• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Welcome to not being a fucking neanderthal.
tenor.gif

Finally finished the clean up. Installed a "Master Vice" we found for $200. If it does not do the job I will get an Orange Vice and area 419 incerts when they are in stock. Like the room being organized and clean. That is Ceasar the shop supervisor in his chair doing his thing.

20220115_173757.jpg
20220115_173744.jpg
20220115_173729.jpg
20220115_173716.jpg

C

Crimping is a pita… has to be done with a separate Crimp die. Among other things. But darn are they accurate! Tiny 2.7 grain of bullseye. And then 1 hole groups all day long!
2.7gr seems crazy low.
I think my 9mm plinking loads are 4gr of Bullseye, and I know they’re on the low end of load data.

I'm in the same boat. Not sure what to do. Rice seems best for the necks, but it barely makes a dent in suppressed sludge.

I'm thinking I may do this:
1. 30 minutes wet tumble with dawn and lemishine (no pins)
2. lube (imperial), size, mandrel
3. trim every firing (remove neck burr)
4. rice tumble
5. prime
6. charge
7. seat

I need an annealer, I suppose that would go in between step 1 & 2. Thinking of something cheap for now like the EP annealer.
i think you'd really like it! more info here WITH videos of it in action www.epintegrations.com

Hornady, 148 HBWC?

I load my S&W 52 rounds with the same 2.7 grains of bullseye.

Just enough to cycle the action and maintain good accuracy. Been using that load for over 30 years.

C

Crimping is a pita… has to be done with a separate Crimp die. Among other things. But darn are they accurate! Tiny 2.7 grain of bullseye. And then 1 hole groups all day long!

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
2.7gr seems crazy low.
I think my 9mm plinking loads are 4gr of Bullseye, and I know they’re on the low end of load data.
It s a special load for a special target gun. Gun, load, etc are designed for each other.

As Bullet says above… it cycles the action and is basically designed for 50 foot bullseye shooting. The WC flat nose bullet makes perfect round holes in paper. Also good for practicing on plates!

Cheers, Sirhr

It s a special load for a special target gun. Gun, load, etc are designed for each other.

As Bullet says above… it cycles the action and is basically designed for 50 foot bullseye shooting. The WC flat nose bullet makes perfect round holes in paper. Also good for practicing on plates!

Cheers, Sirhr
I load for my freinds 52 he bought from his Grandfather. It is a real joy to shoot. Neither of us shoot bullseye but hitting 8" plates out o 50 yards with boring regularity is a hoot! Its a beautiful piece of functional art.

Since I got the APP, I decided to free up some bench space and picked up the Lee reloading stand. I added the Inline Fab bin holder. Had to slightly trim the InIine square plate to get it to work with triangular Lee quick changes bases.

Attachments

• 20220117_131713.jpg
    20220117_131713.jpg
    675.5 KB · Views: 71
First time reloading ammo in almost 2 months so I started with loading up some small batches of prepped brass that has been littering the bench for months. 6mm CM 100g Core-Lokt, 260 REM 130g Golden Target and 338LM 250g Hybrid OTM/285g ELD-M. Next up is to prep and load a large batch of 50 BMG brass.

20220117_154348.jpg

I’m pretty much caught up reloading wise so I spent Sunday and this morning fussing with my new Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-36X56. It’s replacing a Razor Gen 2.

Stay tuned for more “musical scopes” as a couple of Gen 2’s replace other older scopes.

If the weather ever stops sucking, I might actually get to zero them……

3299AB5B-600A-4665-BE56-AC506E7A683B.jpeg

Hopefully next week will be a lot of “what did you do today” posts.
Which one are you getting? I run an Apex on an autodrive, and once you get it humming, it is spectacular.

The one piece of advice I would give is to use it run by hand for a week or so because you can feel when things are going sideways, and then tune them. If you are getting a Revolution, I don't know anything about those. If you are getting an Evolution, you'll really want to switch the priming to the new Apex system, which is miles better. Also the casefeeder is no longer a Hornady on the Apex.

If you have any questions about what might be getting you hung up and how to fix it, feel free to DM or tag me. It's a slightly complicated system, but when firing on all cylinders, it really works well. Tech support is also really good.

Which one are you getting? I run an Apex on an autodrive, and once you get it humming, it is spectacular.

The one piece of advice I would give is to use it run by hand for a week or so because you can feel when things are going sideways, and then tune them. If you are getting a Revolution, I don't know anything about those. If you are getting an Evolution, you'll really want to switch the priming to the new Apex system, which is miles better. Also the casefeeder is no longer a Hornady on the Apex.

If you have any questions about what might be getting you hung up and how to fix it, feel free to DM or tag me. It's a slightly complicated system, but when firing on all cylinders, it really works well. Tech support is also really good.

Thanks. Getting Apex. But seems like revolution is the only pics around.

Thanks. Getting Apex. But seems like revolution is the only pics around.
Apex is awesome. Some people have bitched about the fact they went to a cast toolhead, but I don't see that being an issue, especially when you look at the really good new casefeeder and the awesome priming system.

