• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weed Rescheduling

I see you are in Va. Isn't it legal in Va? If it is, how is testing for marijuana for a job interview in Va any different than requiring testing for alcohol or cheetos or any other legal consumption? I get it but legal should be legal to all the hiring discrimination lawyer types, right? Same here no judgement, honest question.
1-Its not legal at a Federal level.

2-The insurance companies are a major consideration. If you operate any sort of equipment and fuck up while high or boozed, they dont pay. Frankly, though I thnk it should be legal I cant blame them for that. I wouldnt want a drunk driving the forklift. Stoned is a lot less risky but I'd still want my employee straight.

I have cancer and do chemo and that shit makes you sick to your stomach and kills your appetite so they give you pills for that.
Those pills don't do shit compared to Sister Mary's Magic Brownies.
I have 2 oncologists and have told them both that that is what I do.
The reply from both of them was, "I can't recommend THC because of the laws and rules but I am a strong supporter and proponent of THC for cancer patients." so there is that.
At my age and the stage of the game I am in I have ZERO Fucks to give as to how anyone feels about what I am doing.
Live Free or Die Santa!!! You’ve earned it, if they don’t like it. Fuck em and feed em fish

I see you are in Va. Isn't it legal in Va? If it is, how is testing for marijuana for a job interview in Va any different than requiring testing for alcohol or cheetos or any other legal consumption? I get it but legal should be legal to all the hiring discrimination lawyer types, right? Same here no judgement, honest question.
Weed is not “legal” in Va, it is decriminalized. Possession is now a civil penalty, and possession beyond a certain amount is now misd offense. This was all done by the liberal legislature in this now blue fucking state to eliminate the ” disparity” of weed charges.

But alas….that is a whole nother thread….

Reactions: ggmanning
Weed is not “legal” in Va, it is decriminalized. Possession is now a civil penalty, and possession beyond a certain amount is now misd offense. This was all done by the liberal legislature in this now blue fucking state to eliminate the ” disparity” of weed charges.

But alas….that is a whole nother thread….
Youre mistaken on that. Cannabis is, other than at the Federal level, legal in Virginia.

1. cfah.org › virginia-marijuana-lawsIs Marijuana Legal in Virginia? (2023 Update) - CFAH

Is Weed Legal in Virginia? Yes, marijuana is legal in Virginia for both recreational and medical use. However, the law has different rules for recreational users and patients. Related: Marijuana Laws by State Map. Is Recreational Marijuana Legal in Virginia? Marijuana became fully legal in Virginia for all adults on July 1, 2021.
  2. www.nbcwashington.com › news › localMarijuana Now Legal in Virginia: What You Need to Know

Is weed legal in Virginia? Here's what to know about marijuana legalization in Virginia on July 1, 2021. Here’s what you need to know about marijuana legalization in Virginia.

Do you ever drink a beer, glass of wine, of drink of liquor after work?

Fucking weakling.
Mmmmmmm…..not so much my friend. You and I, should we ever meet, could theoretically sit down and enjoy a fine drink of bourbon while we discuss the merits of small rifle primers vs large rifle primers. We could then part ways, get into our respective chariots of choice, and drive home responsibly to our loved ones without compromising anyone on the roads.
Were we to sit down for my aforementioned discussion over some bong hits, and ….well….shit goes downhill real fast.

Again, let me restate, I don’t care whether you smoke or not, but comparing weed to alcohol is not even close. One can drink alcohol in a social setting, and then leave the gathering in a responsible state of mind. One CAN NOT smoke weed, and then go into public and be responsible ( driving, working, running machinery, surgery, etc) . The two are totally different beasts. When one smokes, it’s USUALLY,( barring medicinal use) to get high….and that’s ok….let’s just keep weed to weed, and alcohol to alcohol.

And I bet we can both agree that either, used in excess, is no bueno.

Hahaha! We will decide who gets what and we will call them freedoms and you will like it. Are you listening?

