• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We've updated the site!

Search seems to have issue. Shows results in quirky format (as mentioned above), yet clicking on link(s) always comes up "Oops, we ran into some problems. The requested page could not be found". Using information from Search results the article can be manually located in respective thread. Processing URL from Search results has glitch.
I was having the same problem, am using Chrome with Duck Duck Go search enabled. Once I turned off "Duck Duck Go" in the setting, all searches on the forum worked perfectly.
Hope this helps.

Ray

"Resource limit reached" error only started for me yesterday and continues into today. Didn't happen until yesterday.
Using Chrome on a Macbook Pro.

Same error, but to add that the same has been popping up on a local PNW gun forum I frequent for the last 3-4 days. I'm sure it's unrelated, maybe. Hopefully not some DDoS.

I’ve received the resources limit reached error 3 times in the last 24 hours

Hey everyone, thanks for reporting all of the 508 errors. Unfortunately, it seems that we're the target of a DDOS attack and we're working as quickly as we can to get this issue resolved. Thanks for your patience

I was having the same problem, am using Chrome with Duck Duck Go search enabled. Once I turned off "Duck Duck Go" in the setting, all searches on the forum worked perfectly.
Hope this helps.

Ray
Thanks. Using Firefox, but will check DDG interference.

Sight is jacked. 508 errors on Firefox PC and Chrome I phone.

At least the thread title is appropriately called update vs upgrade.

I hate updates. Every time they push a mandatory update to my work PC, it's fucked for a couple days before I get everything working right again.

Same error message......never seen such a message on any website.
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 6.37.29 PM.png

From Lowlight in a different thread. Lots of DDos.
They are working on this issue,

The last updated fundamentally changed the way the software manages the traffic, so they have to retune the software to operate correclty

I will follow up Monday but they are having conversation on the backside about tuning and correcting the resource errors

We are seeing a lot of DDoS attacks too, which speed up the process a few of the crashes around have to do with these constant hack attempts. They try everyday and again the system has to readdress the changes to lock down the new areas and unlock some of the old ones

it's a hassle but being looked at as we speak

Another Update,

They added a DDoS tool to the site something that should eliminate part of the problem

We are being targeted, for the most part everyday, so we have to strengthen the walls against the potential invaders

Here is an idea of what happened over the weekend, those green spikes are attacks

View attachment 7670844

Don't bother asking why, they do it every day, the why is not important they always do it.

It will take about 24 hours to cycle the system through with the changes, but I have hit the update button we just need the internet to go through it's motions

Once the new system cycles into place the problem should go away

I haven't read every post in this thread so if what I'm about to say has been said already, please excuse me.

So, I see that now we have to be "supporting members" in order to post in the PX. For ultra-long timers such as myself this is a sad day. I've actually been on this site for much longer than my join date indicates. I've been here a few times under different names but have changed names when servers got updated or other technical changes were made.

Having said that, I find it extremely ironic that, when I clicked on the "Upgrade" button I was instantly offered the opportunity to pay by, of all things anti-firearm, PayPal. Really, couldn't you guys have come up with something better?

A sad day indeed.

Reactions: lash
I haven't read every post in this thread so if what I'm about to say has been said already, please excuse me.

So, I see that now we have to be "supporting members" in order to post in the PX. For ultra-long timers such as myself this is a sad day. I've actually been on this site for much longer than my join date indicates. I've been here a few times under different names but have changed names when servers got updated or other technical changes were made.

Having said that, I find it extremely ironic that, when I clicked on the "Upgrade" button I was instantly offered the opportunity to pay by, of all things anti-firearm, PayPal. Really, couldn't you guys have come up with something better?

A sad day indeed.

You all did it

And Pay Pal is organic to the system

Leave, that is all I have to say, go away, if you want to poison my well, you can leave it's that easy

In addition to the well known "resources limited " , I keep getting redirected to "check my server" , and pictures aren't loading. I know it must be difficult to make wholesale changes to a site used by so many, and I'm familiar with updating my own website and the pain in the butt that it is. That said, I sure hope this stuff gets fixed sooner than later. The site is not very usable with this level of issues ongoing. Maybe I'm having these issues more often than others???

In addition to the well known "resources limited " , I keep getting redirected to "check my server" , and pictures aren't loading. I know it must be difficult to make wholesale changes to a site used by so many, and I'm familiar with updating my own website and the pain in the butt that it is. That said, I sure hope this stuff gets fixed sooner than later. The site is not very usable with this level of issues ongoing. Maybe I'm having these issues more often than others???
No I'm having these issues with the server check as well on my MacBook Pro and Safari. It is what it is until the DDoS attacks stop I guess?

When I clicked my link to open your site there was a 5 second delay acknowledgement screen before going to your site . ??????

I too...and I assume all of us...am getting the "checking your browser" message frequently and I can only think that this is the result of the tool they are using to fight the DDOS attacks. Don't know enough about those type of products to be aware of any that are less operationally intrusive. I got to believe that @alexj-12 is on top of it and working to make it a bit smoother of an experience.

I too am having intermittent issues with uploading pics into posts. Copy and paste of an image from my local HD results in the pic seeming to show up for a second and then disappearing and getting an error message. It worked by linking to the address of the image and now its working from drag and drop from my local HD. So...like I said, intermittent.

