• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well fellas I got robbed

Kubitza123

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
Central Texas near Waco
Yep got off work at 5 picked up my son at day care , just to get home and find out I was robbed today. Front door kicked in and TV, Wii, Laptop,60 of my sons movies gone etc.

We were lucky, either they got spooked or they were in a hurry or plain dumb. Had one of my custom guns out of the safe worth $3500+ and they didn't touch it , thank God . Also didnt take any of my wife's jewelry, camera's etc.

Worst thing is having to put in a new door frame and probably new carpet since the fingerprint dust pretty much ruined it.

What I would have given to be home when that sorry bas*ard came in my home.

Getting close to x-mas everyone's going to have to start keeping an eye out.

At least they left my case of Budlight because after 5 a guy needs a cold one or 6 especially after this.

Re: Well fellas I got robbed

It sounds like you were lucky...and they were lucky as well.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep got off work at 5 picked up my son at day care , just to get home and find out I was robbed today. Front door kicked in and TV, Wii, Laptop,60 of my sons movies gone etc.

We were lucky, either they got spooked or they were in a hurry or plain dumb. Had one of my custom guns out of the safe worth $3500+ and they didn't touch it , thank God . Also didnt take any of my wife's jewelry, camera's etc.

Worst thing is having to put in a new door frame and probably new carpet since the fingerprint dust pretty much ruined it.

What I would have given to be home when that sorry bas*ard came in my home.

Getting close to x-mas everyone's going to have to start keeping an eye out.

At least they left my case of Budlight because after 5 a guy needs a cold one or 6 especially after this. </div></div>

Sounds like kids considering what they took. Thats what homeowners insurance is for.
grin.gif

Also sounds to me like you were 'cased', and now they know what to come back for, with more guys.

Or am I just being paranoid?

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that. It sucks for sure. It happened to me in the past and I know the outraged feeling I had and the feeling of being invaded that it leaves you with. In my case,it also seemed like it was teenagers doing a crime out of boredom and opportunity, but I took precautions in case of a return.

It's certainly a wake up call.

Do you not have a home alarm?

Granted cops are slow to show up when they aren't sure if the alarm is legit or not. My alarm company calls me and once I was at work and told them to send the cops and tell them the homeowner WAS NOT HOME. It ended up being a faulty connection on the front door but I wouldn't be able to leave my house without the peace of mind of my home alarm.

Also, get that rifle in the safe when you aren't home!! I have a small safe I leave on my bedside table that my CCW goes in and that is it. That way no kiddos get their grubby hands on my pistol. All the high dollar stuff is in the safe locked down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sounds like kids considering what they took. Thats what homeowners insurance is for.
grin.gif
</div></div>

That was my thought too. A pro would have gone right past the WII for the rifle and jewelery.

+1 on the alarm. After the first attempted break in to my last place on Christmas Day I had an alarm installed. The 2nd attempt years later was just an attempt after the alarm trigger when the window was pried open.

Also upgrade the door and frame to something much more kick resistant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you not have a home alarm?

Granted cops are slow to show up when they aren't sure if the alarm is legit or not. My alarm company calls me and once I was at work and told them to send the cops and tell them the homeowner WAS NOT HOME. It ended up being a faulty connection on the front door but I wouldn't be able to leave my house without the peace of mind of my home alarm.

Also, get that rifle in the safe when you aren't home!! I have a small safe I leave on my bedside table that my CCW goes in and that is it. That way no kiddos get their grubby hands on my pistol. All the high dollar stuff is in the safe locked down.</div></div>

never had an alarm. but we do have is a big black great dane and two mean australian shepherds. The dane is scary when hes growling but its the aussies you need to be worried about lol. The alarm people (adm?) came out one day and the guy told me that people would just throw my dogs meat. I told him to try it, if they let him in i would buy the system. The dane was growling low at him through the window screen and both the aussies had their heads dropped and ears back. he said no thanks and left.

Actually you got burglarized, not robbbed. Robbery is where they stick a gun in your face.

Sucks either way tho

Get the alarm. Wont stop em all, but will deter most of them.

It's that time of year. My BIL in Ohio lost most of the contents of a storage unit last week, including his kids' presents, most of his tools, and a mantel piece that he had built to calm his older son's worries that Santa might not visit them without a fireplace.

You need a big $#ing dog for Christmas. Get a cane corso.

You would've still needed new carpet though, unless you know how to get blood out.

Wow. I am sorry you had to go through that.

I looked at people a little different after my car was stolen out of the driveway. At first I was shocked that someone would take something so important. Then felt violated and angry. I just wanted to meet that SOB. After i got over that I tried to think of something posotive that came from the event. After I focused on the positive I was able to move on.