A few things off the bat:

1. With the casefeeder, make sure you only tighten the screws on the rear hatch so that they are flush on the inside. If you tighten them all the way, you'll get stoppages with cases catching on the screws.
2. Check all four of the adjustments on the primer system. I had to adjust three of four, but just a little bit.
3. Your main adjustment will be on the indexing pawl screw. Read that section in the manual. It sounds like a pain in the ass, but it's super easy. It needs to index perfectly, though.
4. Every few thousand rounds you'll need to remove that screw, apply vibra tite, and reinstall. You'll see that you will stay in index for 1500 rounds, then adjust and you will get 800 or so, then down. When you keep having to adjust, you vibra tite.
5. As far as settings go, call Mark 7, they will know exactly where you want to be. I only do 9mm on mine, and I run Index of 2, top dwell of 0, bottom dwell of 1. At 2000 rounds per hour setting that gives me 1506.
6. The most important sensor, IMO, is the primer orientation sensor, followed by the powdersense and bulletsense. If you can swing it, get the sensors you want before you put the thing on the autodrive, just because it is easier access.
7. Primer Xpress is really good if you want to go in that direction. It takes a little bit to get everything set perfectly, but it's worth it.

How did you mount yours?

finished loading 400 rounds for this weekend , also primed the next 400 cases just waiting to decide which powder they will be getting .

How did you mount yours?
if you are using an autodrive, you just mount it to the autodrive base. It is plenty heavy to be stable on a good bench. If you are not using an autodrive, it comes with bench mount hardware. It's four bolts, slightly larger than the Dillons. You don't want to go higher, like on an Inline mount, with it.

Last edited:
How did you mount yours?
Two other things come to mind. First, if you have never used an autodrive before, it is imperative that you back all of your dies off the shellplate. Each time you start the autodrive, you calibrate it, and if your dies are touching the shellplate, it will calibrate to short stroke. Just back them off a turn and a half or so. Second, you ideally are going to want to use the Lyman Pro Die pack. First because there is a separate case expansion station, and the Lyman expansion die is great, and second because they are built to be run slightly off the shellplate, and say so in the instructions.

The guy at Mark 7 told me their number one issue is that customers run the die all the way down to the shell plate and then don't understand why their autodrive fails constantly.

Well I emptied my powder thrower of some residual powder I had in it from a long session into about half a pound of R15, the powder in the thrower was BL-C2.
Feels bad.
Been loading nothing but R15 for the last few months until this last session using BL-C2 working up a load for a friends rifle.

Well I emptied my powder thrower of some residual powder I had in it from a long session into about half a pound of R15, the powder in the thrower was BL-C2.
Feels bad.
Been loading nothing but R15 for the last few months until this last session using BL-C2 working up a load for a friends rifle.

One powder on the bench at a time.
Keep the container next to the measure.

One powder on the bench at a time.
Keep the container next to the measure.
Yeah I have a system of whatever powder I'm using being out front and all others behind. It's so easy to forget that you were just doing a little of one thing when you are used to doing another and end up mixing them up or mixing them together.

Feels bad.

That’s why you put a label on the dispenser

Meh... roll with it. Blended powders in the new hotness. You just have a ball powder version of n150 that'
Meh... roll with it. Blended powders in the new hotness. You just have a ball powder version of n150 that's all

I keep all my powders stored in a cabinet.

One out at a time and always right beside the powder measure.
Gets put away when the measure is emptied.

Powders are separated in the cabinet by brand first and left to right by burn rate.
Thats usually what I do but I broke protocol leaving the rl15 out while using blc2. Was going to use the RL15 for next session. Was.

Thats usually what I do but I broke protocol leaving the rl15 out while using blc2. Was going to use the RL15 for next session. Was.
And that's how it happens right there. It's happened to so many of us.... at least you didn't dump it in 7lbs of a jug of something....

2.7gr seems crazy low.

I use just less than 3 grains of 231.

The 52 "clears its throat" with a small cough and an X appears on your target.

Last edited:
Removed the 223 loading head and put the trimming head back on the S1050.

Going to load up some 55s with CFE223.

Anyone got an m193 clone load using that powder?

Reloaded my first rounds ever. 300 blk. 220 grain with 9.2 grains of h110. Bought the press used so I’m missing a couple parts still. They cycle and are quiet. Have a lot to learn.
D4C7AB88-0DAD-4A53-BB0C-63F8F5EFF9F0.jpeg
B9440569-8ADB-4A0F-8722-D9CA3404F88E.jpeg

It's in the name 22.3grs.

Just kidding. I don't use CFE223 for 223. It's well known as a Grendel powder.

Not my fav powder. Bought this jug 2013 or so last time powder was scarce.

Just poured through a full 8 pounds of 8208xbr and 77s. Got me some big heavy Ammo cans of sweetness.

Found I still have a full box of primers left....figured I would make 1000 rounds of training ammo.

Wish I could help you. I only use it in 22 Grendel these days

I think I have a bunch of ammo loaded with CFE, 5 rounds each at different loading just haven't got around to shooting them yet. Probably loaded them in 2014.

Should probably get rid of the pound of tac I have and continue the 77 grains capping it off.

I use TAC a lot. Great powder in my mind. I load 23 grs in 55gr blaster ammo and 25gr in 62gr Speer Gold Dots.

Shit is like mercury in my Dillon. Drops perfect.

Just wish I had more.

Thinking I'd rather have 1000 rounds of the same stuff rather than 300 and 700.