• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft What do snipers keep in the drag bag?

Re: What do snipers keep in the drag bag?

In a 'drag' bag?... Maybe women's clothing?
laugh.gif

Reactions: Hook Creek
Drag bags are fairly a fairly recent thing. A good back pack will carry almost everything you need. Drag bags are just extra baggage ( pun intended ) when you have to move fast and stay low. This does happen quite often. If you must use one, then: personalize to suit you needs. Perhaps a spotter scope, spare rifle optics, in case the mounted one get damaged, some people use range finders, snacks ( it could be a long watch) an e-tool and tp, again, it could be a long watch etc.. You're only limited by how much you are willing to carry and what will actually fit inside the bag.

I bought a drag bag. The UPS guy that delivered it was wearing a back brace. Damn thing was so heavy it's all I can do just to drag it around. You guys must be really strong to be able to carry all that shit around in one.
I also had a trunk monkey but the little bastard ran off with my girl friend. Bad thing was, i couldn't bitch cuz my wife would find out!
Maybe I could put her in the drag bag?

Because most aren't "drag bags" their really range bags that double as nice shooting mats and drag bags. I still like the WW2 style padded jump cases if you can find 'em in good shape. Drag bags are simply for getting necessary mission essential gear closer to the target. You leave (we did anyway) rucks and all other gear we could do without farther behind and go back for it later. Or leave it on a Stryker altogether.

I cracked the hell up reading this one. Too funny. Especially the quadriplegic sniper in a drag bag.

What do snipers keep in the drag bag?

Every drag bag should contain a pair of sensible heels.

Last edited:
Because most aren't "drag bags" their really range bags that double as nice shooting mats and drag bags. I still like the WW2 style padded jump cases if you can find 'em in good shape. Drag bags are simply for getting necessary mission essential gear closer to the target. You leave (we did anyway) rucks and all other gear we could do without farther behind and go back for it later. Or leave it on a Stryker altogether.

That is the M1950 - Case, Parachutists, Individual Weapon that you are referring to.

10,000 wild field mice,

please pass the popcorn.

I always start my drag bag off with a rifle. Usually something in a muted green or tan (I don't look good in pastels). Then I load up a bullet or two. I like the pointy ones with the colored tips. But anything that will fit in the rifle will do. Last but not least, my Multicam operators cap and some beef jerky so I look cool sitting while I am sitting around waiting for my turn to snipe things.