• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well, I think I finally got ripped-off!

Nothing wrong with an 888 prefix, that simply means that it's a toll free number much like 800 and a couple others.
Most larger mail order business have had toll free numbers for decades. The company I work for has had an 888 number as the primary toll free order number for almost 3 decades now.

Having some "official" area code on your phone number means next to nothing these days since you can get almost any area code phone number you want.
This. Shit 90% of the Spam calls my govt tracking device recieves have my same area code. Most of those even have the same first 3 numbers past that.

The tears of laughter kept me from reading all of this.
Now that I can see again....
WTF? A company said that they would not accept your standard credit card and that you need to get a gift card from Walgreens? Somehow a grown FUCKING adult with at least an elementary school education thought this was legit? OMFG!!! I hope you never get a text from a Nigerian prince. Wait, check that. I hope you do, then tell us how that turns out.

To anyone else that has responded likewise. I am sorry for repeat. I will read the rest of the posts later when I need another laugh.

Reactions: Rio2019
This. Shit 90% of the Spam calls my govt tracking device recieves have my same area code. Most of those even have the same first 3 numbers past that.

That's pretty much how I know it's spam.
Nobody I know of would call me from like my same area code and 3 digit second prefix so if someone calls and xxx-xxx-???? is a match for my phone number well... bye..

My current Samsung phone has a pretty good spam filter that picks up probably 70% of spam calls and displays them as spam so you don't have to answer them.

Domain registrant location is Iceland
Domain registrant contact hidden by hosting.
Ip's based out of California
Storefront in Alaska

Seems legit imo...

Well the hosting industry isn’t exactly huge in AK, I’d wager a good number of legit AK websites arnt hosting in AK, and based on the actions of our government and government pushed private sector, I get not wanting to store your data on a US based server.

However the second someone says “gift cards” I just laugh at them and ask if their parents are proud of their scammy ass