• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What .22 LR Ammo is Showing Up These Days???

I go thru a bunch every year & was just sharing where found it. If your so stocked up & prepared than you must me the hoarder DILHOLE!:p

There's a difference between being hording and being smart enough to stock up when availability is good and prices are low than to let the sheeple dictate my ammo prices, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

With the price you're paying for Federal and Remington junk I should sell you several bricks of Wolf Match for not much more, but then you wouldn't learn anything.

4 to 5 cents a round & I'm paying too much & your buying match ammo cheaper? Yeah right! Better get back to your X-Box son.:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm missing something here. Who is buying true match ammo for less than $2 to $2.50 for a box of 50? ToddM may be a genius if he's paying that.
Or a lying moron. Who knows or cares? I'm done.

Last edited:
Ill never understand the allure of shooting 15 dollar a box match 22lr. For that price I can easily load 77gr 223 and damn near 178gr 308. If you don't reload fine, but I see a lot of reloaders shooting the expensive rimfire stuff.

I bought a set of tools that turn cheap bulk ammo into very near match grade. One sorts the rim thickness & the other resizes, reshapes & makes the bullet perfectly round & perferctly aligned with the case with the correct size flat on the nose just like the high dollar "match grade". Call me the nickel shooter as I can shoot 20 rds a day for $1 out of my cheap Savage MK II FV-SR & group 10 rds normally under a nickel @ 60 yds. Sure is great practice & so much cheaper than shooting my Sigs or other big bores. But I take each shot as serious as I do those $2 shots. Great Fun Cheap!:cool:

I bought a set of tools that turn cheap bulk ammo into very near match grade.

Interesting...I've never found anything that could turn bulk ammo into near match grade,
short of selling it and buying match grade. With today's market the price of match grade
is about the same per round as the bulk rimfire. I've tried weighing, rim sorting to no useful end.
Bulk ammo production just doesn't have the kind of quality control in place as the match grade ammo.
Were talking the amount of powder, primer, brass quality, bullet quality in each round that
pretty much eliminates being able to make bulk ammo anything more than it is...cheap low quality ammo,
prone to squibs, flyers, stovepipes and fail to fire. I've talked with gents who have attempted
to make bulk ammo accurate but never found any who would rely on it in anything but freindly competition.
When it gets down to serious shooting, you want accuracy, you have to pay extra for it.

Last edited:
Ill never understand the allure of shooting 15 dollar a box match 22lr. For that price I can easily load 77gr 223 and damn near 178gr 308. If you don't reload fine, but I see a lot of reloaders shooting the expensive rimfire stuff.
Yes, some match 22lr ammo does approach reload prices, but rimfire isn't only about shooting with less cost. Some are restricted with how powerful (or loud) of a weapon they can shoot on their range, which may very well be their back yard in the urban sprawl of _____ City. The softness of its shot is better for training new shooters who still want to see the results downrange (my son's first shot was with my 40x popping a steel spinner at 50yds, and his smile was priceless). The longer dwell time in the barrel is highly productive in marksmanship training when stressing trigger control and follow through, and we used that in the Marine Corps Scout Sniper School (Quantico) as well with the 40x.

Most of all for me though, at my one gun club where I'm limited to 200yds, is wind calling. I get bored and lazy with shooting centerfire at that range, and it's really just a waste in training ammo. But when I break out my 40x I have to watch that wind, really focus on its shifts and gusts, and I get a much higher value out of my range time with Eley TENEX than blazing 2800fps Scenars downrange from the .260 REM.

I had found some cci mini mag 22lr today I drove 40 min just to find out that they had sold the last three boxes 10 min lady told me they had about 20 boxes in the morning ran out by 5 pm . I swear some of these people must have way to much time in their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had found some cci mini mag 22lr today I drove 40 min just to find out that they had sold the last three boxes 10 min lady told me they had about 20 boxes in the morning ran out by 5 pm . I swear some of these people must have way to much time in their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At what they sell it for, they can afford to take a sabbatical from working.

i should iterate, i was talking about selling at gun shows. i haven't really seen it here, but i also really don't shop for ammo on the forum either.

last Nation's Show in Chantilly, a brick of CCI was flying off tables at friggin 75 bucks....the remington buckets were damn near 250. :\

Yes I agree. Many people are standing in lines at these stores to buy as much 22 as they can so they can turn around and sell at a marked up price. I have been to our local gun show several times and have seen the 325, 525, and the bucket of 1400 rounds WAY over priced. Most of the times people are passing it up.

I am able to find 22 in certain places. Our local Academy gets two shipments of 22 a week. Now I will say that there are people that line up before they open on both days to be able to get it before they run out. At first you were able to get two boxes or two bricks or buckets of ammo. They have cut it back now to one brick or one bucket of ammo. You can still get two 50 round boxes or even 2 boxes of CCI 100 round mini mags. I have been able to get ammo about once a week from Academy. I have not found any at our local Wal-Mart. It has been almost a year now, but I still do not see it getting any better.

I have picked up a couple of bricks from Midway (signed up for notification). RWS Target and Eley Match.

My local Bass Pro had some 1k packs (winchester m-22) in stock yesterday when I went out. Glad I was there; they had a line at the ammo counter. I snagged one (limit). :D

Although admittedly I was sad, because that was my rimfire limit and I couldn't snag up any of the 17hmr they had.

Still have a bucket of remington back-ordered with midway. No idea when it'll show up, but at least I'm in for one. :)

A warning,,,do not let what happened here in Connecticut happen in your states. I can NO LONGER BUY ON LINE AMMO! It violates state law, and no distributer is selling to me. I don't blame them, they have all been great in the past, so don't hold anything against them. You need to show in person your state permit to carry, or a "firearms identification card" to buy ammo in this state. It is very frustrating, as rimfire is bare here too. funny, I can get al the centerfire I want now....

I got a good buddy working in the ammo/ reloading dept of a big chain store, I text him what I need and he puts it aside when it arrives then put a hold on it till I can pick it up.
Still pretty slim pickins but better than nothing at all.