The family is safe and that is what is most important.

It is my job to catch theives on a daily basis. From about mid October to mid January is our busiest time of year. So far in the last four weeks I've caught sixteen just in one area.

Watch out guys this time of year people know that other people are starting to stockpile for the holidays.

Went to charge battery on ATV hey wheres the charger? gone!!! BTW where is my husqvarna chainsaw? oh yea its gone... cock suckers came right in and stole that shit.. going to be $800 bucks at least to replace and I bet they won't get 100 for it!! sorry SOBs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is my job to catch theives on a daily basis. From about mid October to mid January is our busiest time of year. So far in the last four weeks I've caught sixteen just in one area.

Watch out guys this time of year people know that other people are starting to stockpile for the holidays. </div></div>
Ever get the itch to just beat a little bit of shit out of them? Like maybe a club to the knees or a couple forearms to the face?

Thats such bullshit! I'm pissed, and I'm not even the victim!

A couple teens did a string of burglaries in my city last year, hit the mother lode at one house... $250,000 cash in a safe they stole from one of the homes!

Stuff like this is why i have two rottweilers and an alarm with cameras

No alarm I'm out in the country so there's no one around to hear it anyways . We just got done putting in a new storm door that locks and beefed up metal door etc. If dead bolt and all locked they ain't going to be able to kick this door in .

Yeah it pisses me off but what's done is done. Main thing wife and kid wasn't home and everyone is ok.

Yeah I'd love to busta cap in their ass though

My guess is you got hit just as I did a few years ago - they took only thinks that they could sell quickly without having to go to a Pawn Shop - or trade for drugs. These folks don't want the jewelry or therifles - they are too hard to sell and to conceal. They will grab cash and handguns, TVs and video games because they can make quick cash.

Odds are they won't be back. I live in the country like you - now have a camera system with IR capability that covers every aspect of our home with the DVR secured in a gun safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Yeah I'd love to busta cap in their ass though </div></div>

You can't kill somebody over stuff.
Keep your valuable stuff locked in the safe while you are gone, and get an alarm system.
Being out in the country is a good thing. The police might take a little longer to get there, but they'll have a better chance of meeting the a$$holes as they are leaving.
If they "ain't going to be able to kick this door in", they'll break out a window and walk in that way.

I hope you get your stuff back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Keep your valuable stuff locked in the safe while you are gone, and get an alarm system.
Being out in the country is a good thing. The police might take a little longer to get there, but they'll have a better chance of meeting the a$$holes as they are leaving.
If they "ain't going to be able to kick this door in", they'll break out a window and walk in that way.

I hope you get your stuff back.</div></div>

In ky you CAN use deadly force to protect property. http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/503-00/080.pdf

No duty to retreat, may use deadly force to protect your life, the life of others, or your property (if a burglary or robbery...see link), and civil immunity in a lawful shoot. KY has this one right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had one of my custom guns out of the safe worth $3500+ and they didn't touch it , thank God .</div></div>

Nevermind what I was going to say but I hope you get your shit back...

If it hasn't been mentioned, don't post on Facebook where you are. Whether you are out eating or out of town. People talk, you never know who will break into your home or vehicle. I'm not saying don't trust your friends, but let's face it, most people on Facebook we never speak to anyway.

its the local kids who want easy stuf to sell.guns are to hard to sell and get u lots of time in jail.

Damn, sorry to hear that shit. I use ADT but after some recent burglaries close to home I upgraded and installed cameras. I sure hope these keep all the low lifes away. It is a shame we have to spend so much time, energy, and money to protect whats ours! Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need a big $#ing dog for Christmas. Get a cane corso.

You would've still needed new carpet though, unless you know how to get blood out. </div></div>

+1 on that! Nothing like a 'Amstaff on steroids' breed mastiff to scare the crap out of would be burglars. Of course Bulleit at his wee 65 pounds has no problems keeping anyone away from his turf

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I hope you get your stuff back. </div></div>

Correct, you can't kill someone for theft. However, if they break into and are inside your house, it's totally different story. If someone comes in my house unwanted, I'm going to assume they are a potential deadly threat. We have the castle doctrine here as well. I have a wife and kids to protect. There is no time for questions or to determine their intent.

Having gone through this a few weeks ago, I feel your apin. Hope you find them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #FF0000">In ky you CAN use deadly force to protect property. </span>http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/503-00/080.pdf

No duty to retreat, may use deadly force to protect your life, the life of others, or your property (if a burglary or robbery...see link), and civil immunity in a lawful shoot. KY has this one right. </div></div>

Would you kill somebody to keep them from stealing your TV?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually you got burglarized, not robbbed. Robbery is where they stick a gun in your face.

