• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

What happened to your wall? Fired off that Flux Capacitor and burned a hole clean through??? ;)
1641530872246.jpeg

Mapping this out. Will be a few days before I get it all cleaned and sorted. Waiting on Primeware tool for space next to CPS. Nothing bolted yet. Going to let it digest while I do some dry runs. I want a better flow for the various processes. The press used to be where the V4 is etc. The back and forth really costs time. Plus my back is seriously jacked. lumbar is titanium, does not rotate all that well. I had no plan to buy this kind of set up / tools 4 years ago when I put this room together. So straight line process should help with both issues. Work in progress. I do like the tools. Has made a big difference in down range results.

20220106_212804.jpg

I want to know more about that collar the cat is sporting.... First off cats mostly hate collars, and that one looks special! Looks more like a harness. Oh, and the room looks great!

Mapping this out. Will be a few days before I get it all cleaned and sorted. Waiting on Primeware tool for space next to CPS. Nothing bolted yet. Going to let it digest while I do some dry runs. I want a better flow for the various processes. The press used to be where the V4 is etc. The back and forth really costs time. Plus my back is seriously jacked. lumbar is titanium, does not rotate all that well. I had no plan to buy this kind of set up / tools 4 years ago when I put this room together. So straight line process should help with both issues. Work in progress. I do like the tools. Has made a big difference in down range results.

View attachment 7778417

I want to know more about that collar the cat is sporting.... First off cats mostly hate collars, and that one looks special! Looks more like a harness. Oh, and the room looks great!
That is Caesar. 9 year old hybrid Savanah bred from African Servals. The collar is cork and leather. He was in training at 3 months old. All of our cats are trained including harness training. He is 15" at shoulder 26" nose to but and a bit over 20 pounds. This is a picture of the baby girl Cleopatra. We lost Caesars brother in Jan 2020 to an aggressive lung cancer.

20211111_161820.jpg

View attachment 7778417
Looks like it’ll be a nice setup! What are the scales sitting on?

BC10664F-F17B-4440-8D41-F03643B174F4.jpeg
Taking care of some crimped brass with a little trick I learns from a fellow Hide member!

Reactions: Balor
My reloading room is a converted closet. Just swapped out light for a home Depot $30 led shop light with 3800 lumins. Man, what a difference.

Attachments

• 16416632549843361252852965310609.jpg
    16416632549843361252852965310609.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 63
More progress. Underside and cleaning bench next. Going to install an actual splash board I can hang a shop towel on for easy clean up, will look nicer too. Full garbage can and a bunch of things I don't use moved to storage. 4 years of collecting shit and building rifles. I plan to get a nice vice for the cleaning bench. Looking at the Area 419 Orange Vice system. 2 bases, one for cleaning and one for barrel swaps / other work. Pretty happy with how it is coming together. Last 4 years have been a lot of fun going down the rabbit hole. But I am settling in with what I like.

20220108_182017.jpg
20220108_182009.jpg
20220108_181955.jpg
20220108_181943.jpg

My reloading bench is an old packing table. The top on it is super heavy. It has a solid wood core and has MDF laminated to it on the top and bottom. The surface was very chewed up from 20 years of boxes being cut on it. I had some extra 1/4" birch ply laying around so I finally got around to this. Flipped it over and glued birch on the top and front. Have an Inline Fab on the way and considering adding T tracks for accessories (bench primer, case trimmer) and the Inline Fab.
20220108_195412.jpg

20220108_201319.jpg

Loaded some 6.5 Creedmoor and did a few necessary, and a few unnecessary, improvements to my Mr. Bulletfeeders.

Reactions: camocorvette
Put the the shipment of 53gn vmax’s (which I had forgot I ordered) on top of a unopened full V4 kit…..which is sitting on top of a unopened Zero press. Why am I like this?

Reactions: camocorvette
Put the the shipment of 53gn vmax’s (which I had forgot I ordered) on top of a unopened full V4 kit…..which is sitting on top of a unopened Zero press. Why am I like this?
I’ll take the v4 obviously u don’t need it 😂

Reactions: siscoe308
On the mend from the Kung Flu. Set up a new Lee APP with the universal case feed and collumator to deprime 9mm.
It is fast. Set up was OK.
The collumator does a good job with a tiny bit of technique. Overloading it seems to lead to some inverted cases.
Not disappointed for the price.

Attachments

• 20220110_150608.jpg
    20220110_150608.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 57
On the mend from the Kung Flu. Set up a new Lee APP with the universal case feed and collumator to deprime 9mm.
The collumator does a good job with a tiny bit of technique. Overloading it seems to lead to some inverted cases.
Did you prime with it also, or just deprime?

I’ve been seriously thinking about buying an APP. I have probably 5k once fired 5.56 that I’ve ignored for years because I don’t want to swage them all one by one. I already have a Dillon case feeder, so I’m hoping to make it pull double duty on the APP and my XL650. I figure it would also be helpful for running my rifle brass on a mandrel to save some time.

