• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What Ever Happened to the Pretty Popular Kids in High School?

I have never been invited to a reunion, nor have I been interested in attending one. Perhaps you have to finish HS to get on the invite list? I had other, more interesting plans. As the poster stated above so eloquently, I too only wanted to get out of HS (and the faster the better.)

I dunno, one the one hand, I have a lot of opinions about H/S and particularly, the people that I attended it with. OTOH, I wised up about mid way through my senior year (slow learner) that the people that I was trying to be popular with, really didn't matter. From where I came from, a large percentage of my classmates that would become "successful", came from inherited money. I discretely blew them off, and starting looking at everything outside of the class of '75 and really started to enjoy life.

As I said, I left and didn't look back. I found out that trying to curry favor with the "such crust" was nothing but a losing proposition. I don't know if I have been more or less "successful" than them, but fundamentally, it doesn't matter. It's actually never mattered, I just needed to learn that lesson on my own. Lesson learned, seeing and enjoying the world and I look at my graduating class as a very, very small microcosm of my life experiences. So small in fact, I'm not motivated to attend a reunion. I pretty much know what I would see/experience. I think my life experiences are vastly more broad than most of what they have experienced. I'd have to listen to a bunch of egotistical nimrods bloviating about how "important" they are/were. No thanks.

Last edited:
Did the rumor also include that you had a passenger named Brian on your final flight, whose only personal possession was a hatchet on his belt that his mother gave him?
smiley_smartass.gif

Damn, you're close. Not Brian, Eugene.......:eek:

Yeah I haven't run across anyone that is successful and has their shit together that was the popular or 'hot' guy/girl in middle or high school.

In HS I dated the prom queen (both years!) and looked her up on google years later to only find stories or bad decisions, bad luck and some really out there shit like she had dated some professional athlete and married him, had kids only to have him basically be indited for molesting underaged kids at a summer sports camp and then flee the country leaving her broke. She was too skinny for me anyways.

I also found a few people from high school; the type you wondered what did they end up doing, and it was a bunch of fail, obesity and arrest photos.

The one I'm still curious about, is this one asian chick in like 3rd grade we all teased. Her name was Ada and we'd all chant 'Ada, Potata' over and over when she was around. I have no idea why, but everyone did it, all the time, so of coarse you just continued to do it. There was no real reason to; she wasn't the smelly or weird poor kid, she was just quiet and kept to herself and read alot.

I'm convinced that she is a 6 foot tall super model that cures cancer as a hobby and has an entire livingroom full of mini giraffes.

I never rated high enough to date the Prom Queen. Poor, poor me........

However, I did rate high enough to date at least 40% of the 186 Also Rans that were close enough. Truth is, most of them coulda' replaced her, no problem.

Fair trade, I'd say ;)

I graduated H/S back in '86 in a class of 1,200. Each year they rent the local arena, to fit everyone and their families in there.

Haven't been back since, nor do I intend to. About the only thing is there was a few teachers that actually 'got it' and achieved greatness in sowing a few seeds of knowledge. If they were still alive, I'd buy them a coffee.

I didn't know then, what I'd 'know' and remember,,, today.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Graduated in '73 and moved across the country for college and never looked back. The late sixties and early 70's pretty much sucked and no need to reminisce about them. Haven't had contact with anyone and don't plan on it.

Left HS in 84, forgot about all of them probably 15 minutes after graduation.

Only guy I liked from college died in 93, so not much reason to give a fuck about that either.

My class had 30 some people in it. We mostly all got along well. Still do. I do business with a of them now. Advice, doesn't matter what stage of life you are in. Get along with people. You never know where life will take us tomorrow let alone 10 years from now.

In college a few of us got flown to Norfolk to help assemble ship engines. Diesel tech in college. One of the lead techs comment that he had to be nice to all of us since it was likely one of us would be his boss someday. I don't think that happened, a good attitude to have with everyone. It generally makes life better in the long run.

"I fucked just about every chick in HS.

As Paul Simon Said: If you took all the girls I Knew in HS , and got them all together for one night
they'd never match my sweet imagination, because everything is worse in black and white...

Just Sayin' :)

My wife, who was a late bloomer, didn't want to go to her 20th. I suggested that pretty much guaranteed, she was going to look better, be far better off, married better, and still on her first husband, while all the stuck-up people in her school, were going to be showing a lot of milage, on their 3 or 4th marriage, and either alcoholics, jail-birds, or out of work, broke-ass losers, who were only there because they never moved out of town.
Sure enough.
It was a great night.
We never looked back.

Reactions: Longshot231
I had a buddy, good looking Italian kid. Girls lined up to smoke his dick, he was the shit, guys thought he was awesome. I lived a few houses down and we worked the same crappy jobs in school. He used to smile and charm people into buying expired car wash tickets to last weeks drama club car wash for extra cash, drove a nice Chevelle. Fast forward 35 years and he is getting convicted of fraud in a Ponzi scheme he ran with his boss stealing the life savings of school teachers and municipal workers in central Florida, same scheme only bigger.

