• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well its HOT in the West

DIBBS

Old Mountain Man-Tired occasionally Grumpy SOB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2008
    WARSHington State
    Setting up for record heat here in the Northwest/West.

Today in my AO 105 ish. Normally 90's now, & the hottest time of the year here is usually late July through early August. Potentially we may have temps from 108-120 for about a week. Record high "low temps" too. 🥵

If there is a silver lining its a dry heat. Fire danger due to drought is much higher than normal. With the 4th of July coming, it could get ugly in a hurry. I Tried to find a portable AC for my mother in law who is in Western WA... every place is sold out.

I probably won't be doing any shooting till.... September unless we get a break.

Crazy weather... it will be interesting to see what happens the rest of the summer. Stay Cool!

It's kind of crazy when it's hotter in the north west than it is in Texas.
    Of course here we have hot but 85% or greater humidity....

Reactions: Snipe260 and DIBBS
    Lmao it’s 63 degrees in northern Colorado right now. Granted it just rained. But the past couple days have been very mild. It’s quite nice. I hope y’all get some relief from the heat soon.

Reactions: Laseredge
    Laughs in 117F…..BuT iTs A dRy HeAt🤪

pro tip: lay on the tile.

-AZ
    The only time I was in 117% was in southern Arizona on the way to San Diego one summer. My little Toyota P/U didnt have AC which up to about 100% never bothered me, just put the window down. At 117 with the window up you baked, with it down you air broiled.

The only time I was in 117% was in southern Arizona on the way to San Diego one summer. My little Toyota P/U didnt have AC which up to about 100% never bothered me, just put the window down. At 117 with the window up you baked, with it down you air broiled.
    The heat here hurts my body.

this was the other day on my way to the range. The second pic is when someone asks how it’s going at the range. 😂

536C03E7-D2B9-41A7-9D90-5472F6F0596E.jpeg

97680C79-B38E-447F-9AF4-1B089E6F5428.jpeg

I just bush hogged my corn. It was hopeless. Too hot and dry too soon.

No I wasn't hearing voices in my field, although I'm thinking a baseball diamond may be a better use of this poor soil.

The dry land grain in Eastern WA is not looking good. My uncle who farms, (or helps my cousin run the farm now), says harvest may be a month earlier than normal, and seed heads may not be filled. Absolutely CRAZY

On a six day run working in a recovery boiler in Washington; it’s hot in here.

Reactions: DIBBS
    Told my family it was 100 here in Washington. They told me “You’re a Texan, quit whining”. :LOL:
    Side note:
    Hottest stateside for me - Yuma, Az 128 degrees
    Hottest overseas for me - East Samarra, Iraq 147 degrees

• Haha
    Reactions: Slo cat and DIBBS
    The Iranian coast gets some of the highest heat index temperatures depending on the year.

Recorded or not, it’s what our thermometer read after it went past the 120 degree mark and on to the added tick marks (by us). Now I’m not saying it was 100% accurate, but it was hotter then 124. So either it was closer to 147 or it was so damn hot it broke the thermometer. :LOL: If I can find the photo of the thermometer, I’ll post it.

Pffft, it’s barely been in the 70’s the last few days in the Denver area. The next few days are going to be the same.

The west isn't fit for human habitation

Everyone.....go there. Leave the rustbelt. Move south and west.

... and in the Midwest, where it didn't snow this winter and didn't rain this spring, we've apparently now entered monsoon season in what is normally a drier part of the summer.

How is Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, etc considered "midwest" when the geological center of the USA is in Kansas? So wouldn't that make what you call the "midwest" the mideast? By geological definition, places like Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana the midwest.

My son says the weather is crazy in CA. In LA he says it's 100+, but just an hours south, in Huntington Beach it's perfect weather. No heat wave at all.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    The hottest temperature ever recorded on earth is 134°F in Death Valley. From everything I've found, the hottest recorded temperature in Iraq is 124°F.
    Some of those "official" are suspect.

I've seen numerous times in different places throughout the ME where the "official" wet bulb thermometer in the shade BS was above 124.

Lived it, been there, done that.... but the t-shirt spontaneously combusted, so there's that.

How is Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, etc considered "midwest" when the geological center of the USA is in Kansas? So wouldn't that make what you call the "midwest" the mideast? By geological definition, places like Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana the midwest.

Fuck if I know; it's been called that for over a century. Take it up with someone from the pre-WWI era, I guess? 🤷‍♂️

I do like the term "Salt Belt" (as used above by @308pirate) better, as it's more distinctive and accurate. Or I could say "Great Lakes basin", but that's the sort of thing that an asshole would say

It was 70* here at the beach yesterday and will get up to 72* today. Inland it will get to almost 100*.

It'll be a scorcher here today on the Wetside!

When I left the house this morning.

20210627_072708.jpg

When I arrived the Gulag.

20210627_075906.jpg

Oh the stench in this hell hole the next few days is gonna be epic!

forecast is mid to upper 70s here on the coast for the next week, reaching 80 degrees next saturday.

Reactions: 1J04
    Come on down @1J04, I'm sure the jails here need help.

Brother, if'n when I ever make that run over your way, we ain't have'n nuth'n do with no damn Jail. We're jus gonna kick back, down some cold ones, lie like hell to each other, and eat good I'm hope'n! :p

Reactions: JMGlasgow
    I have a Canadian rig contractor and 90% of the hands are from Canada. Peace River BC is expecting 3 days this week over 100 degrees, unheard of. I’m in New Mexico now and it’s very unseasonably hot here too.

Climate change is very strange, I know it sure got the fishing all jacked up… 🎣

At one point in time (1810 - 1830) the Ohio River valley region was the FAR west. As statehood pushed into Missouri river that became the west and this part of the country became the midwest.