• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

20210129_222558.jpg

Elijah Craig.
No pictures of the half full bottle because I plan on seeing it to the end at which time posting a picture is , well.....

• Haha
Reactions: padom
image.jpg

My wife got me a box of Johnnie Walker taster bottles for Xmas. In the glass is Gold Label Reserve and I’ll chase that with the 18yr

Wrapping up another long week... Surprised by some of the West Coast brews.

Attachments

• 20210211_181558.jpg
    20210211_181558.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210211_183921.jpg
    20210211_183921.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: The D
Generator and snow blower are ready for yet another winter storm about to hit. They are saying a bad ice storm this time but they make it up as they go.. Is it spring yet?

I know its BiB day, but its been a hell of a week. I'm gonna run through these barrel proofs this evening.
20210303_195137.jpg

Old fashioned, but with a nice anejo tequila vs rye...to kick off my 4-day weekend

i-NtJGnxN.jpg

nice change from a couple weeks ago...

i-sjBwDjk.jpg
Try these if you haven't, works VERY well with tequila.

Agave nectar is also a nice substitute for sugar or simple syrup.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
One of my all time favorite cask strength bourbons. Too bad they don't make this anymore. They replaced it with a 108.8 barrel...

Have you bought a bottle of the new 108.8 Belle Meade? I too was disappointed with it on first taste and put the cork back in. Tried it again a few weeks later and found that it was GREATLY improved, and pretty much tasted the same as the old batch. Apparently the new stuff needs some air in the bottle to open up properly.

Have you bought a bottle of the new 108.8 Belle Meade? I too was disappointed with it on first taste and put the cork back in. Tried it again a few weeks later and found that it was GREATLY improved, and pretty much tasted the same as the old batch. Apparently the new stuff needs some air in the bottle to open up properly.

I have one right now along with the old handwritten bottles... its not bad at all...but it's not a delicious gem like the old ones...at least for me.

Reactions: rhsc and BigTex
Been trying to find me some Old Elk wheat and Woodinville Barrel proof... not a fan of Old Elk small batch but I hear the wheat is great. Huge fan of all things Woodinville...
Our local bourbon group has a pick of each right now. I really like the Woodinville, the Old Elk wheated isn't really my thing.
20210303_203248.jpg

One of my all time favorite cask strength bourbons. Too bad they don't make this anymore. They replaced it with a 108.8 barrel...

Had that last night actually. Quite the Kentucky hug with that.

Tonight is just 3 or four fingers, 🤔, ok, a whole damned fist of Buffalo Trace. The regular stuff. It was a bad day.

Reactions: rhsc
Am my own worst influence. Talked myself into a small Tequila Old Fashioned after two Wild Turkeys.

Single rocks glass, puddle of agave nectar, 12 drops (3 dashes) of Jerry Thomas bitters, 2 Oz of Tapatio Anejo and fill with Kold-Draft type large ice cubes.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Tonight is just 3 or four fingers, 🤔, ok, a whole damned fist of Buffalo Trace. The regular stuff. It was a bad day.
Well, at least your day ended on a good note! ;)

I think Buffalo Trace is just fine; enough rye in the mashbill to make it interesting and nothing else that upsets the balance.

Finished up with one of my "Lazy Bastiche" Cocktails.

Old Fashioned with puddle of simple syrup, about 8 dashes of Regan's No. 6 Orange Bitters, 2 Oz of Old Grand-Dad 100 Pf BiB, fill with good Kold-Draft type large ice cubes.

Finished up with one of my "Lazy Bastiche" Cocktails.

Old Fashioned with puddle of simple syrup, about 8 dashes of Regan's No. 6 Orange Bitters, 2 Oz of Old Grand-Dad 100 Pf BiB, fill with good Kold-Draft type large ice cubes.
Inspired to mix similar, with the last of the Rittenhouse Rye and Angostura orange. OGD BiB is an exceptional value, need another bottle myself...

Reactions: 6.5SH
One of the Worlds rarest and highest rank beers, if you know it please comment......

Attachments

• 20210305_213446.jpg
    20210305_213446.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 43
The youngest and the oldest of their standard line are the best ones. 1840 Original (which can be hard to find) and Selection Des Anges.
I like them all but those were the two standouts for me.
There isn't a "good" liquor store withing forty miles, but I'll keep an eye out for them.

I was able to find both online at the whiskyexchange.com though.

The glencairn thing is over rated in my opinion.
Have a bunch but gravitated to a simple Libbey Gibraltar single rocks/old fashioned glass. They have some heft to them are easier to clean and even a 1 Oz pour is easy to eyeball and doesn't look tiny.

As in Libbey Glass Co? Right down the road from me.....:sneaky:.....no shortage of types of glasses to drink from....sometimes I just pour a shot into a shot glass and slowly sip from it for about a half hour. I have been tasting better quality whisk(e)ys a little over a year now and have found the flavors to range from subtle to bold! I see some of the booze other booze hounds post and I think....yup, gots to try that!