• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Watch your mailboxes, people.

Basher

I fly stuff and I know things.
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2004
Lafayette IN, USA
Some asshole stole the Kidd trigger I bought here out of my mailbox this past Saturday. I didn’t get tracking info until the Monday after, presumably because Verizon also sucks donkey balls, but when I checked it, it showed the trigger was delivered Saturday at 2:10. I got home from the store less than 20min after and checked the mail. It was empty. So somebody saw the mail guy put a box in there, then waited for him to drive down the road and stole my package.

I don’t swear much, and certainly not like this, but... Fuck thieves, and the horse they rode in on! There’s $300 down the tube because some shit for brains decided stealing my mail was the OK thing to do. :mad::mad::mad:

Now that I’ve confirmed it’s been stolen, what should I do? We’re going to get a PO Box for large/expensive packages now, but should I file a report with the post office? If it was stolen off my porch, that’s one thing, but my understanding is that taking it from the mailbox is a federal crime/felony. Do I open a case somewhere to start a file in case it happens with something else again?

Hate to say it, but I believe unless you have insurance on the package you’re SOL. Can file a claim with USPS and they will file it and sit on their ass.

Really sucks man. Sorry to see such a shit bag lives so close to you

FYI USPS is balls. I have had at least 3 packages in the last 6 months show as delivered and were not. They miraculously showed up days later, some on my doorstep (meaning they put it in the wrong box and the neighbor that got it was nice enough to bring to me). Maybe give it a day or two, as much as that sucks, hopefully it will show.

FYI USPS is balls. I have had at least 3 packages in the last 6 months show as delivered and were not. They miraculously showed up days later, some on my doorstep (meaning they put it in the wrong box and the neighbor that got it was nice enough to bring to me). Maybe give it a day or two, as much as that sucks, hopefully it will show.

It’s been five days now. I don’t have anything left but time... 🤣

That's the one thing with this whole layoff thing is that I've gotten good at identifying the mail truck, UPS truck, and FedEx truck by sound of the engine and immediate go grab stuff. I'm by the front door in my office crunching out job apps every day so I get first crack at it.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Now that I’ve confirmed it’s been stolen, what should I do? We’re going to get a PO Box for large/expensive packages now, but should I file a report with the post office? If it was stolen off my porch, that’s one thing, but my understanding is that taking it from the mailbox is a federal crime/felony. Do I open a case somewhere to start a file in case it happens with something else again?
  1. Print or take a screenshot of the delivered notice on the USPS website and make sure you expand the history or details of delivery.
  2. You need to call Kidd and report it. Kidd sent the package via USPS. USPS will not take direction from you as their contract is with Kidd. Hopefully, the package was insured.
USPS just lost one of my packages that was purchased by another Hide member. I filed the lost claim report and was paid in 1 week plus my postage refunded. My package was insured though

1. Print or take a screenshot of the delivered notice on the USPS website and make sure you expand the history or details of delivery.
  2. You need to call Kidd and report it. Kidd sent the package via USPS. USPS will not take direction from you as their contract is with Kidd. Hopefully, the package was insured.
USPS just lost one of my packages that was purchased by another Hide member. I filed the lost claim report and was paid in 1 week plus my postage refunded. My package was insured though

It was purchased off the Hide, so Kidd doesn’t have anything to do with it, unfortunately. To my knowledge, the seller stated he didn’t purchase insurance, and once it’s been delivered, it’s out of USPS’ wheelhouse as far as their responsibility to it, yes?

Go to the Post office and give them the tracking number. They can look it up and see if it was delivered to your box or not. As soon as the bar code is scanned it will record the GPS location and they can pull that up on Google earth.

Reactions: Basher
Get a locking mailbox. Make it tougher on the scumbags.

We’re going PO Box. That way larger packages that don’t fit don’t also get left on the porch. If the thieves figure out what it is in the box, they can safely assume I have other gun parts/valuables coming. Having them held at the post office in the PO Box or behind the counter if it doesn’t fit is an added level of safety.

Go to the Post office and give them the tracking number. They can look it up and see if it was delivered to your box or not. As soon as the bar code is scanned it will record the GPS location and they can pull that up on Google earth.

That’s what I did today. It was delivered in the box. My actual postman stopped by within ten minutes of me getting home from the post office and we talked for a bit. Nice guy, but he dropped it off in my box, so it’s out of his hands, literally and figuratively.

