• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We haven't done a rimfire challenge in a while .

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    Was just thimkin it's been some time since I publicly humiliated myself with a rimfire rifle . Who's gonna git this started ? What target ? I'm thinking fifty yards . Gives me an excuse to pay my club dues and get outdoors .

3F80B910-86B4-407B-8F38-35C35A35D50B.jpeg

Thanks for alerting me @MtnCreek.

I havent had my little guns out in a while.

Something iron sighted (bigger target black) or something scoped (little bitty targets)?

Like the idea of 5x5 or make it an even box of 50, 10 groups of 5, so that you get an idea of what the rifle is actually capable of and can see it clearly.

With dot drills its tougher to visualize how the gun stacks bullets.

My relics and surplus Remington 40 grainers await your challenge.

I am in!! I vote 50 yrds...little holes. Do I get a handicap for drifting snow?

Reactions: Dewey7271
    In. Let us know how his works. My 1936 Remmy is itching to put out some groups. As is the 54 model.

I think PmMcClaine nailed it . 50 rounds . 10 5 shot groups . I'm gonna use these but I would think that any NRA .22 target would suffice . If my groups actually turn out to be respectable I will have the RO sign it . If not I will just post for comic relief

Reactions: Velocity Chad
    Scopes, irons, either, one of each - more shooting!

My eyes need something like the A23 for shooting with a peep.

For scope targets are plentiful.

Nice if we had a designated target so its easier to compare.

At 50 yards easy enough to run 10 A23's off the xerox machine and hang them all up on one or two boards at my local range.

If using a scope how about picking one of the dot drill with one inch circles and at least 10 targets on one page. Both the data book cover makers have a sticky on site here with their targets.

There are some really good shooters here I think they will find the A22 and a 1 inch dot huge at 50 yards though.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    How do you like these targets?

A23 target for Irons.

1/2 inch dot drill for scopes.

Both should print on 8.5 x 11 paper.

Attachments

• A23Target.pdf
      14.4 KB · Views: 67
    • halfinchdotdrill.pdf
      44.4 KB · Views: 82
    Newbie Q - there are 15 dots. Is that 15 shots? 45?

Use only 10 dots and shoot a group of 5 on each.

It will give an indication of how well your gun groups.

I just hold center on the dot. I realize it degrades the aim point (if things are going well it does anyway) but this seems pretty informal, someone will get bragging rights out of it, I just want to see some cool .22 rifle pictures.

Ok. Position?

Shooter preference.

I usually shoot after work and it kind of limits how down in the dirt I can get.

My rifle picture will indicate a bench and bags front and rear.

It will give me an excuse when I shoot like shit - "If I could have only gone prone......"

Reactions: jungle45 and Rthur
    Would like to get this ball rolling.
    Looked outside and it's a cluster of freezing rain, snow, sleet.

P, are we measuring these groups ctc or edge/edge or not at all?

R

If you can shoot those with irons - I salute you.

My eyes suck.

Ill need the A23 when I use the iron sighted gun.
    I’m 20/40 in both. No iron sights for me unless it’s on a steel plate. ?

Waiting on a new pin for the savage. Should arrive tomorrow. Then I’ll give it a go.

Would like to get this ball rolling.
    Looked outside and it's a cluster of freezing rain, snow, sleet.

P, are we measuring these groups ctc or edge/edge or not at all?

R

If you shoot a group that you find really amazing, by all means measure.

My goal is all shots touching so a 1.12 group while within my goal likely wont impress the real .22 shooters here.

Reactions: Rthur
    I'd be game when the weather changes, 29* snowing and windy doesn't agree with my older hands.

As for the Vudoo suggestions, do it and don't look back.

Reactions: Rthur
    I think I'm going to have to get involved in this one. I've got a couple guns to run this with that should be decent.

Is group size average the only goal or is impact distance from center of POA a concern as well?

Makes no difference to me, just have to fine tune zeros before shooting for record is all..

Im just shooting it for fun unless I shoot way above my skill level and it looks like I can lord it over somebody for once.

If that happens down side will be I can never participate in one of these again.

Post picture of rifle with any details you are proud of and do tell what ammo you used*.

*Extra credit if you use reloads.

Didn’t we do A23 last time? When does this need to be done. I am in CA until 2/17

We did A23 when that retarded Brit was on here talking shit.

Im game for something else.

My scoped .22 can "see" just about any size target at 50 yards.

Something is wrong with my iron sighted guns though...."they" can only "see" celestial sized black circles......and "they" need glasses to do that....weird.

We did A23 when that retarded Brit was on here talking shit.

Im game for something else.

My scoped .22 can "see" just about any size target at 50 yards.

Something is wrong with my iron sighted guns though...."they" can only "see" celestial sized black circles......and "they" need glasses to do that....weird.
    We must use the same iron sighted .22 rifle...LOL

Which to use...?

A 10/22 perhaps?
    DF211637-490E-415F-B5E5-ABB95F861015.jpeg

A savage?
    9DD2E1BA-AB7B-40BA-B8B8-1B15FA5E905A.jpeg

Or should I be “ that” guy...?

39FF440A-79ED-4B8F-880B-E7C576542874.jpeg

Attachments

• 70F6A2F1-8887-4C2C-8221-D30010EFA38D.jpeg
      70F6A2F1-8887-4C2C-8221-D30010EFA38D.jpeg
      364 KB · Views: 18