• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are the best value, NON-Chinese Flashlights under $100?

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
I'm doing my own research, but...

In your opinion, what are the best values in "Non-Chinese" handheld flashlights for under $100? "Non-Chinese" simply means the light isn't "made in China", nor is it a product of a Chinese company that may simply be made outside of China.

This particular usage will be general: dog walking, power outages, looking for things in closets/garages/cars, etc.

I'd prefer non-rechargeable batteries. I want a clicky button- no twisting. Crenelated strike bezels/bases are a plus.

I'm open to Maglite, Streamlight, Surefire, Malkoff, Elzetta, Modlite, HDS, Oveready, and all the other quality, "non-chinese" lights.

Thanks

Last edited:
Anything from Cloud Defensive that is under $100 is outsourced.
Also, they only make one light under $240, and it is a rechargeable, so it violates at least two of my stated requirements.

Try Four Sevens. I believe one version of the quark model can take non rechargeables.

Frankly, for the utility you get out of rechargeable batteries, I think that requirement is misguided.

But you do you.

Might need to be specific. What size, rechargeable, LED, battery type?

I see you listed some of it but all details help.

I would vote for a used Surefire if one meets your specs. Not sure where made.

I think this is what you are really looking for. Made in Germany.

Feuerhand Hurricane Lantern German Made – Bronze​

Feuerhand Hurricane Lantern German Made - Bronze

$75.00 $69.97
SKU: 630-BRZ
Availability: In stock
Minus Quantity-Feuerhand Hurricane Lantern German Made - Bronze quantityPlus Quantity+
Add to cart
Free shipping over $99 (48 States USA)
  • Vermont Lanterns Quality Guarantee.
  • Fast & Secure Shipping!
  • Legendary Customer Service!

An old Surefire 6P LED sounds like it would fit the bill. They don’t produce a dickload of lumens but great for your use case.

Streamlight should fit your bill. Not sure why you're excluding the Chinese stuff, but if you're stereotyping shit Chinese manufacturing, you might be surprised. Check out some of the light forums.

I have some nice EDC Surefires and such but got a Wuben C3 to rot in my car's center console a few years ago, mostly because it's rechargeable and my flashlight enthusiast friend was roasting me for having "tactical" stuff he thinks is over-priced. Pretty impressed, works when I need it, moderate wear since it gets tossed around a little bit in my car, exposed to high heat in the summer. For one Father's Day, replaced my dad's fleet of D Cell Maglites from the 90's with a handful of them. They have ended up in his vehicles, garage, pole barn over the (Northern) winter and are working fine, he's pretty hard on his shit.

Gun snob in me likes the nice tactical stuff, but I'm glad that I've hooked up some high value stuff to beat the shit out of and put in places that they're more likely to come up missing.

... Not sure why you're excluding the Chinese stuff ...

RootForAmericaCommieMEME.jpeg

ITs funny how asking for something not made in China, funding the CCP, always brings out some retards who suck that CCP dick.

Reactions: owyheerat
I have some nice EDC Surefires and such but got a Wuben C3 to rot in my car's center console a few years ago, mostly because it's rechargeable and my flashlight enthusiast friend was roasting me for having "tactical" stuff he thinks is over-priced. Pretty impressed, works when I need it, moderate wear since it gets tossed around a little bit in my car, exposed to high heat in the summer. For one Father's Day, replaced my dad's fleet of D Cell Maglites from the 90's with a handful of them. They have ended up in his vehicles, garage, pole barn over the (Northern) winter and are working fine, he's pretty hard on his shit.
You could've just bought LED upgrade kits for those from Malkoff, a great little American company...

I'm sure your dad is real proud that his son not only bought made in C****, but that you went all in by spending your money with a C**** oem manufacturer so that essentially ALL the money went to C****.

Newb decides to troll a thread on his third post ever here at SH...

Last edited:
I'm doing my own research, but...

In your opinion, what are the best values in "Non-Chinese" handheld flashlights for under $100? "Non-Chinese" simply means the light isn't "made in China", nor is it a product of a Chinese company that may simply be made outside of China.

This particular usage will be general: dog walking, power outages, looking for things in closets/garages/cars, etc.

I'd prefer non-rechargeable batteries. I want a clicky button- no twisting. Crenelated strike bezels/bases are a plus.

I'm open to Maglite, Streamlight, Surefire, Malkoff, Elzetta, Modlite, HDS, Oveready, and all the other quality, "non-chinese" lights.

Thanks

You will probably find something in the streamlight ProTac series of flashlights like the PROTAC 1L-1AA everday carry. Some are what streamlight call dual fuel where they can take standard AA/AAA batteries, or the throw away CR123A lithium batteries. Performance output will be based on what batteries you choose to run. I personally have 4 various streamlights (all are usb rechargeable) at home and have been happy with them. I've had the PROTAC HPL usb flashlight for almost 5years now, and the tail cap button is just starting to fail, where as the rechargeable battery is still going strong.

As for china made some of the more basic units that are plastic based housing's sound like they are made in china. But from my reading the lights with metal based housings are US produced.

og Surefire 6P from fleabay with Malkoff M61 head probably a little over budget but IMO worth it. Clicky tail cap extra

My money has been going to Surefire for a few decades now. Their customer service is tier one as are their lights.

6PX Pro or Tactical are $100 and have never left me feeling like I needed more light. The Pro is Dual Output 600/15 lumens and the Tactical is single output at 600 lumens.

The EB1 Backup maxvision is awesome for a one battery light, but is $170.

Reactions: CybrSlydr
Just spend the money and get a cloud MCH. I got one of those, a rein 3.0 and their admin light. The MCH is more than enough for anything I need. Only got the rein because the mch was free with purchase. The MCH will blind the spiders behind the neighbors fridge. The rein will blind the next 4 generations of them 🤷🏻‍♂️

Quality American made stuff is worth it, wouldn’t you say, since you love the country so much? They’re 250-300 bucks. I’m sure you’ve wasted a lot more on a lot less.

First photo is the MCH. My iPhone kicked on the nighttime mode (slow shutter) which is why the sky appears lighter.

Second photo is the rein 3.0. So bright the phone could capture enough light to not need the slower shutter speed.

These are taken with unknown charge on the battery’s.

IMG_1840.jpeg
IMG_1841.jpeg

Ignore my tall grass. We got hammered with rain.

An old Surefire 6P LED sounds like it would fit the bill. They don’t produce a dickload of lumens but great for your use case.
What ^^^^he^^^^ said. I have a 9P that I carried on duty for many years and still use daily around the house. Uses 123 batteries, 3 of them. 6P uses 2.

For $100, or less and American made, get a used SF 6P off of Ebay and then try and source a P60 drop-in LED module. I bought a Redilast (USA) 3 mode, 1.5A, 500L module ($45) and installed that.

Twist the tail cap and you advance through each of the three modes.

Chris

I'm a huge fan of the Surefire 6PX flashlight. Dual-output for ultra-bright and normal use, CR123s, and LED. Used one in Afghanistan and loved it.

It is slightly over your budget of $100 at $105 off Surefire's website.

Reactions: MarshallDodge