All things considered, the site is working well overall and I'm sure that they will iron out this little issues.

Reactions: 4X4Dad
FYI - The "Checking your browser..." screen popped up this AM and was stuck there. It seemed to reload repeatedly (sceen had an almost inperceptable flash and the number at the bottom changed several times) but never took me to the site even after several minutes. Tried repeatedly - same thing. I closed the browser and cleared cookies and history before I could access the site. I was on an iPad using Safari - no VPN or add on security software on my end.

508 error here multiple times over the last few days. I am on the verge of .... being patient until the issue is resolved. But I do need something to read while in the can, taking a shit.

Reactions: tnc
I look at where the site is going, and after some confusion on my own part, I have to admit, it's headed for a good place, assuming the rest of the world leaves us alone to do our thing.

I follow trends, and some of the newer ones are ones that we ourselves have kindled. When we came upon the scene over two decades ago, we were very many of us guys (admittedly fewer then...) with Hunting rifles and Varmint rifles, and that was OK; but it was nowhere near what we have today. Today we are at the head of the pack of rifle/individual weapons innovators. We play a big part in driving the private firearm industry.

The forums (fora?) have haggled and taggled through a vast multitude of what we like to call "Dumb Questions", and the outcomes have been surprising. There's gold buried down there in all of that dumbness.

Here's a secret for you; If you want to be brilliant; sometimes, you have to start out smart and then dive back down into the dumb stuff you bypassed on the way getting up to that smart but tiny ledge. Missed correlations that would never have occurred to you can jump out and seize your imagination. I do it; and wish I did it more.

This has attracted the interest, and now, the participation, of some of the most skilled and intrepid firearms and component manufacturers. This can only be a good thing.

A lot of concentration, but the bandwidth of that attraction hangs on the narrow and costly end of the spectrum. Still not a bad thing, It takes money to drive innovation.

But it is also a recipe for dead ends. It does not address the lifeblood of our pursuits; the new guy, especially well at all. Yes, there are folks who can buy thousands worth of really cool gear, but they constitute neither the grand bulk, nor the burgeoning future that our pursuits utterly require in order to stand tall in the blasting gale of political opposition. My own decades of experience with both Youth (Scouts) and Youth Marksmanship Training (NRA) has borne this out hundreds of times. If you want an educated, and motivated new participant in the upper echelons; you have to build them, they do not naturally occur.

I will not (will never) say that we don't deal with this, we do. I do. Many others here do.

But it needs to be more visible and accessible to the Internet wandering neophyte who is the very candidate we need to attract the most.

When I post questions, answers; it is not necessarily to put out certifiably correct answers. It's to promote discussion. I expect disagreement; I expect to be told I'm wrong.

But that's not enough. I also need to know why I'm wrong, and what you've got that's undeniably the better way.

So; let's please do that here.

Greg

Last edited:
nothing but resource limit is reached errors for the last half hour. frustrating

Hey everyone, the site is back online and updated! If you see any issues please let me or another mod know and we'll look to get it fixed.
I have been on this form for damn near as long as it has been here and it tells me I have insufficient privileges to post!!! What the hell is going on????

I have been on this form for damn near as long as it has been here and it tells me I have insufficient privileges to post!!! What the hell is going on????
If you were trying to post an item for sale in the PX, it’s because you now have to pay to play. You should be able to post in all regular sections of the forum.

• Wow
Reactions: raptor99
I am not able to search. When running a search it returns results, but when I click on one of the threads it says,

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

The requested page could not be found.

If you were trying to post an item for sale in the PX, it’s because you now have to pay to play. You should be able to post in all regular sections of the forum.
Thanks for the reply. I guess I will be moving on. I have enjoyed the sight but not paying the kind of money they are asking to sell a couple of items a year.....

Yep, it was a hard down all morning for me. I'm sure @alexj-12 is pulling her hair out and hopefully the down time this morn is indicative of them taking some corrective action.

I'm retied now but worked as a Prog/Proj Mng in telecom core network equipment area which, over the course of my career, became almost all software. I HATED fucking software migrations and upgrades. Sales and Prod Mng people always pushed with the customer but those of us who actually had to resolve issues and make it work knew that there was ALWAYS problems and it NEVER worked out exactly as advertised.

So I'm rather patient and understanding with the issues arising on the site and have GREAT sympathy for Alex and her efforts to get this straightened out. They'll get there in time.

Just my cynical view of software upgrades.

Reactions: lash and P-Squared
It was down from last night through just now for me.
Wasn't sure if it was possibly on my end so I checked site status online. Looks like the whole site was down for everyone.

I wonder if this DDOS attack BS has anything to do with the 2A Antifa Twitter Assholes????

Doesn't really take any special talent for some asshole to find attack malware on the dark web.

I had acquaintance that's a bit of a Black Hat hacker & he demonstrated this for me on one of those spammer call centers. He wrecked their operation for like 24 hrs in under 1 minute. It was only 24hrs because he put a time limit on it.

On the bright side, when this gets sorted security will surely be improved.

1627231440652.png

Hey everyone, if you're having issues viewing alerts or sending conversation messages we're aware of the problem and currently investigating