• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We lost a good Marine Sunday morning

Genius.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2012
West Michigan
I'm new to this site, I'm more of a lurker than poster, but I have to get this off my shoulders.

Dan Price "Junior" was my best friend, more than friends, more like brothers. I got the call Sunday evening and still can't grasp it... Even though I know he is in a better place and he died doing what he loved and he wouldn't have wanted to go out any other way.

I knew him since grade school, then started working for my family on our farm at the age of 12. He never knew what failier was, everything he did he excelled at, he wouldn't allow failier and did not know the phrase "I quit". When he told me he was going to join the Corps and become a Recon Marine there was not a doubt in my mind that he would make it. He did.

Every school he went through he excelled at, and from what I understood usually in the top few spots.

If he wasn't overseas he was at a different school of some sort. One of his first schools after Recon was Scout Sniper training. Of course passed. His dream from day one was to not only join Force Recon, but be a Recon sniper. He never made it to Force, but when MARSOC started up he joined up with them in 08 I believe.

Last July he took a ricochet to the knee cap. He fought like hell in therapy and of course got his knee back in shape to get back out there.

If any of you are men of prayer please pray for his wife, family and my family. He was like my brother and like my parents second son. Also pray for his buddy who is coming home with him, John. John grew up a few miles away from us, Dan and John did not know each other. They met each other in Recon school, became friends and the rest was history. They went through about every school together and every deployment together. This has to be hard on him too.

Here is the news link to our local station.

http://touch.woodtv.com/10023/4254702/

Here is one from the Marine Times

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/mobile/n...hanistan-073012

Rest in Peace Junior

Re: We lost a good Marine Sunday morning

Prayers will go out to his family.
I appreciate your friends service and will not forget.

I have always had respect for anyone in uniform,

But to you Marines, the way you guys open up to your own just amazes me. The local Marines in our area are just surrounding his family, and the marines over in California on base are surrounding his wife...

The comrodery just amazes me. Right now actions speek louder than words. And his Brothers are doing a amazing job surrounding the family.

It's something after seeing all this I regret never signing on with him. It will be a regret I have for the rest of my life...

RIP Junior and deepest thanks for your service.

Gosh he looks so familiar, I might have served with him on a deployment in 07'? I hate hearing about this. R.I.P. brother.

edit: yup sure did, 13th MEU 2007 Al anbar, Iraq. You and yours are in my prayers.

RIP Marine! Thank you for your service and your life. There are some of us out here at really appreciate it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gosh he looks so familiar, I might have served with him on a deployment in 07'? I hate hearing about this. R.I.P. brother.

edit: yup sure did, 13th MEU 2007 Al anbar, Iraq. You and yours are in my prayers. </div></div>

I have a pic of him and a few other guys from that deployment posing with Chuck Noris. You wouldn't happen to be one of those too would you have?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biggenius29</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gosh he looks so familiar, I might have served with him on a deployment in 07'? I hate hearing about this. R.I.P. brother.

edit: yup sure did, 13th MEU 2007 Al anbar, Iraq. You and yours are in my prayers. </div></div>

I have a pic of him and a few other guys from that deployment posing with Chuck Noris. You wouldn't happen to be one of those too would you have?</div></div>
No I wasn't in his platoon, we worked with his platoon during an operation north of Karmah. Him and his platoon lived at our PB for a while.

I deployed with Dan on the 13th MEU to Iraq in 2007. He was a stellar Marine and an all-round good guy. It's an honor to have known him.
My condolences to his family. Rest In Peace Dan Price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMTeam4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I deployed with Dan on the 13th MEU to Iraq in 2007. He was a stellar Marine and an all-round good guy. It's an honor to have known him.

</div></div>

I am sure he was a hell of a Marine,

I know he was one hell of a friend. There is a deep hole, that will never be filled.

But, I know he died doing what he loved, and from the sounds of it he was in the shit. He always said if he goes he wants to go out fighting. He did

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biggenius29</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMTeam4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I deployed with Dan on the 13th MEU to Iraq in 2007. He was a stellar Marine and an all-round good guy. It's an honor to have known him.

</div></div>

I am sure he was a hell of a Marine,

I know he was one hell of a friend. There is a deep hole, that will never be filled.

But, I know he died doing what he loved, and from the sounds of it he was in the shit. He always said if he goes he wants to go out fighting. He did </div></div>

Dan was well respected in the scout sniper community and was a Marine who led by example.
He will be missed by many.