• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s the point (barking dogs)

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
So got a couple around here, things are constantly going off like broke car alarm

And it’s the same thing, I mean I get having a dog that will alert, if anything mine has a VERY high threshold before he will make a sound, but having a dog that’s ALWAYS yapping, I don’t see the point, people ain’t constantly waking their house with their pistols every time a leaf falls and the damn dog goes off again, seems like a never ending false alarm

So folks with yapping dogs, what is the appeal? Just too lazy to train the pup, think it scares someone? I’d imagine if it’s annoying to be down the street from it, living in the same house as the yapper must be a hoot

[rant off]

Last edited:
Life is far easier to understand, if you just know that some people are stupid.
I think its that simple.

Just bought a place with 2 Pitbulls on one side and 2 behind me. Every time I go into the yard they charge the fence. So far they havent come over the fence but I told the owners in no uncertain terms that is they enter my yard and attack me they will get a 45ACP in the forehead. No second chance. They didnt like it but I dont care. I wont let an animal chew me up.

I'll take my little yappers over the people that have big dogs and leave them outside for most of their lives to bark all day and all night.

We were on the porch tying one on when it happened. The neighbors ran their dog over. we heard the one last death Nell as ole buddy kicked the bucket. I was never happier.

Id take a dog no matter the breed over most people now a days honest and loyal to a bitter fault but at least you can now they are not waiting to stick a knife in your back , or separate you from your possessions . a dog would follow you to hell and back kids lol not so much . lol

Never had yappers--big dogs that only bark to let me know that I need to dispose of the evidence of their protection. That said, most yappers are breeds bred to yap. From what I have read, it is difficult to train them not to yap--bark collars seem to be the best bet, but that only works if the dog is yours. Maybe you could lock one on your neighbor's neck (his, not his dog's).

Id take a dog no matter the breed over most people now a days honest and loyal to a bitter fault but at least you can now they are not waiting to stick a knife in your back , or separate you from your possessions . a dog would follow you to hell and back kids lol not so much . lol

Our rat terrier was diagnosed with pancreatitis Friday morning and had to stay at the vet for a couple days. He is home with us and been struggling to even get up to go to the bathroom but still gave me kisses last night and this morning. Yet, people wonder why I'd rather stay home with my dogs instead of hang out with people.

Our rat terrier was diagnosed with pancreatitis Friday morning and had to stay at the vet for a couple days. He is home with us and been struggling to even get up to go to the bathroom but still gave me kisses last night and this morning. Yet, people wonder why I'd rather stay home with my dogs instead of hang out with people.
I love and trust dogs way over people any day ! Been blessed with a few dogs ….ended up best friends 🍻 🦮. 🇺🇸

Wana really mess with their heads. When the neighbors yuppie yappy dog starts barking say, “do you wanna treat do you wanna treat”. Throws them off their game.

People who have aggressive breeds and allow them to charge their neighbors fence lines with out corrective action have zero business with large aggressive breeds.

Most people do not know how to train dogs, or give them the space and socialization they require, many of these people are breeding.

If you lock your dog in a small kennel... fuck you. Let me lock you in a cage with no bathroom you fucking prick!

Bad Dogs are cause by Bad Dog Owners. Period. Has a bunch in my Life from Irish Wolfhounds to Chocolate lab and Aussie Shepherds. Never met a bad dog - showed dogs for a few years and helped others show theirs. Never met a bad dog. Lot's of Stupid/Rude owners.

People want to get a puppy that is not really weaned properly and then expect them to learn obedience and The Ropes on their own. I can't tolerate a dog in my vicinity barking incessantly and at all hours. The first couple times I'll go to the home and ring the bell/knock on the door and when someone answers I'll tell them that their dog is barking all fucking night - shut him up. After about 3 of those I call the Police which sucks because they got better things to do.

Hell has a special place for bad owners.

VooDoo

I once went by one neighbors dog, it started barking at my brothers dog.
I said "well hello" to it and it started whining.

Dogs do not come with instruction manual and many are half illiterate nowdays so it would not help much.

Dog getting under a car, I would not be very happy about it. It is the owner whom is to blame for dogs bad behaviour. He will just get another dog and the same thing goes on.

Reactions: TurboTrout
100% on bad owners being the problem

Which is the crux of my question, after their first dog who keeps barking 24/7, or not potty trained, dog one day passes away, why do they get another one vs be like “dog ownership ain’t for me”?

For me, I’m not good at skate boarding, I would like to be, with a ton of work maybe I’d be aiiight at it, but since it’s apparently for whatever reason not my thing, I don’t own a skate board

100% on bad owners being the problem

Which is the crux of my question, after their first dog who keeps barking 24/7, or not potty trained, dog one day passes away, why do they get another one vs be like “dog ownership ain’t for me”?

For me, I’m not good at skate boarding, I would like to be, with a ton of work maybe I’d be aiiight at it, but since it’s apparently for whatever reason not my thing, I don’t own a skate board
See post #2>

"Life is far easier to understand, if you just know that some people are stupid."

See post #2>

"Life is far easier to understand, if you just know that some people are stupid."

This is true

Do feel bad for the pup though

People say mine is well behaved, yeah he doesn’t bark, is potty trained, knows basic stuff, but I look at the YouTube videos like this and am like “he’s ok trained” lol

• Love
Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
I think its that simple.