He got probation and a $5 million dollar judgement, lost every dime he had and had zero chance of repaying the $5 mil. He ate his gun not long afterwards.

Then again, the class president, prettiest girl in school went to Notre Dame, became a lawyer and is still in practice after 30 years and is still beautiful. Had three kids, married a trophy guy and is living happily ever after. So it does work out for some of them.

Last edited:
Bigfatcock went to his reunion and had his name tag on his dick?

Hm interesting didn't watch video. HS was fun, but I left the summer I graduated and started working in my college town so I could get in state tuition asap as it were back in the day. Came home 2x for Christmas then parents moved south.....still keep in touch with 2 bball teammates no idea what has happened to everyone else....wish them well hope life is good for them though.

High School and all that went with it were happy times. Everything that happened had a purpose. But then, I must be a weirdo because I enjoyed my military service also.
All times are what you make of them.

everything that happened before today is a waste of time, focus on the future....its something you can actually change.

wound up being a nobody in high school and a somebody in college.

pontificating aside, I actually dont speak to anyone from high school or college.

as my life/I changed they didnt fit anymore.

high school friends would have not be friends with my college friends and my college friends etc

I grew up poor and the couple of friends I called friends were tight until HS then all changed.
I went one way they another, I'd check in once iin awhile with one but none other, after sometime I moved back to Minn. and called the one who I have called several times after school and we met but after that he was always to busy so when moving for another project called him and said I was leaving the area and have a good life Ihaven't heard or spoke to him since, that's his loose not mine.
Haven't seen,heard or thought much of any of those from HS as I know life will continue and I made it before and after without them so PARTY ON BOYS

I graduated in 1966 in a class of 21. 11 guys and 10 girls.
8 of us were drafted, 6 were sent to Vietnam, of those, 2 were KIA, 3 were WIA and one of them died within 6 months of his return, the other 1 was in some kind of signal outfit, the other 2 went to Germany. The rest of the males were all on some kind of sham or another like collage or medically unfit for duty. The Draft wasn't too fair in my opinion as the cocksuckers not drafted were the rich kids or had influence. The Cool ones,-- and but for 1 who is and was a person who earned his way, losers.
Of the 21, 9 are dead, the one Cool guy is a multi-millionaire and does help out others not so fortunate. He is very generous to any one of us upon hard times.

As to the girls, our class beauty, with the sweetest ass you have every seen, now has an ASS 7 axhandles wide. You don't know if you should jump over or go around.

The homeliest girl, who everyone loved, blossomed late and to this day is one of the most attractive women in this world. She liked to ride motorsicles with me and liked to do the rub and tickle too.

Overall, I think we all came out pretty good and the Grim Reaper helped us thin the herd too.

No Queers, no Lezzies, just productive people who stay in touch with each other and our 50 year reunion was GREAT, we showed them all how it should be done. FM

Class of "75 here. I have not been to any of our reunions and probably won't. I still see most of the friends that I had back then. A few things that I have noticed;

The jerks are still jerks
The decent rich are mostly successful and still decent folks
The hot chicks look really rough (another poster mentioned 10 miles of gravel road)
The ugly chicks are still ugly
The homely chicks look pretty good
Most everyone is a little heavier and a lot of the guys have less hair

Like a lot of you, many of my classmates are dead. Accidents, drugs, bad decisions, ect.

I did attend one of my Wife's reunions. We went with another couple that we are friends with. They had the same observations that I posted above. One of the hottest chicks looked a lot like Miss Piggy! My Wife looked over at Her friend and committed "we look better that they do"!

Reactions: Centuriator
It would be interesting to me how big the social cluster you were in and how big your classes were.

I come from a very small town so class numbers were low.

Someone on here mentioned a class size of 1200! and I can only imagine, I have NO idea what a school that large would be like.

I have No idea how many graduate from my nearest schools now but do know my Hometown school does around 50--70. per year now.

I would guess the High School here does 200 maybe.?

Reactions: Milo 2.5
What is most surprising is how many people on this site actually finished HS in the first place! :)

Reactions: oneshot86
Funniest thing my wife heard at my last reunion a couple years ago was when one of the HS fat girls was stating how the skinny girls were now fat. I like the fat girl, but at least the other girls were skinny once.

I'm not sure why anyone would hold onto anger for this long. Maybe try some forgiveness and let it go. It's for you, not them. You don't need to give them free rent in your brain.

76 here, we did manage a 10 yr reunion, which was fun. I had already forgot a few. No 20 or 30yr gathering, then a yr after 40 years, some clowns decided Oct was the perfect time to reunite, so a 41 yr reunion. I thought, and re-thought, but you have to ask why, 40 yrs of separation, who the fuck cares.