Sucks either way tho

Get the alarm. Wont stop em all, but will deter most of them. </div></div>

That would be aggravated assault.... just sicking a gun in someone's face is not burglary
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #FF0000">In ky you CAN use deadly force to protect property. </span>http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/503-00/080.pdf

No duty to retreat, may use deadly force to protect your life, the life of others, or your property (if a burglary or robbery...see link), and civil immunity in a lawful shoot. KY has this one right. </div></div>

</div></div>

If you come in my house uninvited and attempt to steal from me, with my family in the house. You will be shot..... no hesitation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

If you come in my house uninvited and attempt to steal from me, with my family in the house. You will be shot..... no hesitation. </div></div>

Yep, me too. I'd kill the SOB too dead to kick if my family was threatened.
But would you kill a kid carrying your TV out the back door?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fw, anything you may 'say' to that kid isn't going to be headed, so what's the difference? </div></div>

So,
if the little SOB is just stupid you might as well just go ahead and shoot him?

I like answering questions with questions.... Are you suppose to let him and his buddies think that they can get away with the same shit and face minimal consequences? As bad as the situation would be, I'm afraid that an education would be provided at his expense. The society, that teaches these sacks of shit that stealing is ok, will not change unless an example is made of someone. The justice system clearly doesn't do enough to dissuade the perpetrators. I know what will. 'tis unfortunate, but that's the world we live in.

If you're illegally in my house or on my property, I have to assume you are there with intent to hurt myself, my wife or my child. Thankfully, Indiana has a VERY strong castle doctrine that supports action based on that assumption.

This past Saturday night, my wife and I woke up to what sounded like somebody coming up on our back deck. Our motion light was on, and my dog growling. The wind was blowing like hell so I figured a moving tree branch had set the light off, and our alarm had not gone off nor were there any sounds of attempted entry. But to appease the wife I got up grumbling to look out our back door, and when I pulled the blinds open was surprised as SHIT to find a young man standing at our back door with his face against the glass, trying to open the door.

I instinctively punched the glass where his face was, knowing the door was locked with a slide block in so he couldn't gain entry. I shouted 'WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?' and his response made it clear to me that this was little more than a drunk college kid who somehow had mistaken our house for our next-door neighbors where a Halloween party was going on...despite our yard having a fence that needed to be jumped and a deck, both of which our neighbor's house lacks.

I immediately went to grab my pistol and flashlight (which I had left in the bedroom because I doubted there was anybody on our deck) and the young man was gone. Feeling pretty certain he realized he was at the wrong house, I went out the back door and cleared the back yard, side yard, and front yard before going and having a little 'chat' with my neighbors. I explained to them that a drunk college kid in Muncie, IN was shot and killed by a homeowner a couple years ago after trying to get into the wrong house and how damn lucky their friend was that I didn't have my Glock with me when I opened the blinds.

In the end it was an honest fuckup by a kid, but it scared my wife and we both used it as a learning experience for how we will respond to potential threats in the future.

Can't honestly say I'd shoot a drunk kid at the wrong house or somebody stealing my TV...but the bottom line is actions have consequences.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

The only problem I have with this premise is the assumption that a person is there simply to steal a TV.
Am I the only one who wouldn't take the chance on figuring that out?
The way I look at it is, I don't respawn like on video games, and my family sure as hell doesn't either. I don't know if getting this assumption wrong is ever acceptable. So I guess what I'm saying is if I'm going to be wrong I'm going to be wrong on the side of my family is not going to be in danger.

If that makes sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fw, anything you may 'say' to that kid isn't going to be headed, so what's the difference? </div></div>

So,
if the little SOB is just stupid you might as well just go ahead and shoot him?
</div></div>

Are you questioning the legality of defending property with deadly force or the morality of it?

It is good law in my opinion. It removes the serious legal problem a homeowner faces when such law is not present. Consider the alternative...if a homeowner can only respond to such intrusions with deadly force when the burglar has shown evidence they are a deadly threat, then often that evidence is a mortal wound for the homeowner or his family. Such a circumstance places the burglar in a position of advantage because in the moment of truth the burden of proof and risk falls on the homeowner...when it is the criminal that deserves to bear the burden, and risk, of illegally entering a home. If it turns out after the fact that it is some drunk moron who busts into the wrong house to pick up a tv he let a buddy borrow, then the homeowner doesn't have to prove he was presented with a deadly threat...the mere act that the drunk is committing felony burglary is enough.

Here is another hypothetical...what if that "stupid SOB", as you put it, who doesn't appear to pose a threat suddenly drops your TV and turns around and puts one in your forehead because he is already on probation and decides he doesn't want a witness? Someone forcibly taking stuff on your property could easily be a threat couldn't they?

