• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WASR-10 AK?

tomcat mv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2011
Just curious why I read so many downer comments on the subject carbine. I have had one for about three years now and it is a reliable(and surprisingly accurate) weapon. I admit it ain't pretty but I have cleaned up the furniture and sanded/polished some rough spots. It came with the Tapco G2 trigger which is not too bad and the mags don't wobble as long as I use the full metal com-bloc ones and it eats cheap Russian ammo all day. sure, it only shoots minute of pie-plate at 200 yds. but what the hell, it's an AK.

Re: WASR-10 AK?

Because Century did a shitty job on a bunch of em. Luckily mine has no cant and no mag wobble. Since I'm a tall guy I put black synthetic furniture on it. The rear stock is an inch or so longer, makes it a lot better to shoot. Mine eats anything and everything, no issues with ammo. It's an AK and does what an AK should, makes noise!

The honest, no bullshit about it, reason a lot of people like to shit on them is because they can't bring themselves to accept the fact that a $300-400 rifle does the exact same thing, and does it just as well, as their Arsenals or other big $$$ AKs do.

I have owned several Wasrs over the years, and have never experienced any major problems. One had a canted front sight post which was an easy fix.

People claim Century had all kinds of problems assemling these, but honestly, the main complaint people had about the "problems" with the Century AKs were mag wobble (which I have experienced to some extent in most AKs I have used regardless of brand) and the front sight post being misaligned, which is a simple fix.

Yes, there were some other problems with them here and there, but from what I have seen, heard and read, they were ramdom incidences here or there, like any gun manufacturer has.

Like you said, they ain't the prettiest guns, but then again, who the fuck buys an AK as a safe queen? These are tools meant to be used and used hard.

Mine had no cant and no mag wobble either so I guess we both lucked out. The only thing I did was put a rubber butt extension on mine like I have done to all my SKS's cause I am 6'-2" with long arms. Speaking of the SKS, I have four, two Yugo's, a chi-com and original Russian. The Ruskie is hands down, way better made and more accurate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The honest, no bullshit about it, reason a lot of people like to shit on them is because they can't bring themselves to accept the fact that a $300-400 rifle does the exact same thing, and does it just as well, as their Arsenals or other big $$$ AKs do.

I have owned several Wasrs over the years, and have never experienced any major problems. One had a canted front sight post which was an easy fix.

People claim Century had all kinds of problems assemling these, but honestly, the main complaint people had about the "problems" with the Century AKs were mag wobble (which I have experienced to some extent in most AKs I have used regardless of brand) and the front sight post being misaligned, which is a simple fix.

Yes, there were some other problems with them here and there, but from what I have seen, heard and read, they were ramdom incidences here or there, like any gun manufacturer has.

Like you said, they ain't the prettiest guns, but then again, who the fuck buys an AK as a safe queen? These are tools meant to be used and used hard. </div></div>

I love it. Safe queen! shoot I didn't think it would qualify as a Montana, throw it behind the seat of the the pick-up gun!
grin.gif

Lots of rounds down mine and works 100% over the past 10 years. Hit's what it's aimed at too. No downside here.