• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We all know that one guy...

Re: We all know that one guy...

he filmed a lot of his stuff in Asia

Don't let them bring in stupid law's the biggest problem over here is all the different shooting organisations are not united if we were united and looked out for each other I think we would have a much better chance at getting some decent law's .

As it is pistol shooter don't care about trap shooter's and trap shooters don't care about rifle shooter's .

and then it brakes down even further SSAA dose not care about NRA .

I my mind SSAA is the biggest sell out there is it use to be run by shooter's but not so much any more .

.. SSAA = sporting shooters association of Australia ..

you can get just about any thing in Au if you have the money .

you can still get a licence to own an AR15 but it will cost you

have a look thru this site AR 15 $11000 Ruger mini 14 $3900

http://usedguns.com.au/used_guns_whats_new.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Gulp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"@Gulp.
What part of Queensy did you live in? Most of australia is anti-gun but us shooters like to fly under the radar a bit and not give the elitist left-wing anything to work with."

I was all over the State, Yepoon, Brisbane, Nambour, Gold Coast and Toowoomba to name a few.

</div></div>

Lucky you. all the nice places by the sounds of it.
If you ever find yourself down Melbourne way, shoot us a PM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So he's 16yr old? I wish there was a site like this when I was that old! Give him a brake! He is here to learn...just like the rest of us. </div></div>

If he wants to learn, then he can read till his heart's content. He is welcome to.

However, I fail to see what his original post has to do with the learning process. I have no interest in inflating the ego of a teenager who wants to brag about talking down to his gamer classmate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy then begins to say he can reload match grade 25-06, 30-06, and 270 for less than a 50c a round. I openly call shenanigans to everyone else there and outline even ignoring the cost of the press, case prep, tumbler, etc. The components themselves are more than 50 cents. But he insists and even the other people at the range roll their eyes at him.
</div></div>

Why is this a lie? Sounds reasonable. You can not count the cost of the equipment in your finished round cost. How can you know how many cycles it will have over its life? Same goes with brass. Once you shoot it one time it is yours. Then every time you fire it from there on it is free. That first shot is very expensive then the cost goes down to only bullet, powder and primer. My hand loads are just under a buck a shot on my 338LM with shipping. I did some quick math and 308 is about $0.44 per shot with out shipping. So if you buy enough or get a flat rate shipping I can see it being less than 50 cents a shot. </div></div>

I was basing it off of my costs of reloading my 308. The brass is about 10-15c/shot, 175gr SMK @ 30c, 43.5gr RL15 @ 18.75c, and a Federal 210m primer @ 4c. All of that adds up to about 60c/shot for me. I personally did try to factor in how many rounds it would take me to pay off my reloading equipment. Long story short: I don't reload to save money, I reload to increase accuracy.

That being said... I've been holding out on a 338LM because of the reloading cost (I love the ballistics) and would in all seriousness like to know how you're getting match stuff at a dollar. That would mean I could start saving up for an AIAW!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Batyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So he's 16yr old? I wish there was a site like this when I was that old! Give him a brake! He is here to learn...just like the rest of us. </div></div>

If he wants to learn, then he can read till his heart's content. He is welcome to.

However, I fail to see what his original post has to do with the learning process. I have no interest in inflating the ego of a teenager who wants to brag about talking down to his gamer classmate. </div></div>

If you don't like it then ignore it and feel free not to comment. Did the power of christ compel you to have to type something in that reply box? I think not.

It is part of the learning process. He's learning that theres a bunch of jackasses out there. Some dumbass gamer that thinks he knows something about guns would piss me off too and maybe make me want to vent online to a shooting community. Just like people vent about similar instances at gun stores, ranges, whatever every day on line about these types. Is he perfect? Probably not. Does he know everything? Probably not. Is he pretending to be perfect or acting like he knows it all? Absolutely not. Is he trying to learn and associate himself with the shooting community? Absolutely. He's trying to fit in so let him. If you don't like the way he's trying to fit in I'm sure he can take constructive criticism without putting him down or driving him away.

Who gives a flying fuck if its about video games anyway? Its getting them discussing firearms at a young age and creating an interest which is where it all begins. Cut him some slack and don't be such a dick. I'm sure you never flex your ego to your friends either.