Kubitza,

Unfortunately I, as well as many others here, know what your going through. My burglary came in the mid-80's and I'm still uneasy about home security. I constantly check door and window locks, cram everything of value into a safe and have two big dogs as well. Hate to say it but the insecurity and the feeling of having your home violated may never go away. Even though I live in town now with regular police patrols I still keep an eye on security. Take care!

</div></div>

It could be a pack of gum, it doesn't really matter what the item is. The bottom line is that it was their gamble/choice to try to steal your TV/pack of gum. KY has got this one right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">athhud, thank you for bringing clarity and reality to a divergent and obtuse topic trend. </div></div>

Yep, it kinda went off track right here, didn't it?
>>>>>>>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Up until that point we had a simple burglary of "Front door kicked in and TV, Wii, Laptop,60 of my sons movies gone etc.", all stuff that home owner's insurance will pay for.
Then we had the OP expressing the desire to kill the person that stole the stuff, after the fact, and <span style="font-weight: bold">with no mention of protecting himself of his family as a justification</span>, just a penalty for stealing his stuff.
Then everybody chimes in with the "protecting my family in my home" opinion.
<span style="font-weight: bold">We would all protect our families in our homes.</span>
That wasn't the issue when I made my comment.

The OP says he would execute the perpetrator(s) for a burglary of a few hundred dollars worth of stuff.
Anybody think that would be appropriate?

This happened to me last year on the day my son was born. Two tv's a laptop, all my DVD's, lots of stuff. My dog was missing for two days. The crappy thing is my neighbor watched it happen at 2 in the morning and thought is was normal for people to be running down my side yard with a tv on his shoulder.

Yea, don't post on Facebook or any public forum when you leave. Also, do not put all of your DVD's in a CD case to save on room.

Sorry this happened to you man.

Zach

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The OP says he would execute the perpetrator(s) for a burglary of a few hundred dollars worth of stuff.
</div></div>

Yes.

Who gives a shit about the stuff or it's value. Stuff in my home lies within a kill zone and if there was a break in, robbery, burglary, forced entry, unwelcome guests - <span style="font-style: italic">which ever semantical argument you want to make to clarify and describe what happened</span> - to get that stuff <span style="font-style: italic">regardless of it's worth</span>, I'm going to assume the intruder(s) mean to harm me and I will harm them.

The only value a thief has in life is in their death.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would certainly prevent recidivism.</div></div>
Yup.

I don't know how it is where ya'll are, but up here, once you make a claim on your home/house insurance, they drop you as a customer.

Then, if/when you're lucky enough to find another carrier, you don't get the 'claim free' status, AND you have to pay a higher premium because you've had a recent claim.

And you have to show improvements of some sort, to prevent the same thing from happening again. But it's OK, it's only a little tv, not worth much, and little johnny and his friends just need a little bit of getting high because they're having a hard time dealing with these failing grades from these really hard classes that they are being forced to take.

You know, like reading, 'riting, 'rithmatic, 'relaxationing, 'rly gaming. Hard stuff like that.

As long as our losses continue to make their lives and habits better, that's all that counts. It's for the children, see????

It does not sound like a pro job.. if it were some one who did this as a living. they would have never kicked in the front door. and they would have taken every thing of value in 10 min or less.

I think it was a smash and grab. Small time guy looking for quick cash things that could be sold fast on the "street" not a pawn shop.
stuff like tv's lap tops and PS3'S will sell fast on the street and will never be tracked movies can be sold for $1 a piece at any pawn shop and they are are not tractable.

To me it sounds like a "junky" that needed a quick fix. he knows that guns like that wont sell fast and will draw extra heat cops are not going to waist there time for electronics but a gun will draw way more heat. He wanted a quick few $$$$'s for a hit. your TV is coursing through some guys veins rite now.. may be he will OD

I remember a movie I think it was blood sport #1 not the others where some punk kid broke in and in return the victim trained him to be bad ass and fight in underground tournament called a kumite, I even think it had a love plot. I would have cut his head off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The OP says he would execute the perpetrator(s) for a burglary of a few hundred dollars worth of stuff.
</div></div>

Yes.

Who gives a shit about the stuff or it's value. Stuff in my home lies within a kill zone and if there was a break in, robbery, burglary, forced entry, unwelcome guests - <span style="font-style: italic">which ever semantical argument you want to make to clarify and describe what happened</span> - to get that stuff <span style="font-style: italic">regardless of it's worth</span>, I'm going to assume the intruder(s) mean to harm me and I will harm them.

The only value a thief has in life is in their death. </div></div>

Yep! Agreed.

A criminal's life is forfeit if he forces it into my home, vehicle, place of work or that of my family and friends, in my presence or otherwise, so help me God.

My shit is mine.