Reactions: ggmanning
Mmmmmmm…..not so much my friend. You and I, should we ever meet, could theoretically sit down and enjoy a fine drink of bourbon while we discuss the merits of small rifle primers vs large rifle primers. We could then part ways, get into our respective chariots of choice, and drive home responsibly to our loved ones without compromising anyone on the roads.
Were we to sit down for my aforementioned discussion over some bong hits, and ….well….shit goes downhill real fast.

Again, let me restate, I don’t care whether you smoke or not, but comparing weed to alcohol is not even close. One can drink alcohol in a social setting, and then leave the gathering in a responsible state of mind. One CAN NOT smoke weed, and then go into public and be responsible ( driving, working, running machinery, surgery, etc) . The two are totally different beasts. When one smokes, it’s USUALLY,( barring medicinal use) to get high….and that’s ok….let’s just keep weed to weed, and alcohol to alcohol.

This post is wrong on so many levels I can't even....

Drink 8 shots, go driving.
Take 16 bong rips, go driving.

I'mma wait.

Your last line was correct. Other than that, a lot of error. For instance...

"When one smokes, it’s USUALLY,( barring medicinal use) to get high" Why do you have a drink of bourbon (I go with Horse Soldier). It gets you some form of 'high'...or 'low'. Regardless, it alters your consciousness.

Because of the legal nature, I dont use cannabis anymore. That said, I smoked my first doobie in 1967. In that time I've lost a couple friends to alcohol, both auto wrecks and or drinking themselves to death. In the same time I've know zero/0 to die from cannabis consumption. -0-

Yeah, I could drink one bourbon and drive home. I could also smoke one doobie and drive home. Thats me. I know myself and my limits, but some should do neither because they dont know limits.

Personally, I'd discourage 'smoking' anything. Your lungs were made for air, not smoke. If you want to use cannabis, do edibles.

I'm not speaking in theory about something I've read or heard about, I'm speaking from direct experience. All that said, I'll close with your last line...."And I bet we can both agree that either, used in excess, is no bueno."

Just to clarify…..

§ 4.1-1100. Possession, etc., of marijuana and marijuana products by persons 21 years of age or older lawful; penalties.​

A. Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle and notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person 21 years of age or older may lawfully possess on his person or in any public place not more than one ounce of marijuana or an equivalent amount of marijuana product as determined by regulation promulgated by the Board.

B. Any person who possesses on his person or in any public place marijuana or marijuana products in excess of the amounts set forth in subsection A is subject to a civil penalty of no more than $25 except as otherwise provided in this section. The penalty for any violations of this section by an adult shall be prepayable according to the procedures in § 16.1-69.40:2.

C. With the exception of possession by a person in his residence or possession by a licensee in the course of his duties related to such licensee's marijuana establishment, any person who possesses on his person or in any public place (i) more than four ounces but not more than one pound of marijuana or an equivalent amount of marijuana product as determined by regulation promulgated by the Board is guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor and, for a second or subsequent offense, a Class 2 misdemeanor and (ii) more than one pound of marijuana or an equivalent amount of marijuana product as determined by regulation promulgated by the Board is guilty of a felony punishable by a term of imprisonment of not less than one year nor more than 10 years and a fine of not more than $250,000, or both.

D. The provisions of this section shall not apply to members of federal, state, county, city, or town law-enforcement agencies, jail officers, or correctional officers, as defined in § 53.1-1, certified as handlers of dogs trained in the detection of controlled substances when possession of marijuana is necessary for the performance of their duties.

Just to clarify…..

§ 4.1-1100. Possession, etc., of marijuana and marijuana products by persons 21 years of age or older lawful; penalties.​

A. Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle and notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person 21 years of age or older may lawfully possess on his person or in any public place not more than one ounce of marijuana or an equivalent amount of marijuana product as determined by regulation promulgated by the Board.

B. Any person who possesses on his person or in any public place marijuana or marijuana products in excess of the amounts set forth in subsection A is subject to a civil penalty of no more than $25 except as otherwise provided in this section. The penalty for any violations of this section by an adult shall be prepayable according to the procedures in § 16.1-69.40:2.