I know your "not giving a fuck" but I bet you will give a fuck when the interest in firearms has dried up and the government decides we don't need them anymore. At that point you would only have yourself and people like you to blame for it and I would point my finger too.

This is Australia.

We stopped Probationary drivers from having turbocharged engines for no reason, when we already had an efficient and effective power-to-weight ratio system in place.
We introduced a mandatory 120 hours of registered practice for learner drivers, however there is no verification of this, and your licence hinges on one single test, that is, to be honest, pointless and essentially revolves around whether you can parallel park properly and obey basic road rules, not how you can handle your car in a skid/crash, or anything else constructive.
We call for harsher and a more present police force to combat what is essentially young people having a good time, however, when thugs get arrested for assault, very few of them see any real punishment because there's no room for them in Jail.
We complain about waiting times for Ambulances, despite the fact that most of them will spend hours waiting at hospital to unload patients into Emergency.
One of our major political parties calls for mandatory maximum speed limiting of 50kph, even for interstate highways. Yet none of the people in these parties actually drive, as they all live across the road from parliament and use public transport.

We're a country where a small yet vocal aspect of the populace manages to control a huge majority of the actual political power. They talk of being the "99%" at the protests here in Melbourne, however, they themselves only represent a small portion i like to call the "Elitist Left", a group who have an inflated sense of self-worth, and a surprising ability to remain vocal about an issue they know nearly nothing about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy then begins to say he can reload match grade 25-06, 30-06, and 270 for less than a 50c a round. I openly call shenanigans to everyone else there and outline even ignoring the cost of the press, case prep, tumbler, etc. The components themselves are more than 50 cents. But he insists and even the other people at the range roll their eyes at him.
</div></div>

Why is this a lie? Sounds reasonable. You can not count the cost of the equipment in your finished round cost. How can you know how many cycles it will have over its life? Same goes with brass. Once you shoot it one time it is yours. Then every time you fire it from there on it is free. That first shot is very expensive then the cost goes down to only bullet, powder and primer. My hand loads are just under a buck a shot on my 338LM with shipping. I did some quick math and 308 is about $0.44 per shot with out shipping. So if you buy enough or get a flat rate shipping I can see it being less than 50 cents a shot. </div></div>

I was basing it off of my costs of reloading my 308. The brass is about 10-15c/shot, 175gr SMK @ 30c, 43.5gr RL15 @ 18.75c, and a Federal 210m primer @ 4c. All of that adds up to about 60c/shot for me. I personally did try to factor in how many rounds it would take me to pay off my reloading equipment. Long story short: I don't reload to save money, I reload to increase accuracy.

That being said... I've been holding out on a 338LM because of the reloading cost (I love the ballistics) and would in all seriousness like to know how you're getting match stuff at a dollar. That would mean I could start saving up for an AIAW!! </div></div>

Your doing something wrong. Using some of the best components out there my 308 loads are very close to his figures:

$.06 per loading on Lapua brass. Brass is $.60 each and loads for 13 firings on hot loads so that's figuring it at only 10 firings.
$.32 Lapua 155gr Scenar
$.14 46gr of varget
$.03 WLR primer

That comes to $.55 a round factoring in shipping... and that's using Lapua components. Granted some prices have increase since I bought my last batch of components about a year ago. Bullets are now $324/1000 from powder valley + shipping instead of the $295 I paid. I think The brass has gone up a few bucks too but pwoder and primers remain the same.

As for 338LM loadings for around $1 the figure goes like this:

$.70/bullet for lapua scenar
$.19 brass per firing
$.30 retumbo
$.025 primer

That's at current prices. A year ago it was easy to source the same components that would get you under the $1/round figure so if you are still running on those components you can indeed load for under $1/round.

For all you know the guy at the range could have bought those components 20 years ago which means his actual cost could be under what he told you and he could simply be stating his numbers conservatively.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As for 338LM loadings for around $1 the figure goes like this:

$.70/bullet for lapua scenar
$.19 brass per firing
$.30 retumbo
$.025 primer

That's at current prices. A year ago it was easy to source the same components that would get you under the $1/round figure so if you are still running on those components you can indeed load for under $1/round.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">For all you know the guy at the range could have bought those components 20 years ago which means his actual cost could be under what he told you and he could simply be stating his numbers conservatively.</span> </div></div>

You are correct. He could have bought these components years ago and I did not account for this.

