• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What and how do you take to the range?

In addition to my Ray-Vin old man cart that I mentioned previously, I’ve got a bag of miscellaneous tools that also holds my back up Tab gear shooting mat, my bunny ear bag, a small tripod for the LabRadar, a couple of MagnetoSpeed hit indicators (with associated spare parts) along with the most uncomfortable Accuracy International sling ever made, a multi-piece emergency cleaning rod and miscellaneous shit like extra ear plugs and gloves to handle steel targets with.

3583A3C8-D593-4D70-BA9E-EE5444CE157C.jpeg

57563DF0-FC2E-425E-A06D-70EDE3C6CF5F.jpeg

890A2657-9A65-4BE3-99CF-3367516E5932.jpeg

This bag goes into the toolbox in the truck bed but never goes to the firing line with me.
The old man cart does most of the work.

09B878DF-C2B3-4823-B76C-288212625438.jpeg

It can carry a spotting scope on a tripod, my Tactical Tailor folding mat, rear bag, and my rifle and ammo all in one trip. Barrel cooler is in the aid pouch, Kestrel is in the 9mm magazine pouch and the canteen can hold 2qts of Vodka. Oh, it has an umbrella, too.

Not very tactical, but it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: AIAW
I’ve started to have have separate bags for each rifle.
I’ve parred it down to a minimum.
Only specific tools for the chassis, scope
No more carrying around standard, metric and torx if the weapon doesn’t need it
Specific pouches attached to the bag for the other items
Same stuff always goes in the exact same pouch sized accordingly etc
Let’s me know that I have what I need and when I give a pouch a squeeze I know what’s inside

Going to a flat range with benches I bring a rabbit ear bag
Going to a field I bring a big and a small bag...rabbit ears stay home

You’d be surprised how much crap you carry for no reason

Reactions: plong
To add: I know what really sucks if you DON’T take it to the range. I am sure we all know!

I take everything but all of it is contained in the stackable, wheeled RIGID tool boxes. You can get three that stack that can hold all you need for < $100. No more carrying stuff for me.

The rifle travels in an Eberlestock Drag Bag.

i have those as well (1 large wheeled and 3 smaller).
i rarely take it to the range though. i try to travel light unless i am taking friends to shoot "everything".

i have those as well (1 large wheeled and 3 smaller).
i rarely take it to the range though. i try to travel light unless i am taking friends to shoot "everything".

I am the opposite...I take it all as I seldom fully know what I will do when I get there. There are times when I go for a total purpose but I try to bring a variety of targets to let me see what I want to do

I wish i knew what it was like to be able to plan a range trip ahead of time. Usually the only times I get to go are when I unexpectedly have a couple free hours and the Mrs. Isn't at home. I just end up throwing stuff in my hunting pack and into the truck.

Since I’m bored this morning and we’re giving away all our secrets and I had to take my range buggy to Home Depot this morning, here’s what’s stays in the truck, range wise, and never leaves...

1C93D055-9992-4A4E-B7B8-809DB284C455.jpeg

Big ass tool box in bed: Cardboard target backers, Tactical Tailor folding mat and a bag with an old Gen 1 Gortex rain parka, a Snugpack sleeping bag and a rolled up cheap 10x10 blue tarp, because the end is near, right?

There’s also a slim Jim hiding in there someplace.

928CD2C2-853D-4A7B-8724-A1D0F4540A98.jpeg

In the tool box tray: a tube with Redfield sight in targets, a stapler and staples, a scope and muzzle cover for the occasional match, 9lb hammer, an E tool, a hatchet that @arch stanton gave me and a bag of golf balls to shoot at on my buddies farm.

FBA52635-9275-4E6E-AA97-DC52D8D0D048.jpeg

in the cab: Camelback and a first aid kit

845035BC-9024-45C6-89DB-4BBD820EBE8C.jpeg

And more ear pro in the door pocket.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
I have a backpack that I bring with my shooting mat, rear bags, sling, some tools, mics parts, and some cleaning stuff. I also have an ammo box that I put whatever I am gonna shoot in along with my ear pro and extra magazines. Then I have cases for each rifle so I just grab what case/rifle I want and then I'm good to go. Essentially I can wear the backpack and have one thing in each hand and then be able to have what I need so I can get set up. Minimal but functional for my needs.

I try to take as little as possible.

But for the mag issue - I have one bag for ARs and another for my bolt action. I keep a few mags for those guns in their bags just in case I forget that.

Beyond that, I try to plan out what I’ll do that day and bring only what’s needed.

I've got all the tools to tear down Rem 700's and their scopes and mounts.

Scopes are always the culprit.

Most of my stuff is in the truck 24/7 though and just requires gun and ammo.

I'll throw an ice chest and easy up in for summer.

Here’s how I do it

Attachments

• D4861592-57C5-4B11-A168-0C92FED9482B.jpeg
    D4861592-57C5-4B11-A168-0C92FED9482B.jpeg
    744.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 12521123-145D-42FC-A946-ECF747B9D077.jpeg
    12521123-145D-42FC-A946-ECF747B9D077.jpeg
    663.2 KB · Views: 32