• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

F79BD286-3015-4B8A-91A0-0C0EBE271557.jpeg

Reactions: The D and rhsc
Yamazaki 12 is good stuff. Japanese oak gives it a character that's just a bit different than American or French oak. Hibiki 12 is another Japanese whiskey that used to be a favorite, but they quit making it. If you ever see it on a shelf somewhere, buy it; the Hibiki 17 is even more sublime. Seriously, they're some of the best whiskeys I've ever enjoyed.

Here's what I'm sipping tonight -

_Dewars 21.jpg

This is in the Double Double range that Dewar's brought to market a couple of years ago. This tastes nothing like any of the standard Dewar's blends and the flavor is much closer to a single malt or perhaps a malt blend than a traditional grain/malt blend. In the 21yo I get a lot of dark fruit, a bit of leather and a hint of old musty flavor that, oddly, tastes really good. In fact, this tastes like it contains whisky that's much older than 21 years. I've also tried the 27 and 32 year-old versions in this range, but the 21 is my favorite and for it's age, it is very, very reasonably priced.

Sad to hear about Hibiki 12 is one of my favorite Japanese, guess I will have to make the couple I have stretch out.

Reactions: rhsc
Got a hold of this today. An Armagnac brandy that was distilled in 1964 and bottled in 2020. That's 56 years in the barrel. Going to pick out a fine cigar and give this stuff a try.

Attachments

• 20210528_153010.jpg
    20210528_153010.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210528_153046.jpg
    20210528_153046.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 46
Got a hold of this today. An Armagnac brandy that was distilled in 1964 and bottled in 2020. That's 56 years in the barrel. Going to pick out a fine cigar and give this stuff a try.
Wonder what the angels share was on that barrel.

So new to me a Tequila I wanted to share.

Cazadores Añejo Cristalino.

It was at a family BBQ and everyone loved it except for me.
The reason I only got to have a smell was I was driving and regulated my drinking to about 4 beers throughout the entire evening.

I could tell by the aroma that my wife would end up driving and it was her turn to drink tequila not mine on the few occasions she drinks.

Anyway everyone loved it.

20210529_180147.jpg

^ this. Started training with the plate carrier and level IV plates for a match in September. I forgot how hot this shit gets and it’s absolutely beautiful here today. Summer is going to be brutal.

Gonna run my dogs for an hours and then treat myself to a ribeye and a couple fingers of Willet Family Rye. ( 4 year, I’m a poor) 😊 One of my absolute favorites.

its reasonable.jpg

Considering the time of day both you guys posted, I would HOPE you are drinking something non-alcoholic! I like my whisky, but only at a time and place where it's appropriate to drink it. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: McMayor
92A5450C-2ADE-4A46-ADD0-88A5780CC05F.jpeg

Whoo, she is strong. But mighty tasty

I'm guessing that may be closer in style to Scotch or Irish rather than bourbon whiskey? How would you describe the flavor? The only American malt whiskey I've tried so far is McCarthy's Single Malt.
It’s distilled from the ingredients from the milk stout from Left Hand brewing so it’s not really like either, but it’s delicious. I didn’t really get a good tasting though, it’s really strong and I only put one ice cube in it

I'll need to keep an eye out for that next time I'm at a bigger store in the city.

A few WT 101's an older 8 year age stated 1792 and a pour from my bourbon "solera" bottle.

If you don't have one start. The last ounce or two out of a bottle pour into another bottle (screw top is best) and keep adding.
I keep them segregated by major type; bourbon, rye, peated scotch, unpeated scotch etc.

Finishing up the evening with a Barterhouse 20. Glad I bought what I could of these at ~$60 each.

Not sure why but the wife got me a bottle of Pendleton Rye today for our anniversary. Not good straight but goddamn it makes a great imperial Manhattan! She must have overheard I was dabbling in some heavier rye bourbons. At least she was listening after 22 years.

IMG_20210613_151719004.jpg

They're fucking weird here about drinking. Typical liberal shit hole, with a few polished spots to keep the tourists coming in.

The beer isn't bad though.

gotcha, i just scored two weller 12's the other week. theres a white label at the store for 900.00 couldnt make myself spend it.
Screw that, I paid $60ea for the Full Proof. Weller ain't worth that kind of money. Even WLW.

It’s actually really good. A bit of a change up from my normal drink.

Attachments

• 4A6E5D8B-BFCF-4A23-B344-74210B995ECD.jpeg
    4A6E5D8B-BFCF-4A23-B344-74210B995ECD.jpeg
    581.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Love
Reactions: Jim Out
Does anyone make a barrel proof rye not blended or cut?
There are several, most are some form of MGP/LDI though (not that there is anything wrong with it, but most of what is out there is a NDP, they didn't make it, MGP/LDI did, so is literaly the same thing despite what the label says). Wild Turkey Rare Breed Rye is something unique that fits that bill. Any of the actual Willett distilled small batch rye are as well. Their earlier stuff was all MGP/LDI.

Reactions: Snuby642
Batching it tonight.........bought a new one..........pretty good, reasonably priced.......
IMG_2250.JPG
IMG_2251.JPG