It was purchased off the Hide, so Kidd doesn’t have anything to do with it, unfortunately. To my knowledge, the seller stated he didn’t purchase insurance, and once it’s been delivered, it’s out of USPS’ wheelhouse as far as their responsibility to it, yes?
If the package wasn't insured, there is still a minimum that they will pay. However, it goes to the shipper and not you. You have to get a refund from the shipper.

I refunded the money to the buyer that I was paid but I was reimbursed by USPS since the package was insured when I sent it

If the package wasn't insured, there is still a minimum that they will pay. However, it goes to the shipper and not you. You have to get a refund from the shipper.

I refunded the money I was paid for my transaction here but I was reimbursed by USPS since the package was insured when I sent it

They’ll cover it even after delivery? I thought once they delivered it, that was the end of their responsibility.

What mostshooter said IF your delivery driver is honest. I had a package from the hide coming on Monday. I waited patiently and had signed up for text alerts. Well I got one that said “delivered, handed to individual at address”. Thought to myself, I’m the only one home, so called the PO and she said well maybe he just logged it in the system as delivered and just hasn’t made it to you yet. Long story short, I filed a complaint because if the delivery person did that and then took package home, it would show delivered to me in the system. Wouldn’t hurt to double check the honesty of the delivery person.

Reactions: Badfinger
That has happened several times to me recently. It shows delivered but nothing actually is. I have had to call the post office and have them track it down. Every time but once they actually delivered it 4-5 days later. The one time it didn’t the company I purchased it from resent the order and I got it.

After we pay the deductible, no? Maybe I’ll give them a call to verify...
In ohio it's like a comp claim no deductible.
Worth a try you never know.
If not get a police report and write it off on taxes as a thief/loss

My mail man forged my signature on a package delivery last week. Luckily the package was still there when I got home.

• Wow
Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
Someone stole a box of 1000 pieces of 10mm brass off my doorstep once. Thought it was funny knowing they would have no use for it, until my claim was sorted out and the brass was on backorder for 2 months.

Attachments

• 2B64ABB7-BD5D-4EE3-8039-88D3343FFB6B.jpeg
    2B64ABB7-BD5D-4EE3-8039-88D3343FFB6B.jpeg
    926.7 KB · Views: 57
Ive has usps and fedex both say a package was delivered, but it wasnt. I pushed on them with some logic and finally it magically appeared. Usps is especially bad with this. I had a signature required package that no showed, but showed delivered. They tried to tell me it was delivered to the front door and signed for. I asked to see the signature and of course, it was blank. so they said we will find out. 3 days go by and i hear NOTHING, so i go down to usps and demand info. They said “oh, its in your mail box”. To which I replied “ my signature required package got signed by my mailbox?!? “

I shipped a package through fedex with insurance, guy says it never came. I check the tracking and it says delivered and said on the front porch. Dude starts to get pissed saying I didn’t ship his stuff and i owe him a refund. I told him to fuck off, had picks of it in the package at fedex with that tracking. 5 days later he apologizes and said fedex fucked up and dropped it at a neighbors.

Usps package was supposed to ship to me, showed delivered and never came. Odd, so i asked for proof of delivery, they showed me a pic of it in front of a house, but not mine, it was at my parents OLD house that i never lived in! Turns out, dude wrote the address wrong and they delivered it to someone in the area with the same last name. Mind you they had moved a year before, but no longer there. I went and it was still on the porch. I took it.

We’re going PO Box. That way larger packages that don’t fit don’t also get left on the porch. If the thieves figure out what it is in the box, they can safely assume I have other gun parts/valuables coming. Having them held at the post office in the PO Box or behind the counter if it doesn’t fit is an added level of safety.
Good move, Ive had a POBox for 40 years. Another tip, for Fed Ex and UPS you can ask them to hold packages at the location so you can pick them up at your convenience. Safer that way.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Good move, Ive had a POBox for 40 years. Another tip, for Fed Ex and UPS you can ask them to hold packages at the location so you can pick them up at your convenience. Safer that way.
^This.
If the option is available, I always do the “hold at location” for important purchases or ones I don’t want to leave to chance.

Reactions: Maggot
I moved to my current house and PO wanted me to put a mailbox ON the sidewalk! Everyone else has a mailbox next to their door. They said "we're updating" or some shit. Nobody else is doing it. So I'd be the only one stupid enough to actually put a mailbox ON the sidewalk. Near a school. So every kid walking by can loot it.

