• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Warning! Scammers abound, here is a story for you.

Sako man

profesional dilettante
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2012
    Galactic Sector ZZ9 Alpha Xray Plural.
    Ok fellow hiders. If you want to learn how to deal with a scammer from the forum here please read. This is a transcript from my conversation with a scammer who is lurking this site, judging by the times they text me at I am guessing they are in India/China. The scammer presents themselves as "James Roy" from Texas. Feel free to drop him a line, say hi.

Phone 469-806-1107
    email [email protected]

Transcript from a conversation with "James Roy" regarding a 338 Desert Tech barrel he solicited to me. I had sniffed him out right away when offering the barrel for a measly $250.00 bucks, so I thought I would have some fun.

Me: Roy?

Tell me about the barrel

Let me guess you want bitcoin for the barrel

Roy: If bitcoin is Okay for you I am fine with it. I also accept PayPal

Ok great, $250 for the barrel. I will do friends and family, what's the email address for the PayPal?

Also has the barrel been used to kill anyone, I don't want anything like that, it's like a blood diamond then.

What's the PayPal address? You did homo the barrel as well correct? I can send money.

Sorry I mean you Homo-ed the barrel correctly, this is crucial.

I keep sending you my address for payment you do not see it? Kindly check your email sir.

I don't see anything in my email box. Please answer the question about the barrel being Homo-ed or not. And does it have the extra RAZZLE adapter? Because we have to have the extra RAZZLE, I will pay extra for that.

Yes sir, I did homo-ed the barrel, I don't have an extra razzle adapter. I send the address, did you not get it, please check you spam box.

Ok, great I am excited to buy this barrel! Can you tell me however just to make sure is it RAZZLED in 338 or 308? Because I need a 308 RAZZLE DAZZLE.

Yes sir, it is a 308 razzle.

Will you take $240?

Yes sir, $240.00 is a fair price.

Man I was hoping you got your hands on one of them

Excellent work Sir!!!

A while back I was bored at work on the night shift with nothing to do but stare at a computer screen. Low and behold I noticed a scammer answered an ad of mine from another forum. To make a long story short I spent about 8 hours jerking this guy around just to see how far I could take it. I had him send me pictures of phoney documents and resend them because I was having trouble receiving them. I assume he had to make them on the fly…. His identification…. All kinds of nonsense. He wanted payment via Western Union so I googled “Western Union money control numbers” and was able to come with some authentic, but no longer active transfer numbers. For the last three hours of our “deal” I made him drive around to about a dozen Western Union locations all over Pakistan until he was completely losing his mind. I asked since Western Union wasn’t working If he could accept Cracker Barrel gift cards. He didn’t get the joke. I finally broke down and told him I didn’t have any money and just wanted to see how much dumb shit I could make him do. It was great.

Several years ago my son asked me to help him sell his car on Craigs list.
    At the time he didn’t have an email address so we used mine.
    The scammers were lined up.
    I went through all of them cept one and he was very persistent.
    I strung that Nigerian along for almost a month, it was a lot of fun.
    Every day a new email asking about the car, shipping have I received the check yet.
    I even asked him if he had any naked pictures of his wife or mother.
    He finally got tired and the last email I got from him is “I don’t think you’re taking this transaction seriously”.
    It was great fun

If y’all have never read through this you need to. It will take you days to get through it but I have never laughed so hard reading something on the Internet.

TLDR they convince a scammer to go into Chad in the middle of a civil war. Hilarity and suffering insues, gets stuck there for months.

Ok fellow hiders. If you want to learn how to deal with a scammer from the forum here please read. This is a transcript from my conversation with a scammer who is lurking this site, judging by the times they text me at I am guessing they are in India/China. The scammer presents themselves as "James Roy" from Texas. Feel free to drop him a line, say hi.

Phone 469-806-1107
    email [email protected]

Transcript from a conversation with "James Roy" regarding a 338 Desert Tech barrel he solicited to me. I had sniffed him out right away when offering the barrel for a measly $250.00 bucks, so I thought I would have some fun.

Tell me about the barrel

Ok great, $250 for the barrel. I will do friends and family, what's the email address for the PayPal?

Also has the barrel been used to kill anyone, I don't want anything like that, it's like a blood diamond then.

What's the PayPal address? You did homo the barrel as well correct? I can send money.

I keep sending you my address for payment you do not see it? Kindly check your email sir.

I don't see anything in my email box. Please answer the question about the barrel being Homo-ed or not. And does it have the extra RAZZLE adapter? Because we have to have the extra RAZZLE, I will pay extra for that.

Yes sir, I did homo-ed the barrel, I don't have an extra razzle adapter. I send the address, did you not get it, please check you spam box.

Ok, great I am excited to buy this barrel! Can you tell me however just to make sure is it RAZZLED in 338 or 308? Because I need a 308 RAZZLE DAZZLE.

Will you take $240?

Epic

Reactions: Sako man
    Bawhahahaha, this is the best thread ever. Sako Man, I salute you, and some of the other comments on here are also LOL funny. THANK YOU for the great laugh. I am still laughing that you got him to say he homo-ed the barrel.

There are lots of new scams ever day be careful. I asked seller for photos with name and date on here and he had a fit . Be careful

Gotta say after reading some of the Posts, over and over,...and over, I feel kinda dirty.

• Haha
    There are lots of new scams ever day be careful. I asked seller for photos with name and date on here and he had a fit . Be careful
    Be careful with this, they are getting better all the time with Photoshop. I had one send a name/date handwritten note photo that took a pretty close look to tell it was shopped.

Do NOT assume a name/date photo means you're all clear!

Reactions: deersniper

Phone 469-806-1107
    email [email protected]

Tell me about the barrel

Will you take $240?

Wickard pissah job!!!