• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

20200604_195823.jpg

Reactions: Slo cat
The Little Bay has no peaty or smoky taste, not quite as good as the 14, but close.
Nice, thanks for the info. I don't mind some smoke or peat, but not a ton. This can make picking new scotch a challenge at times. Obviously the internet makes it easier, but standing in the store googling labels is annoying.

Nice, thanks for the info. I don't mind some smoke or peat, but not a ton. This can make picking new scotch a challenge at times. Obviously the internet makes it easier, but standing in the store googling labels is annoying.
Generally, scotch from the Highlands and Speyside are going to be more floral and fruity. Try ones that have been aged in sherry casks, these tend to be my favorite.
Glenmorangie LaSanta
Glendronach 12 year old
Aberlour 12 or 16

Generally, scotch from the Highlands and Speyside are going to be more floral and fruity. Try ones that have been aged in sherry casks, these tend to be my favorite.
Glenmorangie LaSanta
Glendronach 12 year old
Aberlour 12 or 16
Thanks, I appreciate the recommendations. I've had them all accept for the Glendronach I'll try to find a bottle. My wife is from Scottish decent. In an effort to break out of my comfort zone, I mapped out her clans and figured out which distilleries are geographically close to those clan areas. I've been drinking my through them, one of the most unique I've had is Clynelish 14, which I think will be in order for tonight. I also have old favorites, but I still like to try new stuff "off list" as well.

This is what we are having today at our fuck the Corona virus meeting. Outstanding.
15913880376007806150144278663739.jpg

Proper 12 with a Camacho Connecticut box pressed. Outside, with the barn cat giving me the stink eye.

Neat,,only way

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_001324547.jpg
    IMG_20200711_001324547.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 123
Well, yesterday was international mojito day.

so I don’t know how many mojito I had...but I do know I opened a fresh bottle of rum yesterday and now it’s gone!

2 teaspoon sugar
1oz lime
2oz rum
Mint leaves(tear them up)
Stir
Add ice
Stir again
Top with club soda

bench

Famous grouse!

I am huge about single malt scotch and have probably 15 bottles of it sitting in my guest house bar right now....but I wanted some low tech shit for some reason...and it was a wise decision!

Haven't drank famous grouse in years...kinda missed it!

Bench

Reactions: Joel Danielson
After a few of these, I change my Kestrel to include Coriolis, because it definitely makes a difference. Moreso on windage than elevation.
IMG_20200730_211339.jpg

Today is deadlifts and whiskey day.

so, I’m in my barn with a bottle of J&B rare maxing our on deadlifts.

I usually stick to single malt but J&B is pretty light and doesn’t mess with the sinuses as much. Plus, if the lifting gets tough you don’t throw up $100+ of scotch on the platform.

bench

Buffalo Trace. I had read many good things about this drink so I picked up a bottle. I have been trying several different single malt scotches lately and decided to try some Kentucky bourbon. Big difference for sure. Much more in your face type of drink on the palate, followed by a quick slap asking if you want some more.....squeak up!o_O I sheepishly said...."eeep....yes, please..."
IMG_3505.jpg

Reactions: BadDogPSD
What’s up with the swastika? I can’t read the words around it.

About a mile left in a 8 mile run that started at 0500 hrs. I felt like someone shot me in my L knee cap .......went down and hollered !!😩... small town , no phone , had to take little steps to get home the last mile. Hurts like a mofo. Not sure what damage is done ???
My girl friend makes awesome Bloody Marys !!!! About to indulge 😜

Had a whole bottle of Lagavulin 16 yesterday. One of my old neighbors is an old ww2 vet who is always sitting in his garage drinking and watching tv.

I lived in the same neighborhood since I was 9 until recently..just different houses. Ever since I was a teenager he would invite me and my dad into the garage for a drink...always that dirty ass Johnnie walker red🤮

so, I use that house as a rent house these days..but every time I’m in the area and see him in the garage I take some quality scotch over and me, him, and my dad kill a bottle of anything other that red!

bench