• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are your Cheap shit purchases only to upgrade to expensive shit purchases?

sabrecross

Forever a Minuteman
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
Texas
The "'Brand Whore : Not a Brand Whore'" thread got me thinking. We've all done it! What cheap shit did you buy only to kick yourself and upgrade to expensive shit?

I'll start-

GUN BAG: Walmart basic one pouch gun bag--> Midway competition gun bag
BIPOD: Harris --> Elite Iron bipod
Caliper: Harbor freight--> Etalon swiss caliper
scope: SWFA SS 3-15x42 --> Kahles 624i
Dies: Lee --> Redding competition dies

my list goes on and on...

I am considering the purchase of a Burris XTR II 3-15 for a drag through the woods optic. If I do will I likely be back to this thread posting its upgrade to an ATACR 4-16?

My regrets are primary arms chinese turrets. There I said it.

or..........change thread to ask why some of the un-knowing and un-washed buy others mistakes....brand withstanding...just remember there is a seat for every asshole out there.

• Haha
Reactions: sabrecross
now that I think about, I probably have about 20 grand of cheap purchases... don't want to add up the expensive ones...

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Cheap optics when I was poor. (Crippling child support). Now I buy whatever the fuck I feel like.

Edit: 5 figure exwife < 6 figure dr wife. ?

that target hole suspiciously resembles a government issued skillcraft pen...
I wouldn’t believe it either if I hadn’t shot it. Either I hit it once and missed the paper with the other two, or.... they stacked.

I never got it to shoot that tight again.. but I also don’t shoot paper much, just check zero...

Reactions: sabrecross
Cheap gas grills that replaced ever year or two then bought a Webber probably 6 or more years ago. This grill has saved me money and still grills better now than the cheap grills did new.
LOL...same here!

Chargemaster Lite to hold me over for an Auto Trickler
Vortex Diamondback 10x50 - Swar SLC
Nikon 4K LRF - Terrapin X

*all in progress

Reactions: MarinePMI
Didn’t have a problem till I joined Snipers Hide to contend with the voo-doo that was 1000 yards??? Still working on scopes and barrels and haven’t seen the end yet??

With Alcohol I went pretty quickly from cheap beer to expensive beer to expensive Scotch to expensive Tequila but then back down to small batch Knob Creek and Monkey Shoulder.

Early on I learned that quality beat quantity. I never really drank too much, that is how I justified expensive booze. Now I barely drink for health reasons but I miss it.

I’m still on a rem 700 and fixed SWFA.....

That is after my Fudd wore off from a savage axis and Walmart scope..sooo. Baby steps.

I do have a can tho.....

OMG! How do you see your target with a fixed power scope?
I just can't use a fixed power scope. OMG why would you want to? They are making GREAT variable power scopes at a reasonable price point!;)

Tripods: Slik->Pig 0311+Feisal->Pig 0311+RRS Ball Head->>RRS Anvil
Scopes: Primary Arms->Vortex Viper->Vortex Razer GenII/AMG
Brass: Hornady->Lapua
Bullets: Hornady->Berger/Lapua
LRF: Cheap Nikon->ConX->Nikon Black 4K->TerrapinX

Reactions: Diver160651
I did the cheap tri-pod then thought about eating Tide Pods but bought a Manfroto Carbon tri-pod!

Tripods?
WTF is the shooting world coming to?

I gotta go over to the million dollar idea thread.

Note to self: Investigate ways to develope titanium portable shooting bench, that can be stowed in backpack.

SMFH