me

What are the odds that I can find a bigger pool of people pissed off about Allstate, State Farm, or Progressive for the same reasons?

Pretty high I bet

I ordered a right side holster for my Mark 9 OC case for work. They had it in stock at the time of order. Then I recieve an email 4 days later that it was back ordered and would take 1-3 weeks. 2 weeks later, I get another email stating 5-7 weeks. After 7 weeks, I called multiple times to check up and they stated a few more weeks. How did this happen with a listed "In Stock" item? Gal on the phone stated they always show in stock no matter if they have them or not. They sent me a left handed model that didn't work with my duty belt set up. I returned it and now am awaiting their "restock" fee on their fuck up. I am done ordering with them!!

I always get what I order, but there seems to be a few day lag always before the lable is created and the thing really ships

Reactions: 021411
They swapped a gen 2 scope for a gen 1 scope after it was ordered. Claimed that it was a mistake but the cost difference was too great for them to take the hit on getting me the advertised scope.

I ordered an Aero M5 15" handguard and barrel nut: checked price in the evening, $180 combined (210 from aero), next morning when the wife placed the order, $150 shipped for both items. Less than a week later, on my door step. I've got nothing bad to say. Website has its sketchy moments though......

Ordered some shit on Black Friday.

Had to send some back. Had to order other things.

My card has been credited for the returns and the replacements come tomorrow.

I dont see a problem.

Reactions: Stooxie
Ordered some shit on Black Friday.

Had to send some back. Had to order other things.

My card has been credited for the returns and the replacements come tomorrow.

I dont see a problem.

Me too, return package finally got delivered 3 days ago. Guess Ill wait another week for the 10 days they quote to process before I bitch.

Ive read some sketchy things about optics planet but the price they gave was just too good. Kind of wish I would have kept the stock just because it was a good deal.

Edit: took the complete slow shipping and 10 day processing but they got me my money back in my return.

Last edited:
I absolutely love OpticsPlanet... I buy tons from them. I order custom guns that take months and months to arrive... I ca certainly handle waiting for the products I buy from them if they are out of stock.

I ordered a right side holster for my Mark 9 OC case for work. They had it in stock at the time of order. Then I recieve an email 4 days later that it was back ordered and would take 1-3 weeks. 2 weeks later, I get another email stating 5-7 weeks. After 7 weeks, I called multiple times to check up and they stated a few more weeks. How did this happen with a listed "In Stock" item? Gal on the phone stated they always show in stock no matter if they have them or not. They sent me a left handed model that didn't work with my duty belt set up. I returned it and now am awaiting their "restock" fee on their fuck up. I am done ordering with them!!

This has been exactly what I have experienced in ordering from them as well- the items are showing as in stock when they are not, and you have to wait months to receive them (with them telling you repeatedly that the item will be in next week or in two weeks). I have learned my lesson, and no longer order from them because they are dishonest about whether the item is actually in stock. There are plenty of ethical companies out there to order from that I don't need to waste my time with the unethical ones.

Thanks,
Ted

Update, I decided to wait it out on my barrels because they were at a great price and didn’t charge my card when I ordered. Just got a notice that one barrel and my Triggertech triggers shipped, so we shall see how long the other one takes.

Their backorders frustrate me. A company of their size should A, keep an actual live inventory updating in near real time. B, quit showing everything in stock all the time.

That being said, I have ordered from them and DVOR, no major issues with either. They aren't my fav bit I'll order from them when it's cheap and I can wait a few extra days. (Or weeks)

I guess my experience is not the norm. Ordered a Forster Co-Ax on Black Friday, knowing they were out of stock. Paid $288 with free shipping. It arrived yesterday.

I live about 150 miles [round trip] from any large gun stores or big box sporting goods. So I don't have the ability to see and hold a product that I want. I order a lot of stuff from OP often to find out that the product does not meet my needs. Call and get a free return lable without any problems. Their products are most often the cheapest with free shipping and free returns. What's not to like? If a single problem with a vendor causes you to not buy from them it is a wonder that you have anyone to buy from.

Nothing but great things to say about them in my experience. Probably 50ish orders over the years from swivels to an ACOG.

IMHO, there are better companies , that have more reliable stock tracking... and those companies get my business instead of OpticsPlanet.

I have also got the "showed in stock" , then the later not in stock e-mail.

I don't like that kind of business profile.

Reactions: Midwestside
Optics Planet is SO much better to do business with than many smaller companies. Sales of accessories are a commodity I'm seeking the LOWEST price I can get from a reputable company and screw everything else. If you can't compete with their prices then your shit's gonna sit on your shelves. Trashing talking the competition on social media makes me resentful of smaller businesses and much less willing to give them my business.

Just ordered from them this evening. Used their emailed 11% off coupon that expires tonight and a $25 gift cert from ordering on Black Fri to pick up an Eberlestock LoDrag II. Saved myself $52. Can’t complain.

Reactions: Stooxie
I quit using Optics Planet after they suddenly decided to quit selling standard cap magazines, after the Parkland, FL shooting.
Plenty of fair criticism of Optics Planet here but this one isn't, not quite. OP didn't decide to quit selling high cap mags, Aurora, IL (the town their warehouse is located) enacted a ban causing them to have to quit carrying the product.

Regardless, I for one am done with them, and the state of IL, kinda like I look for anything made anywhere but China.

I have been using opticsplanet.com for many many years now, and I bought a lot of products from them... thousands of dollar

I was doing my CyberMonday shopping. By accident, I used my new laptop from work to browse OP, and the browser did not log me in automatically. When I came across "Target Vision ELR Two Mile Range Camera System," it showed $768.24 with 15% off coupon, which would cost me $653. I was ready to pull the trigger on it. I logged into my account, "VIP pricing on," and the damn price went up to $791.12 !!!

