• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Cleaned a 6-BR and a 30-BR.
Made a modified case for the 30 and said fuck it, it's too hot in the garage.
Went inside, poured a big glass of iced tea and read a book.

finally hit way too fucking hot in the garage for the summer. So I did my pilgrimage with my rcbs link and my creedmoor sports scale and set them up in my master bathroom. So now I get to throw powder in the AC. Still gotta do everything else in the garage, but I have a lot of prepped brass so that will minimize my time out there. Thank God for double vanity’s and giant quartz counters.

Almost forgot that I did throw some powder for the 6.5x47 Lapua after I got set up. 37.4gr of Reloader 15 that is gonna get a 123 Scenar on top.

I've been pouring over manuals trying to make up my mind which bullet I want to load for next deer season... Thought I might load for .308 and 300 Win Mag... Not that I need 300 Win Mag for deer here, but I have it. So I'm kind of looking at 150 gr class and loading for both rifles.

Everywhere I've looked around here it seems Barnes and Hornady have the most choices.

Mike

I've been pouring over manuals trying to make up my mind which bullet I want to load for next deer season... Thought I might load for .308 and 300 Win Mag... Not that I need 300 Win Mag for deer here, but I have it. So I'm kind of looking at 150 gr class and loading for both rifles.

Everywhere I've looked around here it seems Barnes and Hornady have the most choices.

Mike
150 soft point game king is my preferred bullet out of my 3006. Its pretty wicked medicine on whitetail.

Reactions: OkieMike
Finished reorganizing the bench for the most part...still need to pick up a few items and put them away but I'll call it a day.
tempImageMz7LVy.jpg

while messing with some of my brass I stopped to watch this video

on a cut of meat I have never heard of before by the time he was starting to grill it I found my self looking all over the area for any store that might have it or butcher shop that might cut it . All in a attempt to find it and grill my own , man I should have stuck with messing with brass . I got nothing done except I made my self really hungry .

while messing with some of my brass I stopped to watch this video

on a cut of meat I have never heard of before by the time he was starting to grill it I found my self looking all over the area for any store that might have it or butcher shop that might cut it . All in a attempt to find it and grill my own , man I should have stuck with messing with brass . I got nothing done except I made my self really hungry .

Guga can certainly do that to you with some videos. Usually have to find a good butcher to get that cut as I have looked around in grocery stores for the past year or so and have yet to find it that way. Maybe next time I go to the actual butcher I'll look too, I just always forget about it. Now you have me wanting some picanha!

• Love
Reactions: acudaowner
150 soft point game king is my preferred bullet out of my 3006. Its pretty wicked medicine on whitetail.
I wound up buying Hornady 180 gr Interlock. Cheaper than anything else on the shelf... Including 150 gr Interlock. Go figure.

Loaded some up to test and they shoot pretty good.

Mike

Reactions: spife7980
Primed some 221 Fireball, 22-250, and 228 Ackley Magnum in preparation for load development.

L-R 221 Fireball, 223 REM (for reference), 22-250, and 228 Ackley

IMG_4610.jpeg

Anyone know where I can find 228 bullets? I have some, but….. also used in the 22 Savage High Power 🤣

No reloading, but I dicked around with my new AI rifle: changed the butt stock skins the early AI thumb hole type, mounted the action rail and scope.

IMG_3740.jpeg

IMG_3746.jpeg

I’m RSOing and shooting on Range 4 Quantico tomorrow morning and don’t feel like dialing it in at 1000 yards and then zeroing it later this week at a hundred so I’ll probably shoot one of my R700s…

IMG_0473.jpeg

Reactions: camocorvette
Took apart 25 rounds of 6 CM after I started piercing primers. 41.4 of H4350 was too hot in Peterson SRP brass, even with 450's. 50 more to take apart tomorrow. Bum-er......

New 300sqft reloading room coming together. Got the space finished and the epoxy floor down. Just got another husky cabinet to go under the benches
Waiting for inline fab mounts, wall mounts and installing safe later today. Still needs leather couch, desk and TV. Have another 8 ft bench to install after safe is in, giving me 22ft continuous bench space. Should be complete by end of summer but hope to be back up reloading by end of the week.
20230716_172418.jpg
20230716_172411.jpg

New 300sqft reloading room coming together. Got the space finished and the epoxy floor down. Just got another husky cabinet to go under the benches
Waiting for inline fab mounts, wall mounts and installing safe later today. Still needs leather couch, desk and TV. Have another 8 ft bench to install after safe is in, giving me 22ft continuous bench space. Should be complete by end of summer but hope to be back up reloading by end of the week.View attachment 8184594View attachment 8184595
That's nice!

Waiting for inline fab mounts, wall mounts and installing safe later today. Still needs leather couch, desk and TV. Have another 8 ft bench to install after safe is in, giving me 22ft continuous bench space. Should be complete by end of summer but hope to be back up reloading by end of the week.View attachment 8184594View attachment 8184595
Dang man, thats going to be awesome. Mine in 14x14 but I have to put my office desk and some file cabinets in there too

Prepped and Made 25 rounds of 224 Valkyrie. Well..more like I prepped 100 rounds. Went to grab the box of 88 elds and there was all of 25 left. It's been about a year since I reloaded for it, so I went and bought some abd had sticker shock. Last time I bought 250 it was around 40 shipped. Cheapest I found for 240 was $82 shipped.

I may switch back to 75gr hpbt and shoot 223 for my sub 600 yards and save the 224v for 800+

Rebuilt my vibratory tumbler. Twice, since I finished the first time and found a bolt I left out somewhere :rolleyes:

Then spent the rest of the afternoon with a quart of ‘shine, sorting a 5gal bucket of mixed brass.

