• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

weight fluctuation

Glock30

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2011
NH
I started my diet 4 weeks ago. 45 min cardio on the bike every day and light weights sometimes. I started at 208lbs and after 2 weeks went down to 196 now in the last 2 weeks have been creeping back up and im at 206lbs today... WTF??? my diet has not changed at all. I have been very strict eating the same thing every day.
morning= small bowl of plain oatmeal
lunch= salad with plain chicken or hard boil egg ( no yolk)w/ little french dressing
dinner= soy protein drink= 20g protein 120 calories 1g carb.

WTF is going on?

Re: weight fluctuation

I'd speculate your gaining muscle. Muscle is heavier than fat so you can slim down but gain weight. Have you noticed a difference in how your clothes fit? You're probably feeling better anyhow?

well you are in a HUGE calorie defect , the first our weeks you dropped fat then your body learned that you were going to starve it to death if it's metabolism stayed the same so it shut your metabolism WAY back.

you need to seriously revise your eating

at the very least go eat you a big ass ribeye steak and baked potato potato and a slice of cheese cake for desert to reset your metabolisim

I started at 245 Lbs & 23/25% BF. The diet was going good and I dropped to 210/215 pretty quick but at 205/210, the weight drop stopped, dead in it's tracks. I battled this for a couple of weeks trying to loose more body fat and then did research on proper nutrition. Plain & simple, I wasn’t eating enough.

I increased my carbs, protein & fats and cleaned the diet up even more, the weight started coming back off. Now at 185/187 and 16%BF I'm trying to bulk back up to around 200. At 49 it's hard for me to gain eating clean but, it is what it is. Try this;

morning = 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 bannana with 6 eggs or 2 scoopes protein powder 1 tbl spoon EVOO

Mid morning = 16-20oz protein shake

lunch = 16/18 oz chicken breast with 1 med sweet potato, 1 tbl spoon EVOO

Mid day = same as mid morning

dinner = Same as lunch or substitute chicken with fish

Try for 40 grams of Carbs & Protein, 15 grams fat like EVOO 5-6 meals a day. Lean meats, green veggies, good fat from grass feed butter or EVOO.

You'll get sick of just fish and chicken, try Turkey and grass feed beef as well.

No;

Cokes
Sweet Tea
Energy Drinks
Candy
Cakes
White Bread
White Pasta
Cheese
Fatty meats

Body in starvation mode makes a lot of sense with motab dropping way back.
Sounds like I need to increase my good food intake to keep the motab fire stoked? It makes sense.

I have zero concept of healthy correct eating. Time to use the google foo and search the hide!

Thanks A bunch guy's !

what Wroscoe just posted is a perfect place to start !!

it's very very common for people to not eat enough then stagnate in their "diet" and they look at what's wrong

Glock30,

A little more information would be helpful in determining what exactly is going with your body weight. Height, age, BF% estimate, avg. calories consumed per day?

I doubt that the inital weight loss was all or even moslty fat. Nor did you gain 10 lbs. of muscle. Your body isn't capable of doing either of those things that quickly. More likely it was retained fluid. Most people, myself included, notice a quick weight loss at the begining of a diet and exercise program. I just lost 4lbs in two days at the start of a program. I've since gained back 2 lbs. of that. not as severe as your case but probalby the same factors at work.

The reason why you are seeing your weight fluctuations is hard to say without more information but here are some things that will help you keep your calorie restriction and metabolism in a good weight/fat loss range.

- Use a free online diet diary such as fitday.com to track your caloric intake and your daily caloric needs, basd on your diet and exercise habits. Once you get a feel for where you need to be in terms of caloric intake, you can stop counting the calories and do it more by feel.
- Keep your calorie restriction to no more than 1000 calories per day. Over 1000 calories and you are treading into breaking down muscle to meet you caloric needs. One pound of fat equals 3500 calories. 1000 calorie restriction per day, 7 days a week = 2 lbs of fat loss per week, which is about the max safe fat loss.

