• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weatherby Fibreguard .308

Helix

Private
Minuteman
May 22, 2009
Australia
I am very close to signing on the dotted line for a good deal that includes a Weatherby Fibreguard .308 with a Leupold 4-12X scope. I was just wondering if I could get any last minute reviews if anyone has, or knows anyone who has, had experience with this rifle or weatherby's/.308's in general. I plan on using it for hunting pigs, goats and deer with the occasional shot at varmints.

Re: Weatherby Fibreguard .308

Weatherby makes some nice rifles, just not exactly the types of rifles popular on this board. I am not familiar with a Fibreguard, have never heard of them. What kind of price range is it?

Re: Weatherby Fibreguard .308

This is probably a Vanguard with synthetic furniture. The Vanguard is a Howa 1500 action. Howas are good actions and very popular in Europe as a base rifle. EGW and (I think) NEAR make Pic rails for them. It should serve you well for your stated uses.