• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weatherby Mark XXII - Bolt Action - Made in Germany

I've been thinking about this, but not a fan of the AO...if it was side focus I'd already have one. 12.1 oz.

Reactions: nikonNUT

Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 Ballistic Turret Plex Reticle Riflescope​

Side focus, 15.9 ounces. Problem solved, problem staying solved! :LOL:

Last edited:
I would hazard a guess and say this one?
View attachment 7794600
There's a semi auto on gun broker that has that scope with it. In the rifle description it says:

"Never shot imaculate Weatherby Mark XXII. Comes with a brand new Weatherby 4x50 scope, never opened or mounted before. Also have two magazines. Have original paperwork shown in pictures. Serial #: J-37007 manufactured 1967-1971. If you have further questions don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thanks for looking! "

Reactions: nikonNUT
Apparently they are undesirable. I'm shocked! Will be interesting to see what the final bid is. Pretty sure mine will stay where it is.

undesirable.jpg

It went for a good bit less than I was expecting. Might as well put a scope on mine and shoot it.
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 8.44.29 PM.png

I went ahead and bought a Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x33 EFR and a set of Warne Mountain Tech "low" rings, and put it on. Still haven't shot it, but it feels good in the hand. The scope is NICE...especially for $369 (open box) from CameralandNY...the Leupold flip up covers have gone up in price quite a bit, they are $100 each now, a few months ago I bought another set for $56 each. 6# 13.3oz on the scale, without a mag.

I put a spent case in the chamber and pulled the trigger, it's pretty good...not as good as a lot of other triggers I have, and I know it can be adjusted, but I didn't mess with it.

ETA: The picture made me wonder what that white mark is on the stock, so I had to go look at it and make sure I didn't scratch it somehow, must be a glare from the flash, there's no mark on it...still perfect.

XXII-7.jpg

Last edited:
I went ahead and bought a Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x33 EFR and a set of Warne Mountain Tech "low" rings, and put it on. Still haven't shot it, but it feels good in the hand. The scope is NICE...especially for $369 (open box) from CameralandNY...the Leupold flip up covers have gone up in price quite a bit, they are $100 each now, a few months ago I bought another set for $56 each. 6# 13.3oz on the scale, without a mag.

I put a spent case in the chamber and pulled the trigger, it's pretty good...not as good as a lot of other triggers I have, and I know it can be adjusted, but I didn't mess with it.

ETA: The picture made me wonder what that white mark is on the stock, so I had to go look at it and make sure I didn't scratch it somehow, must be a glare from the flash, there's no mark on it...still perfect.

View attachment 7820771
Too bad Leupold doesn't offer the gloss finish to match the old school rifles...

If CZ 452 are better than Anschutz 64, they must be amazing. I got another one, a 1416 AV, 18" with 1/2"x28TPI threaded barrel. Granted this is only at 25 yards, but after shooting the grid crosses, diamond tips and bulls (settling it and adjusting the scope), I put 5 rounds in one hole. All done with CCI-SV, SKPM, and Norma Tac-22...the 5 round group circled in red was Norma. Leupold 3-9x33 EFR, DIP picatinny rail, 2 stage trigger set at 8oz. The trigger guard is hideous...might change that later.

1416AV_1.jpg

DIP_3.jpg
range.jpg

Target.jpg

My .22lr addiction has no cure. I'm in the process of buying an Anschutz 1712 AV...don't tell my wife.

Took the 1712 and 1416 to the range, sighted in the 1712, and re-sighted in the 1416. Some of the shots were from sighting in, most were good...some were me. Did one 10 round group with the 1712, circled. All at 25 yards. I used magazines for the first 55 rounds shooting the 1712, then switched to the single shot adapter for the rest. I'm digging the single shot adapter!

range.jpg

target.jpg

View attachment 7820771
Nice!

We were going for head shots, at 25 yards with the 1416 and 1712. CCI-SV that had been HP'd with the Waltz die. Got a couple.