C. With the exception of possession by a person in his residence or possession by a licensee in the course of his duties related to such licensee's marijuana establishment, any person who possesses on his person or in any public place (i) more than four ounces but not more than one pound of marijuana or an equivalent amount of marijuana product as determined by regulation promulgated by the Board is guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor and, for a second or subsequent offense, a Class 2 misdemeanor and (ii) more than one pound of marijuana or an equivalent amount of marijuana product as determined by regulation promulgated by the Board is guilty of a felony punishable by a term of imprisonment of not less than one year nor more than 10 years and a fine of not more than $250,000, or both.

D. The provisions of this section shall not apply to members of federal, state, county, city, or town law-enforcement agencies, jail officers, or correctional officers, as defined in § 53.1-1, certified as handlers of dogs trained in the detection of controlled substances when possession of marijuana is necessary for the performance of their duties.
Which is such a crock of shit. If theyre goin to make it legal, jsut make it legal and fuck all the silly amounts, etc.

Which is such a crock of shit. If theyre goin to make it legal, jsut make it legal and fuck all the silly amounts, etc.

DAs would be outta the job if they couldn't put the defendant through a whole rigmarole of bullshit to get a conviction to bolster their own political career.

• Angry
Reactions: Maggot
Biscotti Mintz , all you could smell at the range today . Almost harvest time . Picture stolen from the web for reference .

1693619490877.png

Reactions: Sandhog308
I tried to read this thread, but I... mushrooms, cool man, you guys are awesome. I was thinking about this thing that could drill through granite, and then take off and fly. It could fit in your pocket. Anyone have anything to munch on?

• Haha
Reactions: Govt Mule
The continued decivilization of society.
As long as history has been recorded, there have been societies that used what natured offered. There have also been societies that abused what nature offered. Not sure there is a direct correlation that alcohol or weed or peyote or mushrooms or whatever are bad or good. They just are.

Get rid of high fructose corn syrup first.

Hardly anyone smokes cigarettes these days so a poor comparison. Weed never bothered me but cigarette smoke is noxious.
Not only that, half the cannabis consumed are edibles. This is one way I judge someone's veracity when speaking on the subject. Only talking about smoking it because they don't understand who and how it is consumed and the economic impact. About $2 billion per year in edibles. Accurate doses. No lung issues.

Reactions: Maggot
t's hilarious to read all the bullshit from the uninformed fools that have never smoked a joint in their life ...I believe those biased opinions came to them while they were drunk . Alcohol, now that is something to be concerned about .

Pretty soon you.will not be able to walk through front doors at a grocery store without walking through a fog of the shit, like cigarrettes now
I work in VA and when I drive into the sleepy mountain town in which I work, I can lower my windows and catch the smell of skunk weed drifting on the sweet mountain breeze.

It is literally everywhere there, smell it all the time.

I work in VA and when I drive into the sleepy mountain town in which I work, I can lower my windows and catch the smell of skunk weed drifting on the sweet mountain breeze.

It is literally everywhere there, smell it all the time.
I think that real animal skunks are breeding ? On my run this morning I came upon a fresh roadkill skunk….smells just like skunk weed 🤔
I could head your way and see which it is 😜

About fucking time!

My brother is/was a pharmacist and he’s always been anti weed ….until a few years ago.
He has neuropathy in his feet and he’s tried every pharma product for the pain.
Were talking Morphine and Methadone powerful….and very addictive.
A co-worker , also a pharmacist told him to try a weed product called RSO aka (Rick Simpson Oil) derived from the Cannabis flower. He did , says it’s the ONLY thing that gives him relief. Whole different person since discovering it.
👍

Drugs, winning the war on drugs for over 50 years. There is to much MONEY in the drug trade. From the growers to the makers to the mules to the dealers to the users to the cops to the judicial system to the prison system. You want to win the war on drugs, legalize everything and let the bodies lie. Darwin takes over.

If I drink any booze, one beverage, nobody wants me driving shit.....

I dont drink because I know Im useless four at least 4 hours.

i don't want to seem like i am defending potheads, but a bottle of jack is much more likely to lead to the wife or kids getting the shit beat out of them than a bong hit or joint. alcohol destroys lives, families and more, just like any potentially abused drug. i think it is hypocritical to point fingers at pot and there are levels of pot inebriation just like booze. pretty sure you can be slightly buzzed or absolutely wasted on either.

