• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

I redid the fetching on some old arrows and set up some new ones. My loading room is double duty ?

500 pc 223 deprimed and tumbled.
Cut my tumble by half, now 2 hours.

Added a little extra mineral spirits to the nufinish wax and into wallnut tumbler.

Can feel the lubricity and clean enough for me.

20200127_171618.jpg

Reactions: Nodakplowboy
I went to a local two-gun steel match yesterday. Only brought one gun, shot half the match and still didn't finish last. haha.

I deprimed until my eyes fell out of my head. Probably the most boring part of the process.

Finally stopped procrastinating and bust out the LnL from yesterday to now

800 9mm 124grs
1000 45 acp 230 grs

That my pistol and MP5 crap for the next 2 years ish o_O

Reactions: Snuby642
Please tell me the happy switch works. Because if they do you definitely need more ammo. I’ve shot mp5s that rock and roll. 1k is a short range session for 2 guys

All three of those probable see a couple of mags a year when they manage to fight their way out of the safe - the select fire ones just convert money to noise and smiles - I prefer playing with my bolt actions - anyway I digress have to get several hundred 6.5x47, 6xc, 308 and 300prc processed now.....

Reactions: TxWelder35
My 190 hybrids should show up today.
Hope to load up a short ladder test and weather looks like I can get up the mountains and try them out for vertical and BC.

Busy day couple days working on my new reloading set up. Time to get my reloading stuff off of my welding table.

Built some legs, prime and paint. Built 2x4 frame with 2x12 blocking, red oak plywood top with red oak 1x4 trim, stained dark walnut, 2 coats of polyurethane.

Got to try out some new toys today, Little Crow Worlds Finest Case trimmer, Frankford Arsenal Hand primer, and got a 2.91 bushing for my Redding die.

Case trimmer and hand primer both work fantastic. Highly recommend both.

In 100 Peterson 260 rem SRP brass, Deprimed, sized, deburr/chamfer, Hand primed with cci 450, charged with 42.2gr of h4350, And seated 136gr Scenar

5BF31E2A-29FB-4E56-AFE7-7B2E6BCA736B.jpeg
1745F25A-68D9-48CE-A464-09E6176E70FF.jpeg
7455361B-9189-43B0-ADB8-BD2F73DC7865.jpeg
A8B2AB9F-C129-4AC8-B9CE-D65580B50F72.jpeg
B7C6F0D8-D862-4581-86E6-195756C7EAC5.jpeg
D633F322-5FD2-4466-BC2C-581C41080677.jpeg
158C56DB-50CF-4120-A11A-1958097A130C.jpeg

Scored these 2 tubs of Winchester AA hulls. Debating if i should keep or sell them.
8CE0028D-A133-4864-AD4B-5AEBB4D7215D.jpeg

Loaded some .308. Sat at the bench with the Nosler book trying to figure out what powder to try next.

After loading 4000 9mm for the pistol on my 650 this week, I adjusted the Oal and started cranking out a shorter round for my PCC - cranked out 600 to start.

Loaded some match ammo, modified a stock inet to clear a Jewell trigger's safety clockwork and threaded/chambered a barrel for a friend and his varmint wildcat. Felt like a productive weekend.

Unpacked my new Hornady LnL AP press and decided not to mount it in my current reloading space. The kitchen!
Now to build that new bench once I can get the basement dry.

Is that press what I think it is? ???
It's actually the 140. I ordered it when I was building my 50, then discovered the dies I was going to use wouldn't really fit, so now it's kind of an extra press. It's great for the 338. The only thing is the Whidden click adjustable sizing dies are a really tight fit in the threaded adaptor.

It's actually the 140. I ordered it when I was building my 50, then discovered the dies I was going to use wouldn't really fit, so now it's kind of an extra press. It's great for the 338. The only thing is the Whidden click adjustable sizing dies are a really tight fit in the threaded adaptor.

Does the 120 do a decent job with .338 based stuff? 33/37xc?

Or would I need a 140?

Or would I need a 140?
They say the 120 is fine up to 338. I can tell you that if you get a Prazipress, you won’t regret it. It’s such an incredible machine.

Or would I need a 140?
For perspective, this is a long .338 LM with COAL at 3.860. There is about 1.7 inches of space between the bullet tip and the bottoms of the die. (Sorry, there’s a bug in the forum software where it makes all images horizontal.)
FBE9F99C-AAF3-4A97-84E3-A4A8B3F768F1.jpeg

Reactions: joemusso
Back to basics. Today I showed a new shooter who obviously had very limited funds but a Lee Reloader, a rifle and some brass and wanted to give it a go.
I took him home and came up with things like steel wool and primers and some powder and 5 "bullets" and a wood mallet and he made 5 rounds and we went out and shot them. They all went bang and he was very happy. I fact, he was amazed that he had accomplished this feat. He is hooked.

How many of you learned "basics" this way??

I will now try to show him some other things done other ways, but he did learn the "basics." and all about inspecting his brass and paying attention to what he is doing.

How many new people show up here on this site that really never learned the "basics" and ask directions and we overwhelm them with our best thoughts and all of our info and advice but it is lost because they didn't learn the "basics" to start with?

When is the last time YOU actually showed some FNG how it is done?

I think many read what we say and advise and think, "NO way can I afford this this shit and I thought it would be fun." only to be lost as to this part of enjoying shooting.

Last edited:
I never had anyone to show me. I had to learn as I went. I inherited stuff from my grandfather when he passed. I was thankful for online resources when I could find them. Now it’s just a matter of upgrading my equipment as I can haha.
I’ll be loading some initial loads for my wife’s rifle.

Reactions: Foul Mike
Everyone be careful. Had a squib today in my .40. Shooting a competitive drill meant to measure accuracy with an emphasis on speed; Most rounds on a 2/3 IPSC in 10 seconds at 15 yards. After 4 rounds, SQUIB. Luckily, it didn’t move far enough down the barrel to allow the next round to fully enter the chamber, preventing a Kaboom. I was very lucky.
Gonna go home and pull every round I made during this batch to be safe...

Everyone be careful. Had a squib today in my .40. Shooting a competitive drill meant to measure accuracy with an emphasis on speed; Most rounds on a 2/3 IPSC in 10 seconds at 15 yards. After 4 rounds, SQUIB. Luckily, it didn’t move far enough down the barrel to allow the next round to fully enter the chamber, preventing a Kaboom. I was very lucky.
Gonna go home and pull every round I made during this batch to be safe...

Find 10 good rounds, weigh and average the weight. Zero your scale on the average. Then start weighing rounds. Unless your brass and bullets are very inconsistent a short/no charge will show up as a negative on the scale.