• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What Brand Scopes Use a 34mm Tube??

patches

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2009
Wichita KS
www.smtco.biz
I just purchased a new GAP Crusader and it is coming with 34mm badger USMC "issue" rings. I realize this should be an easy question for you guys, but what scope brands make a 34mm tube? I really want a Nightforce 5.5-22x but they are 30mm. The rifle is also coming with 1" badger USMC "issue" rings as well. I'm thinking I will have the 34mm and 1" rings for sale soon on the Hide unless I find something with a 34mm tube that tickles my fancy and is equivalent to the Nightforce.
Thanks Much
Ryan

Re: What Brand Scopes Use a 34mm Tube??

Hensoldt is the only other one but again above a NF equivalent.If you want a NF just sell(as you already mentioned) the 34's and get a set of 30's should be no biggie.

Looks like I will have some rings for sale. The above mentioned are a little out of my price range. I believe the NF offers a good price to quality ratio and I think that is one that not everyone may have to focus on as much as I do.
Thanks
Ryan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nad1967</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IOR as well </div></div>

Are'nt the IORs 35mm ?

The Badger USMC 1" rings are actually 30MM rings with 1" spacers.. So you should be good to go with those !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcm308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Badger USMC 1" rings are actually 30MM rings with 1" spacers.. So you should be good to go with those ! </div></div>

They are also in 34mm since the adoption of the S&B scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcm308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Badger USMC 1" rings are actually 30MM rings with 1" spacers.. So you should be good to go with those ! </div></div>

They are also in 34mm since the adoption of the S&B scope. </div></div>

He's getting both set's of rings with his rifle.. He obviously does not know the 1" rings are actually 30MM if they are the USMC rings as stated.

mcm308-
I was not aware that the 1" rings worked for the 30mm, that is a great little bit of information. I guess I will find out when they arrive. You guys are the best.
Thanks,
Ryan

1 inch rings do not work with 30mm. The USMC rings that were made by Badger are 30mm and 1 inch inserts are availablefor them.The current Badger USMC ring is a 34mm I do not know if Marty makes a 30mm insert to use with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcm308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcm308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Badger USMC 1" rings are actually 30MM rings with 1" spacers.. So you should be good to go with those ! </div></div>

They are also in 34mm since the adoption of the S&B scope. </div></div>

He's getting both set's of rings with his rifle.. He obviously does not know the 1" rings are actually 30MM if they are the USMC rings as stated. </div></div>

Gotcha

Oh great now I'm confused. This is an emotional roller coaster.....
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patches</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh great now I'm confused. This is an emotional roller coaster.....
smile.gif
</div></div>
How are you confused?.. The receipt you showed only shows the 34mm rings. So you might only get those. Unless the previous owner is including the 30mm's with inserts. There are 2 styles of USMC Badger rings... 34mm for S&B scopes and 30mm with 1" spacers for the Unertl 10X or MST-100. If you happen to get the 30mm ones, your set...just remove insert and run any 30mm scope you wish. If you only get the 34mm ones.. then you got to sell those and get something 30mm to run a 30mm scope!