• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Macallan 12 with a nice stick

Attachments

• F92717C2-D26A-45E3-B8E8-27F3B98DF854.jpeg
    F92717C2-D26A-45E3-B8E8-27F3B98DF854.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 39
I'm not drinking this yet, but my father in law just gave me a bottle of this.

Old Rarity, unopened and still has the tax stamp across the top.
PXL_20210313_005410243.jpg
If anyone knows anything about it, I'd love to know more.

I'm not drinking this yet, but my father in law just gave me a bottle of this.

Old Rarity, unopened and still has the tax stamp across the top.View attachment 7580049 If anyone knows anything about it, I'd love to know more.
Some pics of another with intact labels.

And some notes on it.

And a further comment from me, a "blended scotch" at that time would be a blend of single malts. What was later called a "Vatted Malt" before the term was outlawed and became a "Malt Blend". The entire Johnnie Walker line except the Green are modern blended scotch, a mixture of scotch and other grain whiskey. The Green Label is a Malt Blend made of different single malts owned by Diageo.

Last edited:
Knob Creek bourbon sour, followed up with a bourbon sidecar. 100 proof keeps the bourbon character at the forefront.

Reactions: Sandhog308
The only drinkable Jack product but it is outstanding.
20210313_065500.jpg

So I have been trying different beers . Yuengling Lord Chesterfield Ale , Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Blue Moon Mango Wheat ..I would say be careful what you eat with the Mango Wheat . It's very unique and I could see some horrific after taste from bad combos . Never thought I would evolve my beer tastes . Workin up go some high ABV hoppy IPAs .

I see Old Elk behind the Bookers. How do you like the Elk? I just bought a single barrel store pick. Haven't opened it yet.
This is a store pick barrel proof wheated. Its not my favorite, kinda falls flat for me.

Reactions: Soulezoo
I didn't think it could get this good, trifecta!.....

View attachment 7585806
Hope it's better than the Knob Creek smoked maple. It was just off, gave that one away.
"Bakon" vodka is the only bottle of booze I ever poured down the drain. It even smelled bad doing that. Case example that "Spirit Awards" or points are bullshit, that stuff was too vile even for dare drinks.

Attachments

• C20BFDA0-4BE8-4244-A19E-A1D7FC88A2A7.jpeg
    C20BFDA0-4BE8-4244-A19E-A1D7FC88A2A7.jpeg
    477 KB · Views: 37
These days, I drink mixed. Rum and Coke, Canadian and Ginger Ale. It's less overall fluid than beer, which screws up my fluid balance and kicks in my CHF/COPD. I'm fighting Pneumonia currently, combined as all three. (ETA: it took 16 days in three admissions between March 28 and May 6 to get me where I am now, and that's still quite a way from cured. I am on constant O2, 2L sitting, up to 5L with vigorous activity)

Hate Bacardi, too sweet; the basic well gin at the local VFW is actually more to my liking.

I keep Crown Royal and Canadian Club, but also some cheap Canadian. I can tell the difference with the cheap stuff, but Canadian Club is pretty close to Crown.

I'm not very esoteric with my grog, I'm limited, anyway. BTW "Grog" was my nickname in my 20's.

Last edited:
So I shared some with my friend today and he told me that this is a kick ass scotch whiskey. If you like scotch this is pretty good.
Ha! If not a fan of scotch then your reaction is understandable. Japanese whisky IS scotch in all regards except one, it is not made in Scotland.
If interested in the history read up on Masataka Taketsuru. The Japanese may not be great inventors but they are stellar editors. They can take an idea and refine it to a place better than the original.

These days, I drink mixed. Rum and Coke, Canadian and Ginger Ale. It's less overall fluid than beer, which screws up my fluid balance and kicks in my COPD.

Hate Bacardi, too sweet; the basic well gin at the local VFW is actually more to my liking.

I keep Crown Royal and Canadian Club, but also some cheap Canadian. I can tell the difference with the cheap stuff, but Canadian Club is pretty close to Crown.

I'm not very esoteric with my grog, I'm limited, anyway. BTW "Grog" was my nickname in my 20's.
Try some American Ryes you may find them in your wheelhouse since Rye is a component in most Canadian whisky.
Anything made by LDI/MGP (95% Rye 5% Malted Barley formula) is a safe bet, the distillery was owned by Seagram's and made Rye for that style whisky. Think baking spices rather than sweetness.

i don't drink booze much or soft drinks, but i bought a bunch of pepsi products the other day, because fuck coke.

• Haha
Reactions: padom
Not exactly, as I said earlier it's complex, it smells like bacon and maple but still tastes like whiskey with a hint of maple and bacon. If that makes sense

Reactions: sled_mack
Man, I didn't even read what you wrote! I just saw bacon on the label and thought I gotta try some of that!!

Reactions: sled_mack
Still have yet to find a Texas bourbon worth a shit. I had high hopes for this one but its all ethanol and burnt marshmallow. Drinks hot for 100*.
20210402_125954.jpg