But those prices for the 338LM look amazing. I am relatively new to reloading so how many firings I can get out of a case has not been tested yet (I currently have ~400rds of once/twice fired FGMM). I was expecting the 338LM brass cost to be much much more than that.

So in a word: giggiddy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You are correct. He could have bought these components years ago and I did not account for this.

But those prices for the 338LM look amazing. I am relatively new to reloading so how many firings I can get out of a case has not been tested yet (I currently have ~400rds of once/twice fired FGMM). I was expecting the 338LM brass cost to be much much more than that.

So in a word: giggiddy </div></div>

FGMM brass is very soft. Usually the primer pockets on that brass will loosen up after 5 firings or so but it all depends on your load. I've always used my FGMM brass for subsonic loads and I can normally get 10 loadings out of them, some pieces only 8-9 though. For full power loads Lapua brass is the best choice as long as they make it in the caliber you need. It costs more up front but in the long run it more than pays for itself over any other brass.

I've never had a primer pocket on Lapua brass get loose. 308 and 338 are the only brass of their's I've used so I can't comment on everything else but both the 308 and 338 brass is good for well over 10 loadings regardless of the loads your using. Because of the costs of 338 brass most will shoot the brass until the neck splits which seems to be 13-15 firings for depending on the load. I always ditched mine after 13 firings to be safe and never had a neck split.

So after reading through this thread I feel like saying something.

We were all kids at some point and I'm sure on some level we all were arrogant little duche bags who thought we knew everything. Years past, experience grows, and we learned through a sereis of humbling moments the ever so valuable truth that we don't know everything and that there will always be something new to learn.

So what would of been the best way to approach ourselves when we were young and thought we knew everything?

I honestly don't know the answer to that but as I deal with teens these days I just find a little patience works well and the hope that maybe some day they will pull their head out of their ass.

Micah

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mission_fail</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some people will fool you. I was working the Sight In days for our club a couple days before hunting season.

This out of state hunter shows up from PA starts to pull a brand new Berneli semi auto in 7 WSM he just got from Cabelas as he was passing through Rapid City, and starts to sight it in for his antelope hunt.

I figure this ought to be fun, and I move to his bench just to be on the safe side. I mention to his hunting partner that I did't think it was a good ideal to drive 2000 miles to hunt with a rifle thats never been fired.

His partner laughs, and tells me the real story. This guy does this all the time. Acting all up setthat he forget his rifle. Calls his wife and tells her he needs to buy a rifle to keep from ruining his cross country trip.

He had no problem getting his new rifle zeroed. Later we got to talking and he was trying to figure out what "new" rifle to get the next time he "forgets" his rifle. </div></div>

+1 </div></div>

+2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That being said... I've been holding out on a 338LM because of the reloading cost (I love the ballistics) and would in all seriousness like to know how you're getting match stuff at a dollar. That would mean I could start saving up for an AIAW!!</div></div>

I buy primers in multiple cases at a time. I will buy 50,000 primers at a go or whatever you can get on a has mat sticker. Same with powder order 6 kegs at a time. Sometimes they will waive the has mat or shipping. Then bullets I almost always order on a drop ship or search out for deals. Most places will give you a deal if you order a lot of bullets at one time. I bought 2,000 at one time.

Prices off midwayusa with out shipping
8lbs of H1000 $156.99 cost for 94gr $0.26352
300grSMK 500 $260.99 cost per $0.52198
CCI LRM 1000 30.13 cost per $0.03013

Total cost per shot using your 1X fired brass and no shipping $0.81563 per shot so if you round up it is costing 82 cents per shot for 338LM.

Well, after reading that selfrightous arrogent and pompus rant, I was left thinking that I need to learn how to use the ignore button.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Batyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
True, so why should I deny him a "humbling event" when presented with the opportunity?. </div></div>

I don't know that he's the one that should view this thread as a humbling experience...

I'm 17 too and shoot high power mostly. Lot's of "those guys" always know more than me at the club sight in days cause I'm only a kid. Usually stop getting made fun of when the person I'm helping next to them is sighted-in in a few rounds.

