• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What do you do for a living?

Re: What do you do for a living?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinz0021</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i print labels full time for a large poultry company.
i sell booze part time to drunks and homeless people in the ghetto part of town. i also own and operate a decal/graffix company in the little bit of off time i have. i dont enjoy the full time job but it pays the bills. the liquor store is interesting and puts some spending money in my pocket. my side business funds most of my toys but nothing like a GAP.
i wish i had gone to school for something but didnt. now im turning 28 in less than two weeks and have nothing more than a few guns and a isuzu hombre to my name. i can blame part of that on bankruptcy and divorce from my ex wife. although the divorce was caused by depression and alcoholism due to not liking my job and losing the one i did enjoy. </div></div>

There is always time to go back, you wont regret it. I have been going since 2003 between deployments. I wish I could just finish now. What can I say I'm impatient at times.

Self employed video editor. Most of my work goes out to one client right now though. Good that its a steady pay, bad that all my eggs are in that basket.

I was always told if you find a way to do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life.

Its half true. When its 3am and I'm looking at 3 monitors because the show has to get to the network in a matter of hours, its work. When I'm cruising and there's time to be creative, its fun. Good with the bad I guess.

I've been a machinist and gunsmith for the last 20 years.Last July a trucker not paying attention made an illegal turn in front of me.I was riding my old 1000cc Ironhead Sportster and couldn't stop in time or lay it down or nothing.Lost my right leg above the knee,shattered my left leg and foot,lots of internal injuries and up until recently was blind in my right eye.The local hospital I was first taken to was just trying to stabilize me and failed to relocate my left elbow.Due to this they had to take my left arm above the elbow.I'm much better now but I miss working.I get disability and my wife had to quit her job to take care of me.If I had not had insurance we'd be screwed.The money don't matter,I get to see my 4yro daughter and my wife everyday.I always made decent money and was never out of a job,loved what I did.I don't have a GA but I've always enjoyed building my own rifles.Supposed to be coming to Quantico Labor Day weekend to compete with my self designed,self built 50BMG on Range 4 at 1000yds.Hope to have a new arm and leg by then,but I'll roll if I have to!If your mechanically inclined Machinist/Tool&Die Maker is a great field to enter.Sorry ya'll if this is a bit rambling,I get to typing/talking and wander a bit.

Had a early 84 iron sporty for a while (i've run lots of bikes over the years - haven't taken any beatings yet - 1 bike has )

, glad your around for your family.

346ci said:
I work for a company that trains IED and bomb detection dogs(mostly labs) for the Military. The best company I have ever worked for and even though I have never served, I feel like I make a difference in the fight.

That sounds like a very cool job, (i'm lucky to be able to bring my dog to work, i work + she keeps me sane)

Student in astrophysics. Sounds more impressive than it actually is, because of Hollywood thought it makes for a cool title to give to a scientist.

Sufficed to say, I do not have many fine firearms.

Jack of all trades, master of none...
I am currently employed as a machinist making gears for truck transmissions and have a seamless gutter business on the side. Before that i farmed and was a diesel mechanic.

I provide care and comfort to families that feel guilty putting grammy and pa-pa in the "living center" because they just couldn't be bothered by actually caring for them on their own.

I tell them that grammy is really better off because WE can do it better than they can. Not to worry about anything and be sure to stop by @ least once a year at Easter.

Then when they're gone convince them to change their Will/Trust to make ME benefactor since their families kicked them out of their home and abandoned them.

I don't work for the wages...Old peoples estates pay really well you just have to be patient. (Just make sure to hire a really good probate lawyer to take care of paperwork & litigation).

icon_woohoo.gif

what do you guys do for a living

im always interest in what people do to earn a living

i fabricate counter tops in just about every thing but mainly GRANIT these days its whats hot! and high end custom wood furniture.. here is a few pics of my work

IMG_9568-1.jpg

custom onyx table

IMG_9594.jpg

commissioned wood table

cruefest_july08013.jpg

table.jpg

Re: what do you guys do for a living

I am a Highway Engineer. My father and I own one of the largest road contracting companies in Kentucky. We do road/highway paving, concrete work, Bridges, Earth Moving/Grading.

Its a great job. I have been around it since I was about 4 years old. The only other job I have ever done was worked for a custom car audio and video install center here in town. I was an installer for a year and got bored with it.

