• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos What’s your big bore caliber of choice? ?

Cadex Defence

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
61469708_2748632455163425_2444451533820002304_n.jpg

What bore guide do you guys at Cadex use? I will pick up my 375 Shadow next week and nee to get a bore guide. Thanks for the help.

Got the shadow out this morning for it's first 50 rounds. I was just fire forming brass, but all indications are this thing is going to hammer!
IMG_20190615_135513542.jpg

I went with a 7-35 atacr instead of my beast. At 60 moa cant, I ended up with 35 mils of useable adjustment in the elevation turret after zeroing. Can't wait to get back to Kansas!

Mines hardly considered a "big bore", but it's as big as I got at the moment. May spin up a barrel for it in 33 or 37XC if I ever get the itch.

.300NM:

Reactions: Geno C.
The 280 AI brings a lot to the table. Better with the lighter bullets than the old 06. Good sectional density with the 160s and 175s for heavier critters. Easy on brass and your shoulder. A fair amount of cool factor as well.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
Nothing that fancy...but 45-70 Govt is my favorite. It just flat out knocks critters down. Fun brush gun, sent this bull cartwheeling.
IMGP2067.JPG

camera 002.jpg

First round was double lung, second round blew 3" of neckbone out and tossed this 2009 bull like a rag doll. Crappy video shot with an old flip phone. Best viewed in full screen. He was dead before he hit the ground. Used a converted Mauser & Buffalo Bore ammo. Location: Utah near Fishlake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you start with a commercial Mauser for a rimmed cartridge or did you modify an action to feed them?

I have a soft spot for the 45 70, anything else the 300winny will have to do

50BMG and 50 Beowulf is all the big bore stuff I got for now

What ballhead is that @kthomas? I like the color and design

It's a Uniqball UBH 45. The coolest feature is that it's a gimbal ball head. Once you level the outer ball and lock it in place, in the inner ball head can only move in the horizontal and vertical axis - no cant is induced as you transition between targets. The outer ballhead doesn't have to be locked in, so it can be used as a "regular ballhead" as well if need be.

It's rated up to ~90 lbs, so it's a pretty solid ballhead.

Reactions: Nik H
I’ve wanted a SEB for a while but was looking at the NEO. Do you know anything about the NEO versus the Mini?
I haven’t shot it from the Mini yet, that was just for the photo. I have a Sinclair competition rest that is a little better for the weight, although honestly the Mini is a tank and would probably be fine especially with a little counterweight.

I emailed Ernie to get on the list for a MAX. The Mini is superb though. Seb’s machining is like art.

I haven’t shot it from the Mini yet, that was just for the photo. I have a Sinclair competition rest that is a little better for the weight, although honestly the Mini is a tank and would probably be fine especially with a little counterweight.

I emailed Ernie to get on the list for a MAX. The Mini is superb though. Seb’s machining is like art.
From what I understand, the MAX is meant for super heavy guns. I am only using my AXMC which is about 20 lbs.

Do you think the MINI is stable enough for my AXMC or would I need a NEO?

Do you order from SEB directly? I don’t know who Ernie is. Any help would be appreciated

From what I understand, the MAX is meant for super heavy guns. I am only using my AXMC which is about 20 lbs.

Do you think the MINI is stable enough for my AXMC or would I need a NEO?

Do you order from SEB directly? I don’t know who Ernie is. Any help would be appreciated
The mini would be fine for an AX. You can get a two inch wide bag from Protektor or you can get a plate to put on your forend for more stability. If they have them in stock I’d grab one, it’s an amazing rest. Resale value should be good here or on accurateshooter if it’s somehow not what you were looking for.

Ernie is the US distributor for SEB stuff. Super nice guy, sometimes responds to emails a little faster than other times.

Ernie Bishop
Gillete, WY 82716
[email protected]
307-257-7431

The mini would be fine for an AX. You can get a two inch wide bag from Protektor or you can get a plate to put on your forend for more stability. If they have them in stock I’d grab one, it’s an amazing rest. Resale value should be good here or on accurateshooter if it’s somehow not what you were looking for.

Ernie is the US distributor for SEB stuff. Super nice guy, sometimes responds to emails a little faster than other times.

Ernie Bishop
Gillete, WY 82716
[email protected]
307-257-7431
Thank you. I will give him a shout and see what the pricing and availability of both are. I tend to always buy more than I need to be sure. I really like the NEO. It is 10 pounds heavier than the MINI. I would rather buy big than compromise on stability.

Thank you. I will give him a shout and see what the pricing and availability of both are. I tend to always buy more than I need to be sure. I really like the NEO. It is 10 pounds heavier than the MINI. I would rather buy big than compromise on stability.
I suspect the wait for the NEO and MAX is going to be 6-12 months. I bought the Mini mainly because it was in stock. It really depends more about whether you want something portable, I think.

Also just throwing it out there, if you haven’t used a joystick rest before you might want to try one. They take some getting used to and some people never really take to them.

I suspect the wait for the NEO and MAX is going to be 6-12 months. I bought the Mini mainly because it was in stock. It really depends more about whether you want something portable, I think.

Also just throwing it out there, if you haven’t used a joystick rest before you might want to try one. They take some getting used to and some people never really take to them.

That is a good idea relative to trying. I should ask to borrow my buddy's Sinclair...

Sebastian does not require any deposit as he says there is always a next in line. I will just get on the list as it will be a long wait.