• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up West central Ohio

I can if it's not too long, don't know the area so if you guys want to set something, I'm in.

I could do a range trip as well, just need to know what type of shooting is being planned.

Steel or paper ? I could bring the MK 13 MOD 7 if anyone wants to check it out. Don’t have much time on it but it is zeroed at 100 yd and have some ammo,
Rad

I usually just meander down to Vandalia Range and Armory. They have a 100yd range with 5 lanes in their basement.

ETA: Spring Valley is open now I believe. It's kinda a drive from the breakfast spot though.

If we are doing rifle stuff, I will not have any of my fun toys available this weekend. Wasn't thinking of a rifle range visit.

I have a rifle I can shoot to 100 yards, but not what anyone else would be interested in. Don't take my feedback as crapping on the idea of a range visit.

Looks like a lot of rain all day Saturday. I’m good for whatever.

Two of us going on this end. Never been to a CB, do we need reservations? Anybody going have an Impact action? I'd like to check one out.

For those of us that made it, good to meet you, and for those that didn't I hope you can make it next time. We are hoping to do a Thunder Valley range trip sometime so we can all stretch the legs on our rifles. I am open for most any weekend with open range time, so I will let others pick when works best for them. The schedule can be found here.

It was good to put faces with names! This morning was really enjoyable. Looking forward to further fondling a few AIs and sending lead downrange. 😉

Reactions: kyzim311
Very enjoyable. Always good to meet like minded folks. I also am looking forward to a range day and learning from those with a lot more experience.

I haven’t been to TVP yet. I would like to tag along and there would be 4 AI’s to play with.
Someone needs to pick a time and date. Looks like 4/17 (Saturday), 4/25 (Sunday), 5/2 (Sunday), 5/16 (Sunday), and 5/22 (Saturday) are Open range weekend days for the next month and a half. I skipped mothers day to avoid anyone getting in trouble. Any preferences on Saturday vs Sunday, or maybe need to look further out into June?

I would bring 3-4 non AI rifles, so there should be a great selection of glass and rifles to look at.

Someone needs to pick a time and date. Looks like 4/17 (Saturday), 4/25 (Sunday), 5/2 (Sunday), 5/16 (Sunday), and 5/22 (Saturday) are Open range weekend days for the next month and a half. I skipped mothers day to avoid anyone getting in trouble. Any preferences on Saturday vs Sunday, or maybe need to look further out into June?

I would bring 3-4 non AI rifles, so there should be a great selection of glass and rifles to look at.
I would prefer a Saturday. But a Sunday wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me.

I would be interested in playing with a bighorn origin as I have one on order.

Early to mid May would be better for me bu dont let be the only thing making your decision.

I would prefer a Saturday. But a Sunday wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me.

I would be interested in playing with a bighorn origin as I have one on order.
So far it looks like May 22nd is the best pick, but more input would be better.

Good meeting you guys, I can do May 22. I'm up for a trip sooner. I have a bunch of friends from "that State up North" - Henry you are more than welcome to join us.

Looking at both the TVP schedule and my own, I'll be available for the open range on 6/19. 🤣🤣

Good meeting you guys, I can do May 22. I'm up for a trip sooner. I have a bunch of friends from "that State up North" - Henry you are more than welcome to join us.
Well scheduling is getting more complicated. Maybe everyone aim for 6/19 as a big meetup, and if some of the rest want to do a preview earlier we can? Or aim for just one group visit? I will have the shortest drive, so I am up for multiple visits.

I’d be in! Sounds fun! I can bring an AI and/or DT if anyone wants to shoot. I’m good for any day really. I’ll just call in sick at work lol
"that State up North" - Henry you are more than welcome to join us.
I promise I won’t wear any U of M apparel 😂

I'll remember to follow this closer.
I have a Desert Tech SRS A2 in 6.5 Creedmoor and .338LM
Near Spring Valley range here; I confirm it's open and I've been shooting there.
I'm down for a TVP trip.

For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE don't wait on me! I work every-other and going to Indy for the weekend 6-22/23 for my anniversary. I'd switch plans, but I'm pretty fond of my wife. Lol.

Don’t base everything on my choice as anything after mid May is out for me. I am headed west for the rest of summer around 6/1 if all goes on schedule.

Based on the current results, we likely will not get everyone there all at once anyhow. Most are interested in multiple trips, so we can plan multiple dates and people show up as they can. Right now we have May 22nd and June 19th as popular options so mark them on your calendar.

I might go this Saturday as well if the weather holds (April 17th), but that is way too quick for most and I would prioritize the other dates I have above. If you want to join me, send me a PM. I would bring my SAC alpha 11/ manners PRS1 build, along with a couple other rifles that might peak others interest to any of these trips. 3 rifles is a light day for me.

Weather will be a factor as if the wind picks up too much, or if it is raining too hard it would not be a good time for anyone. We will have to wait until the week of each event to determine the forecast.

If you have never been to TVP before, they open at 10 am on open range days. I aim to be there by 9:30 if I want to pick my bench. They have 20 covered concrete benches, and you can lay between the benches if you prefer prone shooting. Steel targets from 200 to a mile at regular intervals that are at least 1 MOA in size, some clay pigeons at various ranges, and they were working on some even further targets last time I was there. Price is $30 for however long you are there shooting for the day, and they have a RSO to keep everything under control. Main safety rule to note is if the rifle is not at the line, bolt out or chamber flag in every gun with the magazine removed. Anything up to 338 Lapua is fine, but they have had too many people with 50 cal class rifles ruin steel so those are off limits for shooting at steel.

Reactions: long range sponge
Great time with everyone that showed up today. Took a quick picture of the rifles that conquered the mile target today, and hopefully we can get a few more in May and June. I also have a Google photo album of the hit videos linked here. The videos are 4k, and cartridge is listed in the video titles for each.
PXL_20210417_161835341.jpg

Great time, thanks for setting this up Kyzim. If anyone from last week is interested, we're going out in about a month.

Looks like Saturdays May 7. ,14 and maybe 28 are open unless i am not reading thr schedule right.
The 14th would work best for me possibly the 7th if i get ammo ready.
That is if you dont mind a novice hanging around with you.

Looks like Saturdays May 7. ,14 and maybe 28 are open unless i am not reading thr schedule right.
The 14th would work best for me possibly the 7th if i get ammo ready.
That is if you dont mind a novice hanging around with you.
We welcome people that want to learn. All of us had to at one point or another.