• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are you stocking up on?

I have natural gas supplied by my county but I have considered a 1000 lb natural gas tank buried in my side yard. But I'm sure there's a ton of regulations and permits associated with it. This is one thing I have slacked on. I do want to do it, but I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

Propane-Tank1.png
Yup. Grab a few most every trip to the big city.

It breaks my heart to see people buying those little containers of propane.

$3000 buys a 1000 gallon in-ground tank.

Then you can wheel and deal for good prices because you can buy bulk and the seller doesn't have you by the short hairs. I got stocked up for $1.60/gallon this year.

Just for reference, a gallon of propane is about four pounds.

Reactions: TheHorta
It breaks my heart to see people buying those little containers of propane.

$3000 buys a 1000 gallon in-ground tank.

Then you can wheel and deal for good prices because you can buy bulk and the seller doesn't have you by the short hairs. I got stocked up for $1.60/gallon this year.

Just for reference, a gallon of propane is about four pounds.
Even with a large tank (we have a 1000gal ourselves) there is still a need for the little containers. Portable lanterns, heaters, stoves, etc all use them Plus many locations prohibit a propane storage tank.

Something anyone that gets a large tank should add if at all possible is a wet leg. Which allows for the filling of BBQ tanks using the bulk rate for delivered propane instead of the higher pay at the pump for a fill.

I was distracted when we got our tank installed and forgot to have them set it up with one. I will correct that after I run the tank empty but at our present rate of consumption that could be 10 or more years down the road. The only appliance we currently use propane for is the stove.

Reactions: TheHorta
Hope you guys have extra shoes, boots, etc. Long term they will be gold, unless you plan on taking them off the dead, and hope they fit.

If I find a pair of boots I really like, I buy extra pairs. The made in USA leather upper Danner hiking boots I buy, will last about 3-years if worn daily (work, hike, shooting matches, etc.). But if or when the SHTF, you'll be on your feet probably 3X more than you are now, so plan accordingly.

Hope you guys have extra shoes, boots, etc. Long term they will be gold, unless you plan on taking them off the dead, and hope they fit.

If I find a pair of boots I really like, I buy extra pairs. The made in USA leather upper Danner hiking boots I buy, will last about 3-years if worn daily (work, hike, shooting matches, etc.). But if or when the SHTF, you'll be on your feet probably 3X more than you are now, so plan accordingly.
Agreed, which is why the back of my closet looks like a shoe store.

Something to keep in mind though is that a lot of shoes/boots are glued together now. Even some of the better brands. That glue will break down over time so 10yrs from now that "new" pair might just fall apart the first time you wear them.