All in all, a pretty decent Sunday

Trying to burn up some partial boxes of tons of different bullets so I loaded some 150gr Sierra Pro Hunters with a mild charge of 4166 for my 308. Shoots just under 1moa and 2840fps. For an inexpensive flat base hunting bullet I'll just leave it. Now to do the same with dozens more boxes between 30cal, 7mm, 6.5mm, 6mm, .224, etc...

Getting some 6GT brass prepped. Getting out of the 6.5 business, so, gotta keep the loaded round shelf filled. Got two hungry bolt guns waiting for fill ups.

Actually yesterday evening. Loaded my first StaBall 6.5. Trying out the 95 grain Berger VLD’s In the 6GT. There was no listing for Varget. I had a brand new 1lb bottle of StaBall so I figured I would give it a try. My GT seems to hate Superformance, which is an issue as I have plenty.

Anyway, next trip to the range, I give these a try
B4A664EA-7CAD-482B-9735-68A8F99C4A51.jpeg

I disassembled my SDB. Very frustrated with it...will call Dillon CS in the morning. Recurrent issues with primer feed and seating (Station 2). They sent me a new assembly soon after I bought the press; now more problems in same station (more involved than swapping out the red plastic tip). I'm definitely not pleased with reliability thus far, as Dillon's rep everywhere was so good. Aggravating to say the least

Working on getting the 1100 going to load 5.56
I ran about 500 556 case through the sizing and trim die.
I have a couple 5 gallon pails of 556 to process this fall before I start loading them up.

I am thinking of getting a automatic decapper to help keep the presses cleaner.
Any one have any experience with them?

Reactions: Balor
cleaned 300 more rounds to be powdered and pressed , bought 22 lr ammo (sort of a waste at this point as all my scopes are being used for other guns ) and bought more primers yea for more primers next week I will be watching western movies while pressing rounds out

6 ARC
Hornady 58 gr VMAX over 32.2 A2230
Hornady 103 ELD-X over 31.0 LVR
Sierra HPBT 107 over 29.5 LVR

25 CM
Barnes 100 gr TTSX over 39.5 and 40.0 Varget
Nosler 115 BT over 38.5 Varget

Launched a few down range today for load development. Came home, filled out the journal, de primed and set everything up to continue tomorrow. Nothing too eventful.

Well I cleaned more brass and finished labeling just around 400 rounds in hopes of powdering them tomorrow after a trip to the range . I was able to shoot about 150 less rounds than I had planned on shooting so I saved ammo yea .also received a front rest in the mail only to find out later I still needed more parts just to make it work .

please send some of your targets from those loads!
Can’t find one with the 100 gr But here’s a couple I found with 58 gr VMAX and 115 Noslers. Nosler pic didn’t have a good way to estimate 1” on Ballistic X and it’s probably more of a 1.3” group x 10 shots.
Ballistic-X-Export-2023-07-27 18:06:47.740985.jpg
Ballistic-X-Export-2023-07-27 18:07:57.817547.jpg
Ballistic-X-Export-2023-08-08 17:24:50.546656.jpg

Reactions: Matt Moxness
Well, not today, but Monday...

I have a spare table in the reloading room. Nothing fancy, just a 4 foot folding table from China Mart. I mostly use it for cleaning rifles and it started turning into a catch-all...

I had some spare shelf brackets so I went to Lowe's and spent 6 or 7 bucks on an 8 foot 2x8 which I cut in half... And turned into a couple shelves over the spare table.

Put the shelves up and straightened up all the clutter. Pretty magical.

I know, I know... This post is worthless without pics. But I promise you they're the greatest shelves ever in the history of shelves made from cheap(ish) lumber.

Oh yeah... Bought an Ugly annealer a couple weeks back too... After all that hard work putting up shelves I annealed a couple hundred pieces of Lake City 7.62 brass.

I'm a man of many talents.

Mike

Installed my new Redding T-7 press. Looks pretty solidView attachment 8221426
Nice. I love my Lyman 8 turret press. It's great. I did polish the spacer a little to make it super tight and get it just right so there's absolutely zero movement but it still turns well and I got the creedmoore additional turret which is pretty slick, you may want to look at the one they make for thr T7 like that.

Hey, would you mind telling me how long your total bench is with those 4 presses on it? Do you feel like it's cramped at all?

Nice. I love my Lyman 8 turret press. It's great. I did polish the spacer a little to make it super tight and get it just right so there's absolutely zero movement but it still turns well and I got the creedmoore additional turret which is pretty slick, you may want to look at the one they make for thr T7 like that.

Hey, would you mind telling me how long your total bench is with those 4 presses on it? Do you feel like it's cramped at all?
1 st bench is 36x24 with one 650 and the second bench is 60x24 with 1050, 650 and T7. Those are 1/4” thick and I have another 36x24x3/16 bench
It works, but it would be nice to have more room

Attachments

• IMG_5177.jpeg
    IMG_5177.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5178.jpeg
    IMG_5178.jpeg
    459.6 KB · Views: 56
1 st bench is 36x24 with one 650 and the second bench is 60x24 with 1050, 650 and T7. Those are 1/4” thick and I have another 36x24x3/16 bench
It works, but it would be nice to have more room
That's pretty similar to what I want to have set up in the future, so that's why I'm asking. Thanks for the info.

If you had another 3 or 4 feet that you could put in your current set up and anywhere you wanted to, where would you put it?