Not pointing any fingers here because I do not believe anyone here is out of line, but why disrespect the kids that know what they're talking about when it comes to rifles? If we (the kids) stop shooting then the sport will be over in a few years.

Just my .02

Back to the funny stories..

The point some of our younger members are struggling with is simple irony.

One 16yr old shooting his mouth off about another 16yr old shooting his mouth off. That's it.

Also, this is in the wrong section for rants. There is a subforum dedicated to this sort of stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The point some of our younger members are struggling with is simple irony.

One 16yr old shooting his mouth off about another 16yr old shooting his mouth off. That's it.

Also, this is in the wrong section for rants. There is a subforum dedicated to this sort of stuff. <span style="color: #FF0000">Also true. OP you should do a little more looking around and reading before posting in the wrong section.</span> </div></div>
If that is me you're referring to I was not shooting my mouth off to anyone. Just to clarify. I was simply pointing out that if kids are "yelled at" or disrespected in general while shooting they will become discouraged. While yes, sometimes when I look at my generation I'm a little afraid that we are the future of the second amendment and shooting sports it is still the truth.

Most of the other kids my age need to suck it up and realize that people older than them know more then the we do. I try to recognize this and use it as constructional criticism. I try my best to respect everyone around me especially through technology because there is no inflection, facial expressions, or anything along those lines.

Just making sure no one took what I said before offensively.

I would like to say before this gets any worse for anyone that I meant no disrespect or hypocrisy by posting this. It was not a me talking down to my peers, it was me pointing out the hilarity between what the video gamers "know" and what is actually correct. I was in no way trying to say that I know everything or anything at all about firearms or lr shooting. If what I said portrayed this I am sorry. I try to speak little and observe much more on this site, as you can tell by my total of apparently < 20 posts. Also, thank you to those speaking up for me! I really appreciate your willingness to help the younger generation!

I was on BLM land shooting today. I had targets set up at 300 350 and 400 Meters. I was shooting my Rem 700 .308.
As I was checking my 300m target a guy rocked up in a red Chevy pick up and rolled down his window. He was about 50 and dressed in black biker clothes. I told him where I was shooting from so he could follow me to the firing line. He said he wanted to see if his scope was still zeroed because he just moved here from Texas. He did not put up any targets on the plywood I had set up, he just followed me to my position. When we got there he pulled out an AR 15 with a huge scope and a bi-pod on it.
I asked him what grain bullet he was using since he was going to be shooting at the 350 and 400 meter pieces of wood. He said he had 162 grain bullets that his son specially loaded for him. He he ejected the magazine to show me and they were identical to the 62gr, green tip perpetrator's. I told him they were the 62 grain not 162 grain but he was sure that he was right. He then told me he had recently killed a hog with these rounds at 700 yards and that they are special rounds... so he shot the 6 foot piece of plywood at 350 meters and I just went back to my rifle and ignored him.

WOW!

Please remember, we are all ignorant-just on different issues.

Whenever I'm shooting(pretty much test fire/zero or training) and see someone that may need help, I try to offer help in a respectful manner. It's everyone's obligation in my opinion to do so. This helps all of us in the long term to better educate new-and even older shooters. On the flip side, if someone offers me advise, I weigh it's merit and if it makes sense, great, if not there's always a civil discussion on the topic to clarify-or maybe point out a correction on that.

My opinion anyhow
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boyscout157</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to say before this gets any worse for anyone that I meant no disrespect or hypocrisy by posting this. It was not a me talking down to my peers, it was me pointing out the hilarity between what the video gamers "know" and what is actually correct. I was in no way trying to say that I know everything or anything at all about firearms or lr shooting. If what I said portrayed this I am sorry. I try to speak little and observe much more on this site, as you can tell by my total of apparently < 20 posts. Also, thank you to those speaking up for me! I really appreciate your willingness to help the younger generation! </div></div>

No worries, kid.
Believe me, I raised an eyebrow at the noob gaming schmeel you started out with and thought "Here we go again......"
Glad to see you hung in there, took it, offered insight, and never got flustered enough to start flinging out insults at people.

Well done. Nice recovery.

Take it all with a grain of salt, thicken up the skin, prowl around and get a feel for the place. The helpers, and the shitheads, will become clear quite quickly.