I find the APP the biggest PITA ever to setup and run smoothly. You have to get the drop tub just perfectly setup to be able to run it with any speed. And if you swap out between different calibers it just makes it worse. But what can you expect out of something that is less then a hundred bucks.

I find the APP the biggest PITA ever to setup and run smoothly. You have to get the drop tub just perfectly setup to be able to run it with any speed. And if you swap out between different calibers it just makes it worse. But what can you expect out of something that is less then a hundred bucks.
I do not have that problem at all. I am using a case feeder off my Pro1000 and it just runs. I have not tried rifle brass but pistol brass has not been an issue. I wonder if there is some variation from one unit to another.

Pistol brass being short, I believe makes it easier. Maybe I'll switch over in the next few days and run some 5.56.
The Lee instructions mention caliber range specific decappers that align the case. Maybe worth it, maybe not.

Reactions: Anb618
The FW Arms decappers will center up on cases very nicely.

I've had no problems with my APP, either when hooked to a Dillon casefeed or when hooked to a Mr. Bulletfeeder. It certainly punches above its weight.

I’ve been seriously thinking about buying an APP. I have probably 5k once fired 5.56 that I’ve ignored for years because I don’t want to swage them all one by one. I already have a Dillon case feeder, so I’m hoping to make it pull double duty on the APP and my XL650. I figure it would also be helpful for running my rifle brass on a mandrel to save some time.
If it will run them like the 9mm it'd be well worth the cost. I'm off a bit longer with this quarantine stuff so I'll continue to play with it.
I don't have the swag but if the thing feeds I don't see why it would matter, within reason, what operation is performed.

Reactions: Anb618
I use the app to deprime, swage and also run a mandrell.

I have a lot of range brass through it. It gets out of whack feeding some times and I think they should build a dedicated 223 "shuttle" assembly.

A one piece type assembly fitted better to that round. More durable and less play.

I use the app to deprime, swage and also run a mandrell.

I have a lot of range brass through it. It gets out of whack feeding some times and I think they should build a dedicated 223 "shuttle" assembly.

A one piece type assembly fitted better to that round. More durable and less play.
Sounds like a job for someone with a 3D printer and an APP…

Reactions: Snuby642
I loaded 600 rounds of Maker Rex bullets in 300 B.O. They are a pain in the ass because they don't work in a Mr. Bulletfeeder, and the press I load them on has a MBF, so I have to hand load them into the bulletfeeder or get my hands into a tight spot. So I save them and do all I have at once. Now they are done, and all is well. No idea even why I bought them, but if you buy em, they have to go somewhere.

Absolutely
Lee's rickety shuttle would be easy to re-engineer for the 223.

Get rid of the play and change the geometry of the face of the shuttle.

Screw togeather, tighten clearances less pieces.
Harder material.

The switch to 5.56 was easy just reset the hiegth of the feeder and snug up the 2 nuts.

I am still using the universal case feeder with the interchangeable red PA4384-E riser. PA4384-Awas used with 9mm.

Feeding isn't as good as with 9mm but it is still a far cry better than decapping individually.
The collumator isn't as effective as with 9mm as I think it's too small to work well. I just drop them in. The 4 tubes will hold 40+ rds and they do fill quickly. An electric case feeder would be nice but not worth it for me. I have one on my 650 but don't see getting another unless it was a deal of the century for my quantities.

Put some powder away and stacked some monster coffee's up in the cupboard...
yeah I keep them in the gun room it's chilly in there.

Care to share the trick?
Just chucked my Chamfer tool in my drill and hit the primer pockets lightly to take the crimp off. Probably work better with a pocket reamer, but it’s free because I already had one.

• Wow
Reactions: Snuby642
loaded a couple hundred 38 super for uspsa open. goes pretty quick when the 750 is all set up and using new brass!

Davsco I’ve got a wilson combat acp in .38 super coming can you give a good combo for round.

124 precision deltas and 3n37. You can get up toward 8.5 grains if you want to go fast.

Reactions: Balor
More progress. Underside and cleaning bench next. Going to install an actual splash board I can hang a shop towel on for easy clean up, will look nicer too. Full garbage can and a bunch of things I don't use moved to storage. 4 years of collecting shit and building rifles. I plan to get a nice vice for the cleaning bench. Looking at the Area 419 Orange Vice system. 2 bases, one for cleaning and one for barrel swaps / other work. Pretty happy with how it is coming together. Last 4 years have been a lot of fun going down the rabbit hole. But I am settling in with what I like.

View attachment 7779771View attachment 7779772View attachment 7779773View attachment 7779774
Nice and you won't be disappointed with the 419 Orange Vise.

So what is the problem with the wad cutters?

Holding them?

So dipping my toes into wet tumbling....

No pins or media just a pinch of oxyclean and lemishine with cold water I dig it. No pins no flash holes getting plugged. Necks still have some carbon left best of everything I'm thinking.

Before
20220115_112137.jpg

After
20220115_164352.jpg