Just bought a place with 2 Pitbulls on one side and 2 behind me. Every time I go into the yard they charge the fence. So far they havent come over the fence but I told the owners in no uncertain terms that is they enter my yard and attack me they will get a 45ACP in the forehead. No second chance. They didnt like it but I dont care. I wont let an animal chew me up.

It's always pitbulls and they always have more than one of the stupid things. Like they go to the animal shelter, walk past all the mutts, the regular dogs, the fuzzy little dogs so they can pick out the pitbull that has been at the shelter for 275 days.

It's always pitbulls and they always have more than one of the stupid things. Like they go to the animal shelter, walk past all the mutts, the regular dogs, the fuzzy little dogs so they can pick out the pitbull that has been at the shelter for 275 days.
This.

I have nothing against PB's per say but they are almost always agressive. These folks have two young children that they leave with the dogs unsupervised. That bothers me but its not my place to say anything.

Pit bulls are #1 with ultra low income
German shepherds are #2 with semi low income

Both have the same mindset of “it’s protection” BS

Ain’t the dog, it’s the mutt of a owner

Best guard dog I ever had was a min pin, ultimately I just want the dog to alert, I don’t want them to engage, that’s a let the human handle it for people like me who don’t enjoy qualified immunity

So got a couple around here, things are constantly going off like broke care alarm

And it’s the same thing, I mean I get having a dog that will alert, if anything mine has a VERY high threshold before he will make a sound, but having a dog that’s ALWAYS yapping, I don’t see the point, people ain’t constantly waking their house with their pistols every time a leaf falls and the damn dog goes off again, seems like a never ending false alarm

So folks with yapping dogs, what is the appeal? Just too lazy to train the pup, think it scares someone? I’d imagine if it’s annoying to be down the street from it, living in the same house as the yapper must be a hoot

[rant off]
Regarding bad dog owners.

b9b2f1e676a9f56dd94d7e61141c47fe--laughing-so-hard-adult-humor.jpg

Reactions: TurboTrout
Some dogs bark by nature.

A great pyrenees barks at his own alert... to potential predators...like raccoons, opossums, hawks, vultures, coyotes, etc.... they WILL bark all night... if kept in a yard(good luck with that).
Matter of fact, they will bark when they are working...and theyre meant to work.

Look at how many pyrenees are in shelters...i promise you find as many as pitbulls... because theyre terrible PETS.
They drool rivers and shed blankets.

Pitbulls, when properly trained and socialized are no worse than any other dog....the worst offenders are the sub 20lb dogs..."because theyre easy".

People tend to read about the characteristics of a breed and just assume that those characteristics take no training to expose.... just like their own kids.
They leave them alone and expect great things.
Most humans are unworthy pet owners.

i dunno, most people don't even walk their dog appropriately.
taking your dog out just long enough to pee and poo is not enough, jmo.

Reactions: Near miss
I’ll take my dogs over most humans. Got a lot more sense and way more loyal! Yea , I’ll kill a motherfucker that try’s to harm my dog!

My dogs are my kids. They are far more important to us than most people and I'd do anything to protect them. Our rat terrier is fortunate to have us in his life, he has to have allergy shots every two weeks, started anti seizure meds about 3 months ago, the pancreatitis issue this week and found out he has issues with his thyroid while he was at the vet this weekend. It sucks knowing how much we spend on him but most people wouldn't have went through all this.

Reactions: Snipe260
My dogs are my kids. They are far more important to us than most people and I'd do anything to protect them. Our rat terrier is fortunate to have us in his life, he has to have allergy shots every two weeks, started anti seizure meds about 3 months ago, the pancreatitis issue this week and found out he has issues with his thyroid while he was at the vet this weekend. It sucks knowing how much we spend on him but most people wouldn't have went through all this.
He’s worth it! They posses a love humans can’t comprehend!

Look at how many pyrenees are in shelters...i promise you find as many as pitbulls... because theyre terrible PETS.

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with what you are saying but thats kind of a stretch, something like 40% of dogs in pound/shelter are “pit bulls” even though they aren’t the most common dog (that would be labradors). Too many people get the cute puppy and when it grows up into a big dog they can’t control they get rid of it.

Reactions: Bradu
I think its that simple.

The dog or the owners?

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
I’m not necessarily disagreeing with what you are saying but thats kind of a stretch, something like 40% of dogs in pound/shelter are “pit bulls” even though they aren’t the most common dog (that would be labradors). Too many people get the cute puppy and when it grows up into a big dog they can’t control they get rid of it.

Pretty sure chihuahuas are ranked up there because of their temperament. Almost every pitbull I've been around that have good owners are some of the biggest babies you will ever meet. It goes back to shit fucking owners almost every time regardless of the breed, but as someone else mentioned, pit bulls seem to be the choice of dog for low income trash.

Pits issue is

80% the demographic who wants them

20% being high energy and high prey drive, but that’s true of MANY other breeds even the bush voters dog of choice the GSD

Reactions: BCP
Pretty sure chihuahuas are ranked up there because of their temperament. Almost every pitbull I've been around that have good owners are some of the biggest babies you will ever meet. It goes back to shit fucking owners almost every time regardless of the breed, but as someone else mentioned, pit bulls seem to be the choice of dog for low income trash.

On of the medics I worked with adopted a deaf pit as a little pup, hard luck case type thing, became a giant lapdog