Now...
Welcome to the Hide, you fucking noob.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Batyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So he's 16yr old? I wish there was a site like this when I was that old! Give him a brake! He is here to learn...just like the rest of us. </div></div>

However, I fail to see what his original post has to do with the learning process. I have no interest in inflating the ego of a teenager who wants to brag about talking down to his gamer classmate. </div></div>

Any different then "talking down" fellow shooters at a gun range? How dare he get on this site and do exactly what every one of this thread is doing. If he was 26, 36, or 46 that makes his worthy of this site? My brother is 16, I'm 27 and he is more skilled with a firearm then a good chunk of people I come across. Relax. I deployed with 18 year olds fresh out of high school, are they worthy of our time on this site? Thats only 2 years older then this kid.

Hang in there Boyscout, I get all the crabby old elk hunters at my range that run their mouth. It's funny 'cause I never see them on long range day, odd. Best of luck, good having young guys on here.

Shouldn't be a surprise because it was at Walmart but a guy was looking for .22 magnum shorts. I thought maybe he meant a LR like a stinger or cci but he pulled a few shorts out of his pocket and said they were 22 magnum shorts. Funny part was the guy working there was checking thru all the boxes to find them. I just walked away.

There is a guy we call tactical vest, that I see there often. As his name implies he shows up wearing a brand new tactical vest, I can tell because its so stiff I think if he took it off and set it down it wouldn't fall over, he seems to have just gone to the gun show and bought whatever he saw. He had an ar with a fake eotech on it, an sks and a pistol grip shotgun. The first time I saw him there he had his vest on along with his designer jeans and boots and brought about 5 friends to shoot all his new stuff. Well he comes over after unpacking all his stuff and asks if i had any .556 ammo... all I could think is "you have 18 pockets on your vest and never thought to put some ammo in a couple!" good thing he remembered the vest! I told him no, I was shooting my ar in 6.8 but I don't think he understood and was getting frustrated because he thought I was lying to him about having ammo.

He proceded to annihilate the 15yd. target(why bother putting a target up at all?) with the shotgun and shower the guy next to him with steel cases from the sks...must have shot 300rds.

I overheard him telling his friends, as we were leaving, about people who use bipods(probably aimed at me, i was shooting off a bipod, testing 6.8 loads through a chronograph) are not good shots and how he doesn't need a bipod to shoot well. That was the day he earned his name. I just laughed. We still see him almost weekly, always with new crap..... including a gun with a bipod a couple weeks later!

My schrapnel wound and bullet scars keep these types away for the most part.

Most all of those guys are the same, what they have is gold, what you have is crap. I hate those guys.
Clean out your head gear, you might learn something. I know I learn something every time that I talk to someone who knows more than I do. and thats a lot of people. :eek:)

I know more than some, and less than others. The person that knows very little about firearms, and asks questions is fine with me. The person who knows very little about firearms, and thinks he's an expert is the person I have contention with.

I had a guy tell me that they won't let him shoot his AK at the range. I asked him why, he said that it was too powerful. I just nodded and bit my tongue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilmore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My schrapnel wound and bullet scars keep these types away for the most part. </div></div>

So do you hang out at the range naked? That would be the only way anyone could see my bullet wounds... and that would scare them off for sure. LOL!

Where in Utah are you? I am in Provo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boyscout157</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...that thinks he knows everything about guns. For me it's the kid in my homeroom class that brags about his kill streak on "COD" and refers to the AUG as the "ogg". He also thinks this is the ultimate weapon, and refers to any others as "for noobs". He thinks iron sights are better than scopes because all scopes do (apparently) is cut down on your vision field. He hunts with a M700 or M70, he doesn't seem to know, with iron sights. It may be a 700 CDL, which I don't believe comes with iron sights... I am not against them, I just think they go better on a semi-auto or at least a lever action. Anyways, most blasphemous of all, he hates snipers, aka "campers" because they kill him too often when he "respawns". I try to not talk guns around Dylan...
Do you know anyone like this??? </div></div>Sounds like Dylan spends too much time in the virtual world and not enough time in the real world to me. I would not even waist my time talking guns with someone who does not shoot for real. JMHO.
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kvwpwr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a guy we call tactical vest, that I see there often. As his name implies he shows up wearing a brand new tactical vest, I can tell because its so stiff I think if he took it off and set it down it wouldn't fall over, he seems to have just gone to the gun show and bought whatever he saw. He had an ar with a fake eotech on it, an sks and a pistol grip shotgun. The first time I saw him there he had his vest on along with his designer jeans and boots and brought about 5 friends to shoot all his new stuff. Well he comes over after unpacking all his stuff and asks if i had any .556 ammo... all I could think is "you have 18 pockets on your vest and never thought to put some ammo in a couple!" good thing he remembered the vest! I told him no, I was shooting my ar in 6.8 but I don't think he understood and was getting frustrated because he thought I was lying to him about having ammo.