I have an interesting question here for the masses. I’m not poo pooing or condoning use of weed or whatever the substance of choice may be…..

Why has society resorted to mind altering substances to get through life?
Because we as a culture have encouraged people to have no purpose, no reason to live.
We stopped going to church and started worshipping idols(television, nfl, drama, twitter, politicians, etc)
We then convinced the same people that their "problems" could be solved by merely maintaining a numb state... we forgot that the pain of life is the purpose of it.
We learned to love our infirmity and ineptitude.
Shred

Because we as a culture have encouraged people to have no purpose, no reason to live.
We stopped going to church and started worshipping idols(television, nfl, drama, twitter, politicians, etc)
We then convinced the same people that their "problems" could be solved by merely maintaining a numb state... we forgot that the pain of life is the purpose of it.
We learned to love our infirmity and ineptitude.
Shred
it is crazy how many are on anti-depressants, SSRIs or other mid altering crap.
doctors and pharma should not be getting rich pretending they can cure unhappiness. may as well push opioids. (too late).

Reactions: Jscb1b
That just isnt (entirely) true. I no longer use it but grew up in the 60's. The weed then ran from what we called 'dirt weed' from the deserts of Mexico, to stuff from Columbia, Panama, and SE Asia that would make you comatose. Much stronger than the crap today. I ddnt care what some percentages say, having BTDT and then tried the domestic stuff they grow today, I can say w/o compromise, that the best we had then, shits on the best they grow today. And thats one reason I (and other friends) quit. Its just not the same...and I dont want to risk losing my 2A rights.

The one caveat is that today youre less likely to get garbage dirt weed.
Back in 69-70 it was apapulco. I was watching old rowan and martin laugh-in episodes and they kept talking about apapulco gold. Hahaha.

Today there are koolaide type drinks that have a whole half gram of concentrated thc in them (dank drank).

So a shot glass of that and drink 4 beers and you will be walking in circles.

It’s getting nuts to be honest.

For me: its like…if everyone is doing it now, then im NOT!!

Back in 69-70 it was apapulco. I was watching old rowan and martin laugh-in episodes and they kept talking about apapulco gold. Hahaha.

Today there are koolaide type drinks that have a whole half gram of concentrated thc in them (dank drank).

So a shot glass of that and drink 4 beers and you will be walking in circles.

It’s getting nuts to be honest.

For me: its like…if everyone is doing it now, then im NOT!!
Even in those days (Guererro) Acapulco Gold was rare but the best Ive had.

Weed costs money. Money that could be spent shooting.

Saw a sign for "Edibles" today (which I see everywhere and it seems EVERYONE is into them). When I think of Edibles, this is what I picture:
1693691876045.jpeg

Sombodies getting rich off this shit and it aint me...

Reactions: lash
i don't want to seem like i am defending potheads, but a bottle of jack is much more likely to lead to the wife or kids getting the shit beat out of them than a bong hit or joint. alcohol destroys lives, families and more, just like any potentially abused drug. i think it is hypocritical to point fingers at pot and there are levels of pot inebriation just like booze. pretty sure you can be slightly buzzed or absolutely wasted on either.
I can tell you for certain, alcohol is king when it comes to insidiously ruining lives and families….and is incredibly hard to kick. Opiates are worse but not by much.

Compared to alcohol, pot is much less damaging to lives and families.

I can tell you for certain, alcohol is king when it comes to insidiously ruining lives and families….and is incredibly hard to kick. Opiates are worse but not by much.

Compared to alcohol, pot is much less damaging to lives and families.
I might debate you on that, but my limit would be "as damaging as" I don't think one is worse, I think they both are abused and our society is collapsing around escapism, which alcohol and pot are a big part. (Bayes rule: I bet the rate of abuse is the same, but alcohol is more of a problem, because its more widely used and more accepted).

I need to stop posting, I'm depressing myself.