WTF is this??? they are trying to charge me more because I bought a lot of stuff from them??? I emailed customer service, no response after three days. I live-chat with their online customer service agent "Kathleen" who claims it is only a web error, and offer me $650 on the product. WTF again!!! This should be correct price from the beginning.

Again, if anyone want to make a purchase from them, make sure you browse the website without log-in. They are losing my biz for sure...

155o0lg.jpg

2z5npfr.jpg
Been a while since I've been on the hide. Obviously, Optics Planet should be avoided.

I just got the craziest price on that S&B scope I posted above. First it said 1,499 for the Stratos. I had it in my cart for a week and when I looked today it said $1,399. Then I tried a 10% off coupon code even though they weren't working earlier due to it being on clearance. Amazingly it worked and I got it for $1259 out the door. Not bad for a scope that is priced at 2,500 to 2,800 everywhere else. If it doesn't blow my mind I'll return it.

Still says 10 more in stock.

-Stooxie

I just got the craziest price on that S&B scope I posted above. First it said 1,499 for the Stratos. I had it in my cart for a week and when I looked today it said $1,399. Then I tried a 10% off coupon code even though they weren't working earlier due to it being on clearance. Amazingly it worked and I got it for $1259 out the door. Not bad for a scope that is priced at 2,500 to 2,800 everywhere else. If it doesn't blow my mind I'll return it.

Still says 10 more in stock.

-Stooxie
Cool

Another order from Optics Planet a few days ago, satisfied customer again.

I made a typo entering my e-mail address and when I checked my e-mail the next day didn't find an order confirmation.

After a few short minutes on hold a pleasant lady worked until she found my order and corrected the issue. Or so I thought. Turns out she also made a typo correcting my mistake so still no order confirmation (even thought the order was being processed for fulfillment).

A second phone call, a different, equally pleasant lady. She finds my order again, corrects my e-mail, verifies with a readback, and sends me a separate e-mail with the tracking number.

Yeah, they really suck don't they?

PS you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Follow up:
Received one of my barrels and my Triggertech triggers last week. Still have one more barrel, but I can wait. Got an email from them asking how they did and they sent me a 11% off coupon.

As an aside, I installed one of the TT triggers - I just went with the Primary model as they’re for hunting rifles. Man are these triggers sweet!

i ordered a couple things from a handful of vendors a few days ago. what i ordered from OP was the first to be delivered.

I have had good luck with OP.

Got a smoking deal on a very expensive scope with a 20% off military coupon- arrived within a week. I tried a couple of other vendors and nobody would match it which I understand and is just dandy but I’m not gonna turn down an extra $350 discount on a high dollar item either.

Most everything ships pronto just like at Midway and Brownells and REI.

One time I paid OP for 2 day shipping but it took 5 so I asked for a refund of the extra amount I paid for expedited shipping and they refunded it. Hard to bitch about that.

That said, it is good to support the local guys. I often go by my local backpacking store and buy from them verses ordering from REI. I want to keep them in business b/c let’s face it, it’s nice to be able to go pick up stuff that day if you want it.

Just recently place an order for a product on OP. In reality, said item had three different versions under its model name but OP only listed its model name and not which version. I contacted OP via email and phone. Both times they said were selling you said model. I tell them that there is three different versions so which version is it and they were clueless.

I also email the manufacturer explaining this and they tell me that they should be selling each version of said model. I tell them that they’re not. Manufacturer said make sure OP is selling you the version you want.

No one is fucking listening to anything I’m saying. -_-

Had to bump this. Second time ordering from OpticsPlanet.com, satisfied again. I ordered last week, and all showed up today. Everything. All of it. At once. Today. With no issues. Cant complain

so i bought a scope mount from them last week. added it to the cart. entered the code for their flash 10% sale. cart showed the reduced price. went to check out. looked at final price and i'm like wtf, the discount went away. i re-entered the code and all was well again. but if i hadn't checked, i woulda been screwed. wasn't very happy about that. but they did ship it a day or two later.

I've had nothing but good experiences with them, I've been getting set up for my first rifle, so I've had to buy basically everything to get into the hobby. Everything has shipped promptly, and prices have been good. I bought a vortex razor gen2 from them just before shot show, on sale. Then, at shot, vortex released info about their new reticles, and further discounted the price of the scope. I hadn't even received my scope yet (it was in the mail), but saw the price drop on reddit. I popped onto their customer service live chat, and spoke with the same CS rep the OP of this thread is complaining about. She promptly refunded me an additional $350, no questions asked.

I would compare them to the Amazon of shooting sports. I buy a LOT of stuff through Amazon, and any time I've had an issue, their live chat has taken care of me, whether that is an instant refund, or shipping out a replacement.

I like to support local business when I can, but some of these smaller outfits need to get with the program. You either have to offer better pricing, faster shipping/delivery, better service, or items that cannot be found elsewhere. I'm a younger guy (34), and I'm not interested in calling places, for any reason. I want to conduct business via email or chat at my convenience. I don't have the time or patience to play phone tag.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Cheap or fast? You can only pick one with optics planet. Still, I've got a few great deals through them.

I agree with others who have stated you can’t have it all.

I’ve gotten some deals so good on optics planet, it’s lower than some vender can even get to their shop for.

The price for this is possible CS issues, shipping delays, etc.

You don’t get stupid low prices without them having to cut corners somewhere.

This is a know fact with optics planet. To buy from them and then complain about it, is, well...........

What the crap is up with their SURCHARGE? I was about to make a $120 purchase, but stopped dead in my tracks when I realized there was a $40 added "SURCHARGE"!!!
WHAT THE H???