I don't even trust the by the door or the porch. I have a PO box and I send Fedex and UPS packages there.

If it comes to the door I have it sent signature delivery. If they leave it and don't get the signature and it get stolen, that's on them not me. Fuck me over and don't pay me and I'll figure out some other way to get my money out of you.

PO box is the only way to go. Get the smallest one, most shit won't fit anyway and they'll just put 'em on a shelf and put a reminder card in your box.

In the rare cases I have to have it sent to the house, like the suppressor I'm waiting on, I make sure I'm here when it gets here. I've had Fedex/UPS leave expensive "evil semi auto" rifles on the front porch for anyone to just take. I've had 'em shot put max weight boxes full of powder and primers with huge hazmat/explosive labels on 'em, wanna say that's around 50 or 70lbs of boom --I caught him doing that and told him if we both survived I'd make sure he wouldn't. Leaving $3000 scopes on the side of the road in the dark, in the rain, 100m from the front door (luckily it was hidden in the brush well enough that nobody stole it, because it sat out there two days). Damn them.

USPS is still the best way to go, but gotta have that PO box. You CAN get a locked mailbox and give the mailman a key if like though.

Some asshole stole the Kidd trigger I bought here out of my mailbox this past Saturday. I didn’t get tracking info until the Monday after, presumably because Verizon also sucks donkey balls, but when I checked it, it showed the trigger was delivered Saturday at 2:10. I got home from the store less than 20min after and checked the mail. It was empty. So somebody saw the mail guy put a box in there, then waited for him to drive down the road and stole my package.

I don’t swear much, and certainly not like this, but... Fuck thieves, and the horse they rode in on! There’s $300 down the tube because some shit for brains decided stealing my mail was the OK thing to do. :mad::mad::mad:

That sucks

They used to say that simply putting a cover over your Motorcycle reduced the chances of theft something like 70%. I have a container on my front doorstep marked for packages. 99% end up in there. Out of sight out of mind.......

I miss my old postman.

Once had a rifle coming back from LRI.

He noted the shipper and swung back by at the end of his route to drop it off, knowing I wouldnt want to wait to pick it up.

He was cool with packages and would deliver them to the back porch so no one would see them.

He got a nice Christmas gift every year.

Sorry @Basher, totally blows.

Reactions: Holliday
Well damn Basher. I'm sorry to hear about your trigger. I hope you can get some kind of satisfaction out of it, by filing with the USPS, or something. Sounds like you've gotten some good advice in here.

I stopped having my packages delivered to my home a long time ago. I don't trust anyone. I'm lucky enough to have a boss that doesn't mind me having packages delivered to my office. I get everything, and I mean everything, delivered there, parts, ammo, rocks, powder, primers, etc. I even had my Garand and my M1 Carbine delivered to my office from CMP. It gets really busy around here at Christmas. :LOL: You should see the girls's faces at the front desk when they have to sign for a package marked "EXPLOSIVE". :LOL:

Government employees. The problem isn't a shortage of good ones...the problem is you can't get rid of the bad ones. Anybody that has tried knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Sorry to hear, OP. I hate thieves. I had a Xmas gift stolen a few years back of some homemade Italian baked goods and “grape juice”. I hope the sunbitch who stole it enjoyed that juice, it puts your dick in the dirt reallll quick.

I’m hating my community mailbox less and less these days. I have had a number of signature required packages left in the community mailbox parcel locker this year.

I have a ring camera on my front door. Last hear I was getting a new iPad delivered and it was signature required. The FedEx guy rang the bell, I wasn’t home but answered on the camera. I asked him to redirect to the local FedEx kinkos location, he instead offered to sign (forge) my name and leave the package while on camera. I couldn’t believe he was that dumb. I let him do it figuring if the box were stolen I wouldn’t have an issue getting FedEx to pay for it.

Incredibly, but in 11 years of me shipping orders by USPS (way more than 10,000+ packages) I only lost one package shipped to the U.S. address, and it was a technical issue. Timing of delivery could be sometimes wrong, but still, it was 99.99% reliable. Another package, which was lost, was shipped to Italy, which, by the way, is a horrible place to ship to by USPS - Italy's postal service is super bad...