I might debate you on that, but my limit would be "as damaging as" I don't think one is worse, I think they both are abused and our society is collapsing around escapism, which alcohol and pot are a big part. (Bayes rule: I bet the rate of abuse is the same, but alcohol is more of a problem, because its more widely used and more accepted).

I need to stop posting, I'm depressing myself.
The difference:

Late at night,

Smoked a doobie or three; Damn, man, turn the TV up and put on some more popcorn. Wakes up in the morinng sleepy but well.

Drank a few bourbons: Hail mofo, i'm feelin bad ass lets go fo a ride & find some pussy. Wakes up in the morning in the hospital with two vehicular homicide warrants tagged to his bed.

Reactions: Lawless
The difference between the weed then and the weed now.
The old thai, columbian, panama....etc, whatever, was cannabis sativa.
The shit now (whatever strain of the week) is cannabis indica.

There is ZERO cannabis sativa that is pure these days, it has all been "hybridized" by stupid kids that think they know how to grow.
Yup, they killed the sativa we all remember.
The closest thing left is what is called "Nevilles Haze" and it's still only about 80% sativa.
Go read some reviews, kids can't handle the shit.
Kinda funny, we all could :)

t's hilarious to read all the bullshit from the uninformed fools that have never smoked a joint in their life ...I believe those biased opinions came to them while they were drunk . Alcohol, now that is something to be concerned about .
You are damn wrong, we were all young at some point and wanted to try things and weed was just one of them, You leads you to always wanting something strong or looking for the best variety and even whatever that can take you even higher. So comments above are not out of ignorance but facts and experiences of life.

You are damn wrong, we were all young at some point and wanted to try things and weed was just one of them, You leads you to always wanting something strong or looking for the best variety and even whatever that can take you even higher. So comments above are not out of ignorance but facts and experiences of life.
Maggot does not entirely endorse that.

Growing up in the 60's I tried it all. Some like cannabis I found useful as it helped keep an angry, violent young man calm, until he could sort out why he was so angry. alcohol only made me more violent so I didnt use it much. True psychedelics helped in that thinking process as well. Wehn I had resolved the problems I just naturally quit using them.

I tried some others but they just werent for me so I left them alone. I came up with an original saying for cocaine..."That shit hurts everyone it touches...so Im going to touch it? No thanks." It has more to do with the individual personality than the substance. Just like guns. Are you always looking for a bigger can of Tannerite?....never mind, me too...thinking 55 gallon drum.

Now I enjoy a glass of wine in the evening, occasionally a beer, or shot of Horse Soldier Premium, and when I can afford it some fine cognac. If they'd legalize it I'd love to light up a J of some fine Gold. Ah, well, maybe someday.

A does not always lead to B

Reactions: Grubber and lash
Weed is not a good thing but it is no greater evil than anything else abused.

The messaging on weed is fucked up.

It goes against all the other anti abuse agendas against alcohol and smoking because the powers that be are more interested in bread and circuses than actually promoting policies that would improve society.

Just smoke your weed and enjoy it. Save all the propaganda BS about how research is going to find it to be a wonder drug.

If Pharma could have monetized it they would have.

Cut the shit.
Sure they would have because their number one goal is keeping you healthy right....

They probably realized they could get people addicted to heroin more easily. Remind me again of the health benefits of oxycotin.

just what is need ed adicts given more access to drugs to get high on the taxpayer dime .I offer it to them but never allow them to get it . you wanna smoke pot do it on your own dime .

just what is need ed adicts given more access to drugs to get high on the taxpayer dime .I offer it to them but never allow them to get it . you wanna smoke pot do it on your own dime .
As one who endorses complete legalization, I also endorse your statement.

Want to get high? Great. Get a job, earn some bucks, catch abuzz, go back to work. The same is true of alcohol. I've seen them selling their EDC? cards for $00,50 on the dollar in front of the liquor store. :(

I'm convinced that the pungent odor is why weed is despised by many. No pungent odor and most wouldn't give a rat's ass about it.

Bingo!
I couldn't care less if they smoke it, but the very smell of it pisses me right TFO.
Every time I go to the gunshow in Mobile or Montgomery, I have to smell these stinking motherfuckers.