• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LongRange98

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2022
California
Hey all! Might be a stupid question but I’d rather ask & be sure. I was letting family shoot my 16” Tikka .308 when I noticed these embers burning in the air around the barrel after the shot I suspect it might be unburnt powder? The rifle was clean having only 11 rounds down the barrel after a clean, Ammo used federal smk 168 gr so clean burning by my experience with it, I’ve never seen this before so any input would be much appreciated thanks!

Very much burning powder. That's a short boi there so you're going to get a fair amount of blast like that. Only way around it is a good suppressor or longer barrel. It's not an indicator of a bad round, just a short barrel.

Very much burning powder. That's a short boi there so you're going to get a fair amount of blast like that. Only way around it is a good suppressor or longer barrel. It's not an indicator of a bad round, just a short barrel.
Thanks for your reply, Glad to know that’s all it is. Unfortunately I live in a communist state so no can for me.