I would also switch from mainly cardio and little weights to mostly weights and a little cardio. You will likely get more "fat burning" benefit from the weights, not to mention the strength increase. If you do cardio, use some form of interval training with bursts of high intensity, instead of just one steady pace. You will get more benfit for your time spent with interval training.

35 yrs 5' 8" gut and man boobs
Calories per day, no clue, not many, ill get back to you on that.

Mo goal is to burn the fat off my gut and man boobs. Im not looking to bulk up much

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I started at 245 Lbs & 23/25% BF. The diet was going good and I dropped to 210/215 pretty quick but at 205/210, the weight drop stopped, dead in it's tracks. I battled this for a couple of weeks trying to loose more body fat and then did research on proper nutrition. Plain & simple, I wasn’t eating enough.

I increased my carbs, protein & fats and cleaned the diet up even more, the weight started coming back off. Now at 185/187 and 16%BF I'm trying to bulk back up to around 200. At 49 it's hard for me to gain eating clean but, it is what it is. Try this;

morning = 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 bannana with 6 eggs or 2 scoopes protein powder 1 tbl spoon EVOO

Try for 40 grams of Carbs & Protein, 15 grams fat like EVOO 5-6 meals a day. Lean meats, green veggies, good fat from grass feed butter or EVOO.

You'll get sick of just fish and chicken, try Turkey and grass feed beef as well.

No;

Cokes
Sweet Tea
Energy Drinks
Candy
Cakes
White Bread
White Pasta
Cheese
Fatty meats</div></div>

Nice break down....i've been progressivly cleaning up my diet and exercising 4-5 times a week and always looking for ways to tweak my diet. I need to count calories and fats/carbs/protein to see where i am....

anyway you mention taking in tablespoons of EVOO, are you putting this on food or just "taking your medicine"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I started at 245 Lbs & 23/25% BF. The diet was going good and I dropped to 210/215 pretty quick but at 205/210, the weight drop stopped, dead in it's tracks. I battled this for a couple of weeks trying to loose more body fat and then did research on proper nutrition. Plain & simple, I wasn’t eating enough.

No;

Cokes
Sweet Tea
Energy Drinks
Candy
Cakes
White Bread
White Pasta
Cheese
Fatty meats</div></div>

Nice break down....i've been progressivly cleaning up my diet and exercising 4-5 times a week and always looking for ways to tweak my diet. I need to count calories and fats/carbs/protein to see where i am....

anyway you mention taking in tablespoons of EVOO, are you putting this on food or just "taking your medicine"? </div></div>

I personally use coconut or macidamia nut oil now due to better taste , most of the time I'll mix a little applecider vinegar and seasonings to make a light dressing for my veggies , but some times I'll just take a spoon full like cough syrup

Well fuck me runnin . Listen to this... Some joker on my ship has been fucking with the scale playing a joke on us dieters. I re zeroed it. Turns out Im at 197 LBS after all.
DAMN PRANKSTERS

Any way. This has definitely been a eye opener. I sure need to do a lot of tuning

Thanks for all the help!!

My first guess was that you were starving yourself and it seems as though others have echoed that assumption. There is an application called my fitness pal or something to that affect. You can plug in all of your food intake and it will track how many calories that you have left for the day based on your goals. It will also show you if you are deficient in any vitamins that you need or if you are going way over on things like sodium or saturated fats. It helps a lot because you can see meal by meal where you are getting your nutrition from. If you find that you are deficient in vitamin a or c or something then you can google good sources for whatever you need to add to your diet. If you see that your diet has way to much fat then you can easily figure out what to cut out. If you want to eat healthier I would recommend that you google clean eating. It is a sustainable way to live your life and be healthy. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

No;

Cokes
Sweet Tea
Energy Drinks
Candy
Cakes
White Bread
White Pasta
Cheese
Fatty meats </div></div>

Damn Roscoe, cutting out all the good stuff.