I work for a public utility co. Water and Natural Gas distribution and the req. certs that go with it. Got some time in at our LNG facility liquefying NG and in the last four years have began getting certifications in cathodic protection.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: epdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im always interest in what people do to earn a living

i fabricate counter tops in just about every thing but mainly GRANIT these days its whats hot!</div></div>
This is what's hot WRT kitchen counter tops:

DuPoint - Corian

I am a compulsive liar with severe short-term memory loss.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a <span style="color: #FF0000">nukular</span> fizzicist. </div></div>

I fixed it for you.
laugh.gif

Actor just like everyone else who lives in Los Angeles.

fell timber all over the pacific northwest for the helicopters to much travel.Equipment operator now close to home see my 4 kids and wife every night now life is good.

3boys
1girl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: epdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im always interest in what people do to earn a living

i fabricate counter tops in just about every thing but mainly GRANIT these days its whats hot!</div></div>
This is what's hot WRT kitchen counter tops:

DuPoint - Corian

</div></div>

10 years ago i still do corian i just did 2 vanity's today but 90% of the business is granite now

What do I do for a living? Hmmmmmm, lately:
Talk Shit, Drink a little Bourbon and Scotch, Smoke cigars, and bust my ass getting Panty 6's yard in order. Wait for VA checks, and other stuff.
Oh yeah, and try to find something to do that is worthwhile

Got an appointment with the local SBC to get Distorted off teh ground in the upcoming month or so too

working on starting a company to convert old scopes into personal peasure devices and posibbly a line of fine lubricants for said devices.

I'm an Air Force stick monkey. Cut my teeth flying recce, but I'm a glorified limo driver flying DVs to meetings. Lately I've been flying a desk more than anything, though.

I really shouldnt say this because of OPSEC and all but... I happen to be a Door Gunner on a Space Shuttle.

Sucks to since they are scrapping the Space Shuttle Program. When that happens im changing my MOS to be an Under Water Basket Weaver.

I'm the QC tester for Marduk's BSA FUFU pleasure honey hole program, dirty job but somebody has to do it, those BSA's arent gonna bang themselves are they?

Im in the only real branch of the Military, The United States Marine Corps. I am very proud of the Corps.. am i brain washed?? Absofuckinglutly, Do i still love every day, Yes.

I provide a variety of sizes from, .223, .556, .308, and .50 cal, brass projecticles to Impeed and embrace Jihadist forheads.

And before you ask, i have slayed the dragon with a sword and turned into a Marine.

full time student in high school - Senior Year!

I also work for the navy mwr as a lifeguard, and I am a firework display shooter in training
smile.gif

I'm a college sophomore majoring in physics and minoring in Arabic. I'm contracting with Army ROTC in the fall and after my time in the military I figure I'll try to get a research job somewhere and play with outrageously expensive equipment.

security at a VA hospital...
(some of those WWII vetreans can get pretty rowdy)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: barnes12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Build custom musclecars new and old, restoration of old cars, race cars and whatever else needs fixing or building </div></div>

Do you have a shop in Dallas, I am in Rockwall..PM sent.

Network engineer / telecomm guy..I make your communications possible and this thing called the internet available to you.
I ensure this OC192 the SH is on works flawlessly and is available 99.99999% of the time..

Self-employed as a Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser, investor in real estate, Realtor, and father of two little girls.

M25BeastShooter.I have been on both sides of that thin blue line. If you would give some advice. I live in Alabama and have pretty deep connections in the underworld. How do I get into your expertise without being detected? I have a bro in law in LE in Texas and he does raids,buys on the bright side of that line. I want to do the things that ya'll as law dogs cannot. Kinda like bounty hunters can do. I do have an uncanny way of getting where I need to be. Any thoughts? Do UC's get compensated or are they just used because of their situation? If you could PM me. Its kinda funny how both sides can fight the same battle. Thanks Tommy

UC's if they are they shall we say "not obliged" by there currrent relation with the law are usually paid by the agency. But this is contingent upon producing results. If you get signed up, yes we do a back ground and vet the informants then the case agent will take care of the informant with direction and any reimbursements. I'd recommend going to the local state or Federal agency that handles the area of crime you're familiar with and talk to them. If you have something to offer then they will take it from there.