• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Well fellas I got robbed

Re: Well fellas I got robbed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The OP says he would execute the perpetrator(s) for a burglary of a few hundred dollars worth of stuff.
Anybody think that would be appropriate?
</div></div>

Absolutely appropriate. Like I said before, the value of the object is irrelevant, it was the robbers choice/gamble to steal it. It doesn't matter if a robber is trying to steal a pack of $0.25 gum or car/TV/whatever. The robber is the one who instigated the situation and the robber knows full well that getting killed is a possibility.

Too funny - read this thread in the morning, went down from my home office to make a coffee and saw a thief in my neighbours garage. He ran to a car that was waiting on the road. I got in my car, gave chase but was too slow getting out the house to do anything. Came back home after calling 911 and they were there already (another neighbour saw it all) and had gotten the plate. Good news is they were already caught.

On the topic of shooting - if the thief was leaving my house I'd give him a very compelling reason to remain still and wait the arrival of the cops. If he was IN my house then there'd be no 'what are your intentions?'...

wanting to execute someone for stealing after the fact i.e. there is no issue of self-defense... well, I've heard it said that it's barbaric to cut someone's hand off for doing the same so go figure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need a big $#ing dog for Christmas. Get a cane corso.

You would've still needed new carpet though, unless you know how to get blood out. </div></div>

I will second this.... Any would be thief that looks in the window and sees 100 pounds of German Sheppard staring back at him will go find a different house to rob.

I have two and they are great family dogs. Don't have to be mean, just look the part.

When I lived alone in the middle of downtown during my college years, the first thing I got was a big red pitbull. NO one came near my house without me there. He would break windows to see who was walking around.

My poor meter lady was checking the natural glass meter and she got so scared she refused to come closer then the sidewalk. She said she could not figure out why random windows were being broken in the house and what that awful growling noise was. I told her it was the best investment I had ever put money into. My 104 lb walking alarm system!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

On the topic of shooting - if the thief was leaving my house I'd give him a very compelling reason to remain still and wait the arrival of the cops. If he was IN my house then there'd be no 'what are your intentions?'...

<span style="color: #FF0000">wanting to execute someone for stealing after the fact i.e. there is no issue of self-defense... well, I've heard it said that it's barbaric to cut someone's hand off for doing the same so go figure. </span></div></div>

I agree.
Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is my job to catch theives on a daily basis. From about mid October to mid January is our busiest time of year. So far in the last four weeks I've caught sixteen just in one area.

Watch out guys this time of year people know that other people are starting to stockpile for the holidays. </div></div>
Ever get the itch to just beat a little bit of shit out of them? Like maybe a club to the knees or a couple forearms to the face? </div></div>

Honestly... With most of them yes. Like the idiot that kept trying to get away from me on his bike while I was standing right infront of him, he kept ramming the tire right into my knee and nuts like hes going to get me to move I would've loved to hurt him. Then other times it's just sad and makes me shake my head. Catch someone, call it in only to find out they're only 19 but they look 40, with several warrants out for their arrest on prostitution, drugs, theft, etc. That one happened today.

I do not see anything immoral about killing a criminal. It really depends on perspective. I find it ironic that some people who eat meat* think killing a criminal is wrong. If an animal that has done no harm (a cow, chicken or pig) can be harvested and eaten, why can a thief, who is of no benefit to society be allowed to live? It doesn't make any sense. Human life is not worth any more than any other life by default. Rather the value of life depends on what the lifeform contributes to society. So for me, the life of a cow would indeed be worth more than that of the cattle rustler. The bottom line is: What sort of benefit to society justifies letting a career criminal live? Allow a criminal to live to assuage ones conscience at the expense of another victim in the future?

*Using my relatives as an example, but I'm sure there are many people out there who are similar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The OP says he would execute the perpetrator(s) for a burglary of a few hundred dollars worth of stuff.
</div></div>

I say perfectly appropriate, and in my state (FL) perfectly legal to use deadly force to stop the commission of any felony. The NAACP (and some other racial "equality" organizations) are trying very hard to change that as we speak, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redhooker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

I say perfectly appropriate, and in my state (FL) perfectly legal to use deadly force to stop the commission of any felony. The NAACP (and some other racial "equality" organizations) are trying very hard to change that as we speak, though. </div></div>

Legal in Ar too. I'd like to think I would smoke em if I caught them in my house. I feared for my life and all.

Well I haven't had time to get on the site much in the last week due to getting things replaced , dealing with insurance, and had to load a couple hundred rounds for my new custom bolt gun. Lots of opinions I see.

I doubt it will happen again but yes now most anything of value that will fit stays in my safe.

Would I shoot some one that's kicking my door in to take my stuff If I were home more than likely yes. Would they deserve it or would it be the right thing to do ? Not sure, would depend on if they were packing heat and may have decided to use it to get what they want. I myself wouldn't wait to find out. That and I have a 3yr son and value his life more than anything .

I don't have Facebook and don't believe anyone should . My wife does but wished she didn't . To easy for someone to type something down they shouldn't share with the world without realizing they did.

Thanks everyone and hopefully none of you get hit either with the holidays coming up .