He proceded to annihilate the 15yd. target(why bother putting a target up at all?) with the shotgun and shower the guy next to him with steel cases from the sks...must have shot 300rds.

I overheard him telling his friends, as we were leaving, about people who use bipods(probably aimed at me, i was shooting off a bipod, testing 6.8 loads through a chronograph) are not good shots and how he doesn't need a bipod to shoot well. That was the day he earned his name. I just laughed. We still see him almost weekly, always with new crap..... including a gun with a bipod a couple weeks later! </div></div>

this was great!!!!

on a new note... i cant wait for MW3!! yeah i play, but i also shoot in real life.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to hear about your crazy gun laws in Australia. We're trying to follow suit here in the USA....won't be too too long now.

Question for you though: Are you familiar with the singer Steve Lee from Australia? If so, he has a music video for the song "I like guns". It shows him in Australia with ALL KINDS of guns I didn't think you could have...like AR15s, M60s etc etc.

How did he get guns like that in Australia? </div></div>

I think he visited over your way

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kvwpwr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a guy we call tactical vest, that I see there often. As his name implies he shows up wearing a brand new tactical vest, I can tell because its so stiff I think if he took it off and set it down it wouldn't fall over, he seems to have just gone to the gun show and bought whatever he saw. He had an ar with a fake eotech on it, an sks and a pistol grip shotgun. The first time I saw him there he had his vest on along with his designer jeans and boots and brought about 5 friends to shoot all his new stuff. Well he comes over after unpacking all his stuff and asks if i had any .556 ammo... all I could think is "you have 18 pockets on your vest and never thought to put some ammo in a couple!" good thing he remembered the vest! I told him no, I was shooting my ar in 6.8 but I don't think he understood and was getting frustrated because he thought I was lying to him about having ammo.

I overheard him telling his friends, as we were leaving, about people who use bipods(probably aimed at me, i was shooting off a bipod, testing 6.8 loads through a chronograph) are not good shots and how he doesn't need a bipod to shoot well. That was the day he earned his name. I just laughed. We still see him almost weekly, always with new crap..... including a gun with a bipod a couple weeks later!</div></div>

I would have said I do have some but they are reloads and a person is not to exchange ammo when it is reloads. Sorry.

I was sighting in my 06 one day at "the range" (a common shooting spot in the desert) and I heard/felt the concussion of something big. About 3 yards from where I was shooting some guy had a .50. I inquired about his setup and it was a conversion that uses an AR lower, but the upper was a bolt action .50. Seemed like a lsick setup with potential. He was complaining of having issues with getting it zero'd. He asked me if I would shoot it to see if it was him of if it was the rifle. He had a 55 gallon drum at about 500 yards and a target at 100. I took a shot at the 100 and it hit dead center. Looked good there, so I went to set the power lower on the scope to spot my shot at the drum and low and behold the whole rear of the scope wiggled. I hadnt taken time to look over the whole rifle when I realized this guy took a $900 AR, attached a $2600 conversion upper, and mounted a $99 NCStar scope with the same brand rings. The crosspin for the rear ring that is pressed in apparently pulled out. I wouldnt put that stuff on my .22 let alone a damn .50.
Other fun range visits include having .45ACP rounds wiz over and by my head because someone set their target up facing the wrong direction, someone else deciding that 2lbs of tannerite @ 40 yds "can't be that bad". My personal favorite was my friend taking his roommate shooting the first time and when his roommate got out of the car he wanted to pass his joint to me as his offer of friendship. There were several of us, most off duty law enforcement. We made him sit of a rock by himself, and he was not allowed to touch a gun. I will not get into details on why he was compelled to listen, but I will say his first trip to the range was not what he expected.