• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Watch this Video or Else !

Some minor confusion about the 25% distance ratio. At one point, the numbers mentioned appeared (to me, anyway) to be a 20% ratio. Am I confused?

Another point not (I guess) covered was what sort pf target diameters are you shooting at given the various distances. Can we be enlightened on this?

Greg

..or else....?

Is cringing appropriate?

My Vudoo shoots everything well except Eley. I have tried many different types of ammo and it prefers RWS R50 or Lapua Midas M, it also shot well with SK Jagd Rifle Match. I just picked up a vintage case of Federal Gold Medal Benchrest but haven't been to the range to try it yet.

Reactions: powdahound76
Frank,

Great video. If you were me and starting done the long range 22LR road, would you start with a Voodoo? Which one?

Or something less spendy, like a Tikka or CZ?

Frank,

Great video. If you were me and starting done the long range 22LR road, would you start with a Voodoo? Which one?

Or something less spendy, like a Tikka or CZ?

for the money they want for those rifles, I see no personal reason for it... a $3,000 22lr seems like buying a ferrari with an inline 4 cylinder engine pushing 125hp... why? if you are going to buy a long range sniper piece of hardware, get one that is capable of doing more than stroking your ego by punching paper... just my opinion.... very very limited market.... and if the notion is that it can teach you critical long range skills, you can get to the 75% line on that topic by looking for a Remington 513T and putting a Leu 3-9 EFR on it for a total package a mere small fraction of the cost..

Ok i watch it great video...,now what..now i'm gonna have to go out and by a damn 22LR since i have 8k rnds sitting around.:unsure:😀

Going to have to try this next time Im out in the desert. My .22's aren't fancy but with a good scope I bet its a blast.

PCP air rifle is another awesome training tool.

I found my stash of 22lr.

With a nicely upgraded 10-22, a very mundane and ancient Savage MKII, and a recent S&W M&P Shield 22LR Compact, I think it's time to step over to the 22lr Dark Side. Nuttin fancy, just honing the skills with less noise and expense, and without needing to seek out a vast expanse.

....And, I'm pretty much o/o handloading components, too...

Greg